• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview BW093: The Junior Cup of Farewells and Meetings!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, that was not unexpected. Even though I couldn't care less about Trip, I'm still glad he won just so this will hopefully lead to his inevitable defeat by Ash in the Unova League, ending their rivalry.

Hopefully Ash uses Pikachu, though I wouldn't mind if he uses Krookodile.
You mean Krokorok.
Krokorok evolved battling Iris' Dragonite in the previous round.

Good for Trip finally getting to battle his idol. (and then get heavily smeared against the floor)

Alder's Bouffalant? Volcarona would've been nice.... ._.

Well, that was not unexpected. Even though I couldn't care less about Trip, I'm still glad he won just so this will hopefully lead to his inevitable defeat by Ash in the Unova League, ending their rivalry.

Hopefully Ash uses Pikachu, though I wouldn't mind if he uses Krookodile.
You mean Krokorok.
Krokorok evolved battling Iris' Dragonite in the previous round.

Oops, got the names confused. :sweatlol:

Trip won it? Shit...

Hopefully Alder wipes the floor with that jerk.

I couldn't care less about Trip winning the Junior Cup; that was as predictable as finding sand in the desert and was obviously done so he could represent some sort of threat in the League. What worries me is the presence of the word "Farewells" in the title of the episode, this better not be Dawn's farewell; I thought she would stay until the end of the Meloetta arc, I need to see her doing something relevant and justifying her appearance in Unova before she leaves.

I wish Shooty was using Roobushin myself to make up for its previous spectacular failures.

Last edited:
Ah, just occurred to me now that the commentator (Takemitsu) will be alone, as Alder shall be battling Shooti. As much as he's able to commentate alone, I quite enjoy having two commentators spectating a match, so I hope someone else accompanies him.

Also, even though I feel Alder will win, I think Shooti will put in the effort in order to attempt to make his dreams of defeating him come true, so I'm wishing for a splendid battle all the same. I wonder will Ash VS Shooti finish in the last episode, or in this one, and how long this battle will be- and how will the interactions contained in this match be like, from the opponents to the sidelines. I'm hoping it will be a long enough match, and that we'll observe interesting interactions between Alder and Shooti, which hopefully will proceed to contribute to some character development on Shooti's part.

I couldn't care less about Trip winning the Junior Cup; that was as predictable as finding sand in the desert and was obviously done so he could represent some sort of threat in the League. What worries me is the presence of the word "Farewells" in the title of the episode, this better not be Dawn's farewell; I thought she would stay until the end of the Meloetta arc, I need to see her doing something relevant and justifying her appearance in Unova before she leaves.

I don't think Dawn will leave in this episode. With all the Piplup merchandising and the Piplup vs Oshawott rivalry still unresolved, I think she will stick around for at least Team Rocket's Operation Tempest. The farewell part could involve the rivals (Trip, Georgia, Burgundy) and the champions (Cynthia and Alder). If Dawn does end up leaving, though, this will end up being a very pathetic cameo. Her Togekiss, Quilava, Buneary, and Pachirisu have not been used at all and I really want to see them in action, not just Piplup and Mamoswine.

I'm gonna laugh so hard if Alder's Bouffalant has sap sipper. Not much serperior can do to that.

I don't think Dawn will be leaving in this episode, I mean why the crud did they even bring her back if she's not even gonna do anything important or relevant?
Simple: fanservice.

trip was always going to win the tournament, but i highly doubt he'll beat alder. he hasn't ~matured or ~learned enough about himself yet or w/e ;p

also it would be fun if dawn travelled with the gang for a while, but misty & may's next-gen cameos were both pretty short so i'm pretty sure it won't happen... which is a shame. having two girls in the group could be an interesting change of pace.

still, i'm looking forward to this episode. trip's hero worship of alder is pretty adorable ngl

I don't think Dawn will leave in this episode. With all the Piplup merchandising and the Piplup vs Oshawott rivalry still unresolved, I think she will stick around for at least Team Rocket's Operation Tempest. The farewell part could involve the rivals (Trip, Georgia, Burgundy) and the champions (Cynthia and Alder). If Dawn does end up leaving, though, this will end up being a very pathetic cameo. Her Togekiss, Quilava, Buneary, and Pachirisu have not been used at all and I really want to see them in action, not just Piplup and Mamoswine.

I hope you're right; I would hate to see Dawn go back to Hoenn without having done something important. She came to develop her skills as a Coordinator but so far we couldn't see these skills into practice because her battles have been interrupted or lasted less than a minute. I also want to see her other Pokémon in action, especially Quilava and Togekiss.

I knew this was going to happen but still I can't help but feel sorry for Ash who had to go up against and get past a MurderNite just to get to the finals, just to only to lose it to someone who quite frankly should be less powerful than the one who he just beat. Seeing a joke like Trip beat Ash here makes Ash himself look like a joke as well when Iris could have easily murderstomped Trip with her Dragonite and that is what Grinds Mah Gears.

Now i can take Trip winning this tournament with more leniency if Trip beat Cilan in the quarterfinals beforehand, if only to re-credibilize Trip from the previous two humiliating losses in which he lost to two rather weak opponents in Cilan and Bianca.

Typical outcome. Look forward to seeing how it will effect Shooty's persona as he'll most likely lose against Adeku.

Now i can take Trip winning this tournament with more leniency if Trip beat Cilan in the quarterfinals beforehand, if only to re-credibilize Trip from the previous two humiliating losses in which he lost to two rather weak opponents in Cilan and Bianca.
Dent's not weak, he is a Gym Leader. I wonder if Shooty will start rethinking the way he goes by things after this.

Last edited:
I don't think Dawn will be leaving in this episode, I mean why the crud did they even bring her back if she's not even gonna do anything important or relevant?

A: They brought misty and May back for insignificant events
B: Dawn appeared in the junior cup festival. Insignificant or not, she was brought back for fandom and this was a good excuse.

Out of all of Ash's returning partners, Dawn has been here for the longest so I wont be surprised if the "farewell" bit is referring to Dawn, although I dont think Dawn will just become a forgotten character AKA I dont think this is her final appearance.

Dent's not weak, he is a Gym Leader. I wonder if Shooty will start rethinking the way he goes by things after this.

He might be a former gym leader, but look what happened to Brock, a former gym leader who went traveling. He ended up becoming much weaker, so much weaker that Paul was able to murderstomp him so very bad at the Hearthome tag tournament. Now, Dent is somewhat formiddable but I believe he should be a nobody compared to Ash main rival Trip, who before suffering humiliating losses, was shown to be as skilled a battler as Paul though not as strong due to Trip still being a rookie.

As for the tournament's aftermath, I believe this isn't the last we see from Trip and of course Alder is gonna murk him. Maybe Alder might toy around with Trip like he did Ash previously before he will decide to end the battle in one fell swoop with Trip suffering another on screen humiliating defeat although this would be more acceptable than Trip losing to Cilan and Bianca.

If this is indeed Dawn's farewell then I have to say from this stand point that I think bringing her back was completely pointless. I'm thinking they needed Cynthia most of all but thought "Hey, why not put Dawn too?" It was not a good time for her to comeback and sadly this will be her only time. It may have been longer than the other returning females but she was treated the worst if you ask me.

Now, back to the preview. I figured Trip would be in the finals as they writers don't like Ash beating his main rivals pre league. Either that or I was expecting Trip to maybe lose to one of the CODs (Hirokazu, Marufuji, or Akihiro) and one of them winning the whole thing like they did in the original series. Either way I knew Ash wasn't going to win.

Anyway, it would be pretty funny if Alder's Bouffalant's ability was Sap Sipper and I'm hoping it is.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom