• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview BW093: The Junior Cup of Farewells and Meetings!

Status
Not open for further replies.
This these tournaments really get on nerves because the are one on one. I hate one on one. Shorter less variety of pokemon and in story doesn't really prove that one trainer is better or not due to certain pokemon having advantages against others. And now a single one on one battle is left over and they have an entire episode to fill I have a bad feeling about this. Unless they got something substantial planned for the rest episode I smell a lot of padding. Bad jokes and eating scenes ho! Though they can introduce the grandson character.

If Trip's going to use Serperior in all of the 5 battles I won't think of him as a threat.

I'm going to assume the leaving is Hikari. Whatever, the tournament is over, and that's why she was there.

I am really, really excited that Shooti is going to challenge Adeku. I hope that Adeku wins to show him that even though he's not the most professional, he's still Champion for a reason :p

Trip winning was pretty predictable. I hope the battle before Alder isn't Pikachu vs Serperior. That would mean Pikachu has lost to it as a Snivy, Servine and Serperior. Some one made the point that if Trip uses Serperior for every match than he wouldn't be as threatening. I agree with that. Mix it up Bud. Some Conkledurr redemption would be nice.

Im sure Alder will win, then Ash will beat Trip in the league

Eh, this was the obvious outcome when we found out Iris was going to lose, so I don't mind. I'm really, really looking forward to Alder flattening Trip, though :3

I wish Shooty was using Roobushin myself to make up for its previous spectacular failures.

But it would lose again, and nothing would be better. I wish that it were used earlier against Cilan or Ash

So we've moved from Iris glorification to now full speed ahead Trip glorification. Yes it was a given, but once this thing is over I'm going to act like it never existed.

I actually think the Whirl Cup is leagues ahead of this shit.

So we've moved from Iris glorification to now full speed ahead Trip glorification. Yes it was a given, but once this thing is over I'm going to act like it never existed.

I actually think the Whirl Cup is leagues ahead of this shit.

That's because the Whirl Cup had better writing. Although I really didn't think Ash should have been there instead of someone else but it doesn't matter now. If only they would have writting these Don battles better it would be more fun. I think this was to give Cilan and Iris something else to do but I would have rather if they had something different so that things would be different for Ash.

Obviously I am going to be so pissed if Trip still gives Ash grief after that victory over Deux Eu Dragona last episode...

So, this means that Trip will lose to Alder even after beating Ash?

It's more along the lines of if Trip doesn't lose against Alder, considering this is only his first region and no one in the show has been even close to beating an E4 member, it would be complete bullshit.

Last edited:
Couldn't agree more. The only way he can do damage is from using Cut...or if he's lucky land a Leer for a little extra damage by lowering its defense.

But honestly, I think the writers will do one of two things;
Have Trip taking the lead in the battle by landing some non-Grass attacks and right when he think he's about to win with let's say Solarbeam it strikes only for Sap Sipper to do its job and raise Bouffalant's attack power to deliver the finishing move

OR

Scratch out Bouffalant's special ability all together. Remember back when Ash battled Clay? Roggenrola used Sandstorm but neither of Excadrill's special abilities were activated despite that both increase its stats in a Sandstorm. So, the writers only pull out the abilities in terms of plot and with Alder being Champ I don't know if they'll think there is a need to do so.

Either way, I would love to see more that just Head Charge to see if Alder provides a variety of moves in his Pokemon's range of attack.

I actually kind of want Alder to just do nothing in the battle and troll Trip by letting him win, thus completing his "goal" in an utterly unsatisfying way. I wouldn't put it past Alder to flunk a match to show some upstart kid why their single minded attitude is wrong.

I actually kind of want Alder to just do nothing in the battle and troll Trip by letting him win, thus completing his "goal" in an utterly unsatisfying way. I wouldn't put it past Alder to flunk a match to show some upstart kid why their single minded attitude is wrong.

While it would be an interesting turn of events, I doubt Alder would want to lose like that in front of thousands of fans and especially in front of Cynthia.

While it would be an interesting turn of events, I doubt Alder would want to lose like that in front of thousands of fans and especially in front of Cynthia.

I disagree, I think it would be out of character for Alder to care about losing at all. Though the fact that anime Alder seems to be channelling Brock might change that as long as Cynthia is around.

I disagree, I think it would be out of character for Alder to care about losing at all. Though the fact that anime Alder seems to be channelling Brock might change that as long as Cynthia is around.

I don't know, I mean no one in their right mind would come off as not taking their role as Champion at least somewhat seriously, I could see Alder being Serious in front of a fellow Champion if only to maintain the gallant reputation that comes with being a Champion. I mean if I was a Champion, I wouldn't want to give people the Idea that i don't take my position seriously and thus may not preceived as worthy of the title of champion in those eyes, especially in the eyes of someone who in essence is an equal of mine in rank.

I agree that he would take the match somewhat seriously but when I say seriously I mean he won't fall asleep like he did against Ash. I mean if anything he is like Brock and Ash put together;

He has that willingness to put his well being on the line to help out of Pokemon like with Gigalith, isn't afraid to jump in front of a Pokemon to take a hit instead of his own Pokemon doing so (facing the wildly charging Gigalith head-on and tossing it in the air with uncanny anime "superhuman" strength), the laid back sort of attitude of Ash mixed with the woman chasing spirit of Brock.

So, I'd imagine him actually enjoying the match with Trip, but Trip being incredibly serious (more than usual). Alder would probably be shocked at how he's acting. If anything I think Trip will be talking angrily at Alder for what he told him as a child and how he contradicted himself in "Ash vs. the Champion." That might be the turning point in the match.

Overall, I'd expect it to be somewhat like Paul vs. Brandon. The outcome of this match will change Trip like Paul's loss to Brandon did.

Oh my gosh, you just made perfect sense. How did Bianca beat him? By using his own power against him. He is so focused on power that he doesn't expect someone to withstand his attacks or even outmaneuver them. This guy really is a noob, although not in the sense that we thought him to be. True, he is pragmatic, but he lacks the experience to know that battles are more than that.

I write this in a dry sense of humor way, but if Dawn and Shirona leave, then at least nothing too terrible will have been done to their characters. I'm watching more out of fear right now that something horrendously unjust will be done to them than out of real enjoyment in seeing them again...so at least I and the show can call it here with each other if they leave. :eek: I'm most worried right now about Shirona's reaction to Ash losing to Shooti; if that moment can pass without anything too bad happening, I'll be happy and go back to peacefulness.

I am rather surprised nobody posted the summary translation:
Dephender said:
"The Junior Cup, Site of Partings and Encounters!"

"Shootie, the winner of the Pokemon World Tournament Junior Cup, has been granted his long-desired right to battle Isshu Region Champion Adeku. Adeku sends out Buffron, and Shootie answers with Jalorda. Wanting to prove his strength to Adeku, Shootie has throughly prepared himself by studying up on Buffron in advance. As a true champion, however, Adeku takes everything Shootie dishes out."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom