• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review BW096: Meloetta and the Undersea Temple!

First of all, that was the 1st part barely, they will have a bigger role in the finale. Second, it's the end of Team Rocket as an organisation, probably. The TRio doesn't need to appear more than necessary in it. They will have a plenty time to shine later. The organisation deserves a proper sendoff ater 15 years.

Jeshi you have too much hope...

Too much hope for what?

First of all, that was the 1st part barely, they will have a bigger role in the finale. Second, it's the end of Team Rocket as an organisation, probably. The TRio doesn't need to appear more than necessary in it. They will have a plenty time to shine later. The organisation deserves a proper sendoff ater 15 years.

Jeshi you have too much hope...

Too much hope for what?

Because now I'm sure we will not see much the Rocket Trio in the final... The episode next week will still be entirely focused on Meloetta and organization but not the trio and I did not even expect them to know a real development later. Personally I have lost all hope. I'm so disappointed, I expected so much these episodes. Each time we are promised great double episode and it is not the case...

The TRio still have their radio show. They don't need to be very involved with this.

The TRio still have their radio show. They don't need to be very involved with this.

But the fans who do not have internet, who do not know the radio show are forgotten then?

Because now I'm sure we will not see much the Rocket Trio in the final... The episode next week will still be entirely focused on Meloetta and organization but not the trio and I did not even expect them to know a real development later. Personally I have lost all hope. I'm so disappointed, I expected so much these episodes. Each time we are promised great double episode and it is not the case...
And I don't hope for their big appearance in this finale. It might be that they will appear more in the next ep, but they won't be the main stars for sure - Sakaki is. As I said, they will shine later.

wasnt it said in their show last week that their radio show was done as of last week?

They got the Live Caster for themselves, if that's anything. James waving his hair showed that he still got it xD.

The images of the live caster are nothing new we've seen many times before!

They weren't recycled animation.

We saw these images in the special show on the 15th anniversary of Pokémon, and the Rocket Live Caster substitute the Oak Live Caster during the holidays

I didn't watch the 15th anniversary special of the Pokémon movies. Thanks for telling me! Team Rocket were pretty cool this episode. Knowing that they captured a legendary Pokemon before was cool.

It's 2012. If they don't have internet, too bad.

There are also many people who do not consider the radio show... I spend my time to explain the radio show in all the forums I visit but many french fans of the anime pokemon do not even consider this as official. Some fans of Team Rocket are not interested because they do not understand Japanese and that is not translated. It annoys me a lot because it seems that many people consider ONLY the anime as official for these people there the development of radio show has no interest.

I do not know what to do to get them to understand the importance of radio...

We're reaaaaaalllllly getting off topic here. So let's just move this kind of talk to the twitter thread and leave this one for today's episode.

Grave-E said:
I guess that seals the fate of the coveted Plasma 2 parter.

Not necessarily. They recycle footage in this show all the time.

I'm not convinced that the episodes will ever air, of course. I'm just saying that this, by itself, doesn't mean much.

And at least they were able to salvage some of the footage from that two-parter.

Human said:
I'm actually surprised that they managed to capture her before. What I'm not surprised at is that she escaped. Um... HOW? Was a reason given?

Nope! No explanation was provided at all.

It would have been nice if they had shown *that* during the obligatory Rocket scenes we got each week instead of the boring shit we got of them listening to its song in a submarine.

I'm not convinced that the episodes will ever air, of course. I'm just saying that this, by itself, doesn't mean much.
What's more convincing is the fact that there is no longer any way to treat those episodes as anything but a flashback, and yet nothing so far has implied that such a flashback would be relevant to a future storyline.

Nope! No explanation was provided at all.

It would have been nice if they had shown *that* during the obligatory Rocket scenes we got each week instead of the boring shit we got of them listening to its song in a submarine.
I suspect that Meloetta was deliberately released for the purpose of recording its song; it is obviously unwilling to sing for Team Rocket under normal circumstances. Why this wasn't explained is beyond me.

This episode... has to be one of the best ones in years, it had great animation and writing, and a great buildup to the next episodes, though it's surprising the TRio wasn't in this episode, which is a pity, regardless, it does help the viewers remember that their is more to TR than just Jessie, James, and Meowth. One problem I've noticed with the episode is the staircase animation is directly recycled from the ill-fated Team Rocket vs. Team Plasma episodes, which seals their fate (though as for if Team Plasma will ever appear in the anime, that's for another topic), and that kind of disappoints me.

Other than a few minor problems such as the staircase problem, I'd give this episode a high rating of 9/10, a sign of proof that the writers CAN write great episodes when they want to.

It look like a really good episode. Persian to me looks like it knew Hyper Beam then Power Gem

I suspect that Meloetta was deliberately released for the purpose of recording its song; it is obviously unwilling to sing for Team Rocket under normal circumstances. Why this wasn't explained is beyond me.

Then why did they try to capture Meloetta again in BW2! first episode without recording her song? I think Meloetta escaped somehow, Team Rocket then stalked her, failed to capture her to record her song in the first episode of BW2! and came up with a new plan to record it behind her back.

Oh and...I am suprised nobody mentioned it but...

...am I the only one who thought that when Meloetta used Hyper Voice, Krookodile's Sunglasses should've been broken?

That would be dentlicious.

This looks awesome Persian

[Spoiler Are you mad bro.jpg

Last edited:
So...it begins. I have not paid attention to any previews, so pardon me if I seem ignorant to certain things. This ep has a lot of buildup, but not a lot happens really. I suppose I should expect such from the first half of a two parter. So the answer is finally given if Ash ever stood a chance against Giovanni: the answer is no, but again, due to the standards of BW, it was almost a forgone conclusion. The real point was made, though, Gio is not one to play fair. For some reason, I am hung up on Ash himself being captured. Gio certainly doesn't fool around. It will be interesting to see how part 2 plays out, but I am also concerned about matters being too rushed for an event of this magnitude.

You know, with the amount of small hovering devices the villains in the Pokemon universe use to get around, one would think they have some sort of strange aversion to walking, like the Jetsons or something.

That lame joke said, a very strong set up ep.

Please note: The thread is from 12 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom