• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review BW097: The Reijuu Formes Advance! Isshu's Greatest Crisis!!

I hope that episode wasn't really farewell to TR because if it is, it's a terrible one D: The battles were fun, but it was too rushed and very, very anticlimactic.

Agreed which was why I had said earlier that it felt somewhat disappointing...

that telephopne quiz, was that saying "which one you want back on the show?" or which one was your favorite?

The episode wasn't as scary as I thought it was going to be, but I really liked this episode a lot. I liked how Thundurus' Thunder(?) attack powered up Pikachu so that he could deliver a powerful Electro Ball.

Giovanni's voice was really creepy... I liked how the Team Rocket Trio ended up saving him and getting rid of his possession.

There was a slight comical relief when Dragonite flexed its muscles at Iris, which I thought was funny.

Oshawott tearing up when saying goodbye to Meloetta was priceless.

How are they putting an option of a return of Dokucale in the telephone quiz!? How could they do this!?
ポケットモンスター ベストウイッシュ シーズン2:あにてれ:テレビ東京

So that whole montage was just to help kids pick which number to call... no wonder it was oddly specific.

So it's still going on? I thought they said Sakaki had told them to cancel it?

No, that was Satoshi using a voice changer to trick the TRio so he could take over the show.

For this generation, probably.
They will obviously return at some point since even Giovanni is interested in Pikachu now. They are more likely to return after the league than wait until the next generation.

sunyshore said:
Turns out Cynthia being there meant nothing, she did absolutely nothing special or useful besides sending out a Pokemon like the rest.
Which is why I don't understand why some people have complained about Larry rather than Cynthia. He was far more relevant to the plot than she was.

For this generation, probably.
They will obviously return at some point since even Giovanni is interested in Pikachu now. They are more likely to return after the league rather than wait until the next generation.

sunyshore said:
Turns out Cynthia being there meant nothing, she did absolutely nothing special or useful besides sending out a Pokemon like the rest.
Which is why I don't understand why some people have complained about Larry rather than Cynthia. He was far more relevant to the plot than she was.

Wait he said he is interested in Pikachu now?

I'm sure he did say nothing about Pikachu, but that's just me - not being able to understand Japanese etc.

While I was disappointed by the anticlimatic ending of this episode I can't say I didn't like it.

The Golem-Pokémon is one of my all time favourites, so having it around was pretty cool, I really liked the Iris/Dragoran scene, Pikachu's Elekiball attack somehow reminded me of Princess Serenety's final attack against Queen Beryl in Sailor Moon which is a huge plus to me ( :p ), the animation of the battles was really, really nice...it may be the longest BW battle without much stuck footage ( kinda sad, isn't it ^^; ), Meloetta is finally gone, thank God for that, the credits made me all nostalgic and got me a bit teary eyed tbh...

But nothing is perfect in this world because Seger survived all of it....damn.

Oh, yes, Seger survived -___- ... but I hope he will be forgotten by writers such as Flint was (I wonder what happened to Flint however...)

I'm going to make a post ignoring anything everyone else said for once. This was kinda disappointing, as this feels like every other minor legend encounter out there. That being said, it was still enjoyable. What was up with the giant Electro Ball of Doom, though? I'm sure everyone wants to hear my comment on the Rocket situation. Verdict: Team Rocket 4 life! For the trio and us as well. They are not gone, and their loyalty to the boss remains intact. Barring anything that may happen next season, TR isn't going anywhere anytime soon. I very seriously doubt we will have an event like this again, as it would be difficult to top that. I know I said that about Nimbasa, but this is even more difficult to top. In fact, I wager the only way to top it IS to have it out with TR in one colossal final battle, which would certainly mean their end. At least I have one more thing I can say is worth watching this saga.

EDIT: Oh, they went back to Kanto and did the whole montage thing. Well, it's still possible for them to return, but if this is the end, it satisfies no one. Only if they don't appear for the rest of the generation may I say for certain, or another villain team takes over.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nobody noticed? Meowth has been forgotten to get on the plane

Last edited:
I was honestly both surprised and disappointed in this episode, so my feelings towards it are rather mixed.

First off, let's start with the good aspects of the episode. Almost all the fight scenes were epic in this episode, Dragonite and Iris had a good bonding moment as well, and Giovanni was awesome in this episode, he went insane in an appropriate manner, becoming power hungry and wanting to destroy Unova, to the point where the TRio is disturbed by it, and I really like how now Giovanni is now interested in Pikachu as well, let alone the TRio, points to the writers for that.

Though as always, this episode had it's problems. First off is the fact that Cynthia was just THERE, she did absolutely nothing special or useful besides sending out Garchomp for the big fight (another golden opportunity for potential character and plot development wasted), this is much like how Dawn was treated in BW recently, how she was simply there and didn't contribute any to the plot at all. Another gripe I have with the episode is the giant Electro Ball Pikachu made, a little anticlimactic if you ask me.

Finally is the ending, Giovanni specifically says that they are going to return to Kanto, this one I have some mixed feelings about, given how the scene was done, at the end of the episode, there was a montage of old Team Rocket clips (none from BW surprisingly, though one can argue it was for the better), and they say that they will be back, even though the montage implies that they AREN'T coming back, or at least not in BW (unless Team Plasma finally appears, but that's another story).

Still, when/if Team Rocket comes back, if the series goes back to them wanting to catch Pikachu/CotD Pokemon in every episode (which doesn't seem like it, unless it's after the league), I'm going to be very annoyed.

On the upside though, Meloetta is gone at least (though it was rather heartwarming to see Oshawott look disappointed at her leave).

Overall, I give this episode an 8/10, it's definitely one of the better episodes of BW, but the writers know they can do better.

Wait he said he is interested in Pikachu now.
From sunyshore's notes: "They escape and Giovanni is thinking about how he lost himself. They all agree Pikachu really is special after all."

That's not exactly what happened. Musashi mentioned Pikachu is special and Kojiro agreed. That was it. The conversation was just between the two of them.

Finally is the ending, Giovanni specifically says that they are going to return to Kanto, this one I have some mixed feelings about, given how the scene was done, at the end of the episode, there was a montage of old Team Rocket clips (none from BW surprisingly, though one can argue it was for the better), and they say that they will be back, even though the montage implies that they AREN'T coming back, or at least not in BW (unless Team Plasma finally appears, but that's another story).

The montage was just to help kids decide which Pokemon to call.

Wait he said he is interested in Pikachu now.
From sunyshore's notes: "They escape and Giovanni is thinking about how he lost himself. They all agree Pikachu really is special after all."

That's not exactly what happened. Musashi mentioned Pikachu is special and Kojiro agreed. That was it. The conversation was just between the two of them.

yes that's correct. only the two of them mentioned it, my saying "all" was a lapse of memory, tho they did say it outloud in front of giovanni who i felt was included in the conversation in general. they were all talking together. but only jessie and james actually spoke of pikachu. sorry for confusion :)

Please note: The thread is from 11 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom