• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review BW097: The Reijuu Formes Advance! Isshu's Greatest Crisis!!

Did the montage show anything from the original series? I'm just wondering why some people interpreted it as a farewell sign.

Yeah, there were some scenes from episode two and then some Jouto stuff featuring Sonansu.

Did the montage show anything from the original series? I'm just wondering why some people interpreted it as a farewell sign.

It began with their first scene ever (looking over their wanted poster in the Meowth balloon), and their first defeat by Pikachu.

I really enjoyed the episode and the montage! But the one thing I didn't understand were the icons of Dustox, Mime Jr and Wobbufet! Can somebody explain?

Kids could call a number and vote for one of the three Pokemon and be entered to win something. I think it was the Pikachu 3DS.

Kids could call a number and vote for one of the three Pokemon and be entered to win something. I think it was the Pikachu 3DS.

man i believe that it was to see with what pokemon would they return in the anime, wishful thinking ftl, (i even contradict myself by puting duxtox in there)

No, no, that's not quite correct! Cynthia's Garchomp was the only one who could keep the kami trio at bay, while Dragonite and the other Pokemon were being hit hard during the fight.

While that may have been true, there were numerous times during the fight when Garchomp was seen getting hit very hard as well. Garchomp barely did any better against the Therian pokemon than the others it fought alongside with.
Well, I haven't seen the episode itself yet but I did check the screenshots on filb.de, a site which usually has lots of screenshots taken at very short intervals. And apart from that one scene in which all the Pokemon get hit by that red beam of light, I didn't notice that Garchomp had any trouble whatsoever. After all, Garchomp was able to stop Palkia's attack in "A Battle Finale of Legend" and I think we may assume that Dialga and Palkia are stronger than the kami / therian trio.

But again, what move did Garchomp use when she was surrounded by that dragon head-like cloud?

you based garchomp holding the battle together and being the only one who kept the kami trio at bay on screenshots? XD since its not true at all! garchomp, unfezant, pansage and golurk played a basic role in the battle, hitting and getting hit, garchomp did absolutely nothing special, sadly. and i love garchomp, i am not biased against it! the only battling pokemon with special focus on it was dragonite, who had some particular bonding going on with iris. but cynthia and her garchomp played no important role in this episode, no more than iris or dento.

Well, considering that Cynthia and Garchomp already got a lot of screentime, it's just natural that the writers wanted her to hold back a bit, otherwise some other fans might have complained. But this doesn't change the fact that at least Cynthia and Garchomp were there as opposed to a certain Alder who obviously couldn't care less or was already asleep again. To me this clearly proves that the writers consider Cynthia the best and greatest Champion. Otherwise, why would they keep bringing her back then and why would she get way more screentime than all the other champions together and do much more important things than the latter? ;)

If the Kami Trio was strong enough to take over Unova than why the hell couldn't they take out Golurk Dragonite and Pansage. It not like the writers needed them to stay up they have other pokemon. And I didn't really get that Pikachu absorbed the lightning he seemed to hold in for long time and they say anything about it or foreshadow that super elec ball.

Before I watched this episode I was pretty sure the whole 'end of rocket dan' was bullocks.
I don't have a crystal ball but I'm very confident this was just the end of their Best Wishes schemes.
Anyway, I already expressed my utter disgust for this "new" Rocket Dan in other topics. I won't lie and say I wasn't annoyed by their constant attacks but I do hope in the next series they return IN-character and not like this new generic serious soulless clone-of-many-past-villains-in-the-anime selves that I'm assuming was the bright idea of this new director.

The episode itself was fairly entertaining. I expected more. Maybe much more. Frankly it was only worth it for Sakaki finally showing up in front of Satoshi for the first time and getting things done himself. Ok, also for the massive Pikachu attack too.
I was sick of Meloetta so it's good to see her go away. Not that I dislike her or anything. It's one of the few Gen V pokémon I like.

I agree with those who said the end was very abrupt... I mean, the way Sakaki just gives up like that.

All in all I thought the end of Ginga Dan was far more brilliant. Another score for Diamond & Pearl over the underwhelming Best Wishes series.
At least it wasn't as bad as Magma x Aqua Dan, but to be worse than that one would be QUITE a feat.

Here's hoping that the real Kojiro, Musashi and Nyarth return in the Pokémon X/Y series. (And if this was confirmed, excuse me, but I'm avoiding all sorts of spoilers as I still have some episodes to catch up to >.>)

Please note: The thread is from 11 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom