• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review BW097: The Reijuu Formes Advance! Isshu's Greatest Crisis!!

Dogasu

ロケット団よ永遠
Reaction score
The Reijuu Formes Advance! Isshu's Greatest Crisis!!

Animation - Team Kato
Screenplay - Atsuhiro Tomioka
Storyboard - Yūji Asada
Assistant director - Yūji Asada
Animation director - Masaaki Iwane

Satoshi, Pikachu, and Meloetta have all been captured and taken to the underwater temple as part of the Rocket-Dan's "Operation Tempest." It seems as if the Rocket-Dan's boss Sakaki wants to use the power of the legendary pokemon Tornelus, Voltlus, and Landlus to take over the Isshu Region! By using the "Reflecting Mirror," Sakaki is able to summon the trio of pokemon and cause them to do a Forme Change!

Some key points before discussion begins since it was stuff that really needs translating:

When Giovanni obtaines the symbol on his head, he says they no longer need Meloetta. He does go insane and says they will destroy Unova. JJM and the Prof are shocked by this and say no, we mean to take over, not destroy. JJM decide they have to stop him and leap on him, knocking him over and snapping him out of it. With this twist, JJM are in fact the ones who save the world by stopping Giovanni, who I doubt they've ever disagreed with before in their lives.

They escape and Giovanni is thinking about how he almost destroyed himself. Jessie and James mention Pikachu really is special after all. Giovanni specifically says they are returning to Kanto. In the little TR ending after the episode, they say "We will be back!" despite doing a whole montage as though they are never coming back again.

My feelings:
Turns out Cynthia being there meant nothing, she did absolutely nothing special or useful besides sending out a Pokemon like the rest. I assume/hope she's heading out soon as her and her butler are ridiculously boring and pointless and do nothing at all. Dragonite and Iris had a good bonding moment.

I was having trouble taking it all seriously at first since all WE need to get those Therians is AR searcher XD And not all this crazy wacky stuff. But it was a great episode.

Last edited:
"We'll definitely be back!"

...says Satoshi to just about every COTD, ever.

I also like how there were zero BW clips used in the big Rocket flashback.

That was... anticlimactic. Certainly not "the end of Team Rocket after 15 years" like what was being advertised.

And I don't know what to think about that ending. It was kind of a tease, like, "Remember how interesting these characters used to be?"

Last edited:
Really Really Really good episode, loved the choice of music and the animation was pleasing to the eye, one thing caught my eye though, didn't someone around here claim team rocket will end? heheehee

Anyways 10/10

Better luck next time thefightingmisty ;)

its a shame that we probably wont see that cool ending with team rocket here in the US... cheap editing tricks making us think Gio was biting the dust...

Summary of my thoughts on this episode - FUCK YEAH PIKACHU! *fist pump*

Otherwise, way too much dialogue for me to get a handle on what was going on - so looking forward very much to the dub. Interesting to see the city freeze over, is the story for the BW2 Unova freezing anything related to this episodes events?

"We'll definitely be back!"

...says Satoshi to just about every COTD, ever.

I also like how there were zero BW clips used in the big Rocket flashback.

Could this be a hint maybe? a hint that the old team rocket will come back :XXXX OMGG@ :D

I'm courious about the name of the song that was playing.

Anyway I hope they are'nt really gone. I'll kinda miss them. :'( Since the montage makes it looks like they were going.

So this is how it went:
*Larry has some really good ears
*Seeing the Forms was nice
*Dragonite having a tender moment with Iris after having it butt kicked by all three forms
*Pikachu absorbed Thunderus electricity
*Hearing the full anime version to the ending of black and white was really nice to hear!
*And Team Rocket was defeated just like that...
*Aww! I liked the Team Rocket montage! xD
I felt somewhat disappointed...but it was a good episode

I'm courious about the name of the song that was playing.

I think it was Team Rocket Forever.

Yep!

Summary of my thoughts on this episode - FUCK YEAH PIKACHU! *fist pump*

Otherwise, way too much dialogue for me to get a handle on what was going on - so looking forward very much to the dub. Interesting to see the city freeze over, is the story for the BW2 Unova freezing anything related to this episodes events?

Nope.

I have no word. It was worse than I had imagined. I do not know what to think... And images of the best moments of the trio after the episode made ​​me cry... Very bad day...

I have a theory. "The final mission" was simply "the last serious mission" that the TRio got.

"We will be back" means simpl - they will go back to their old roots, hunting Pikachu 'n such. Because really, they made a montage of goofyRocket, when they were fun and such. I don't think this is their end.

I was kind of dissapointed nothing really "special" happened. Sure, Pikachu was really badass, Unfezant was doing something usefull (yes!), Dragonite and Iris bonding, Giovanni kicked ass and after all it was a really decent final mission. But it wasn't enough or it was missing something.

I was also kind of hoping the TRio would blast off...ohwell.

I still feel this 2 parter wasn't as big as it could've been, and suffers from not being at least an episode longer than it was (seriously, it never really felt like the Ishhu was in danger. Everything was contained in this one area), but I actually quite enjoyed this. It was really action packed, had some great animation, and overall I think they did a pretty decent job of making the whole situation feel dire.

I'm glad Meloetta is finally out of the picture. What a phenomenal waste of time she was.

That was... anticlimactic. Certainly not "the end of Team Rocket after 15 years" like what was being advertised.
Didn't go into this expecting it to be anything but anticlimactic, to be honest. It was better than I thought it would be.

That was serious epic battles there. Lots of fun to watch.

The end credits were nice farewell to the TRio. Shame they had those dumb phone numbers up.

Eh, I don't know what to think, really. I think some parts were great and some parts were disappointing. I thought Ash and Pikachu's roles were awesome, though! The part where Pikachu FIRST blocked off those three legendaries from hurting everyone reminded me a lot of the "Spearow" part in the first episode. ^_^

I hope this isn't the end of Team Rocket, though. It was a good episode for Giovanni but I'd feel a little disappointed if this was the end of the TRio forever because I'd at least like for them to go back to their old selves first. I loved the montage, though.

Great moment between Iris and Dragonite, finally. And yeah, I was hoping Cynthia would do more, too, but whatever, she had her shining moments in D/P and the Caitlyn battle IMO.

I hope that episode wasn't really farewell to TR because if it is, it's a terrible one D: The battles were fun, but it was too rushed and very, very anticlimactic.

If we're lucky, the montage means nothing and they will really come back to steal Pikachu. That would be awesome, but my hopes aren't high. Every time I've gotten excited about BW I've ended up disappointed. Especially when it comes to TR.

Please note: The thread is from 11 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom