• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review BW097: The Reijuu Formes Advance! Isshu's Greatest Crisis!!

You know, while I thought this was a strong pair of episodes, and even better than the DP Plasma eps in some ways, I'm a bit surprised Ash and Giovanni didn't really talk to each other much......or at all really.

Not saying I wanted some long overblown speech about how evil a guy seemingly possessed by the Pokemon version of Satan is, but jeez Ash, tell your father you love him before he dies like Luke did!!!

Last edited:
You know, while I thought this was a strong pair of episodes, and even better than the DP Plasma eps in some ways, I'm a bit surprised Ash and Giovanni didn't really talk to each other much......or at all really.

Typo; you meant DP GALACTIC episodes. And Ash and Giovanni did have some exchanges when meeting each other in the forest and when Ash was captive inside the temple in the previous episode, and they had one exchange in this one where Ash yells at all of Team Rocket (Giovanni, the TRio, and Zager) to let Meloetta go, and Giovanni responds with basically "No. Legendary Beasts, come kill this kid!"

And then Pikachu blasts him with the giganto Electro Ball. God, that moment was pure awesomeness.

Jeshi said:
Someone stated before that this 3DS gift is a "farewell gift from Team Rocket". Not really. Because it really says that it's a "parting gift from Team Rocket who finished their mission in Isshu and came back to Kanto". They're just separated from the region, not the show. I guess they would stated blatantly that it's the end of Team Rocket in the anime if that was the case. After all, it was after the episode arleady.
Aren't you missing the most important part, which says that Team Rocket will definitely be back despite returning to Kanto?

I feel that this entire discussion has been rather silly.

Jeshi said:
Someone stated before that this 3DS gift is a "farewell gift from Team Rocket". Not really. Because it really says that it's a "parting gift from Team Rocket who finished their mission in Isshu and came back to Kanto". They're just separated from the region, not the show. I guess they would stated blatantly that it's the end of Team Rocket in the anime if that was the case. After all, it was after the episode arleady.
Aren't you missing the most important part, which says that Team Rocket will definitely be back despite returning to Kanto?

I feel that this entire discussion has been rather silly.
Oh, I doubt that counts for much. Characters in Pokémon always say shit like that and we never see them again. I do think (or maybe hope) they're eventually coming back, though.

Oh, I doubt that counts for much. Characters in Pokémon always say shit like that and we never see them again.
No, it is Ash who tells other characters that he will meet them again. When was the last time he did that, anyway? This time we have Team Rocket promising their fans that they will definitely be back. This is unprecedented, and it would be downright foolish if it were a misleading claim. After all, the writers already know what is going to happen until the end of the series.

This completely negates what the publications had said before the two-parter even aired.

Last edited:
Oh, I doubt that counts for much. Characters in Pokémon always say shit like that and we never see them again. I do think (or maybe hope) they're eventually coming back, though.

That was in the show. This happened outside of the show.

I seriously hope that's the case, then. I've been watching those three since I was around 4, I'd hate to never see them again in the anime, especially with such a lame farewell episode.

There is a big difference between the characters coming back (for a few occasional episodes in a later season, as so many other major characters have done), and the characters coming back (as full on main characters like they used to be, or supporting characters as they've been for most of Best Wishes).

There is a big difference between the characters coming back (for a few occasional episodes in a later season, as so many other major characters have done), and the characters coming back (as full on main characters like they used to be, or supporting characters as they've been for most of Best Wishes).
If they come back by the end of Best Wishes, then this wasn't their ending. No character has left the show only to be immediately promised (outside the show) to return later.

Last edited:
Ash isn't needed to be there in order for JJM to still be existant on the show.
He pretty much is. Any episode without Ash in it would be considered a special separate from the main show.

What do you call the chronicals then? They can do that if you're so interested in a bunch of villians that needed to be replaced years ago. Besides, Team Plasma being casted out of the entire BW series is why I'm mad with Team Rocket in the first place.

This episode felt rushed near the end. It only showed a fraction of a possible reason why Isshu froze over in BW2, and the legendary beasts being so easily controlled in the end had been pretty bad.

Though I'm quite amused to see that Team Rocket left for Kanto.

Ash's Phanpy DID return as a main character after being with Oak for the whole Hoenn!

Well , So much for Giovanni's death & The end of Team Rocket .
This episode wasn't anything year that !

I agree. It might have been better if they would have just died that way people wouldn't be asking for JJM to show up again. People need to realize that these guys are criminals and that if you mess with evil forces or try doing something wrong then there are consquences. No matter how much you love them, they might end up actually going to prisone one day or worse. What they can do is make JJM go follow their dreams and try to do something else before it's too late.

No, no, that's not quite correct! Cynthia's Garchomp was the only one who could keep the kami trio at bay, while Dragonite and the other Pokemon were being hit hard during the fight.

While that may have been true, there were numerous times during the fight when Garchomp was seen getting hit very hard as well. Garchomp barely did any better against the Therian pokemon than the others it fought alongside with.
Well, I haven't seen the episode itself yet but I did check the screenshots on filb.de, a site which usually has lots of screenshots taken at very short intervals. And apart from that one scene in which all the Pokemon get hit by that red beam of light, I didn't notice that Garchomp had any trouble whatsoever. After all, Garchomp was able to stop Palkia's attack in "A Battle Finale of Legend" and I think we may assume that Dialga and Palkia are stronger than the kami / therian trio.

But again, what move did Garchomp use when she was surrounded by that dragon head-like cloud?

I do think the real TR finale will be in Kanto. Characters have never been written off in the middle of a generation, which is why I kinda knew this wasn't going to be the end of them. We're likely going to see another Giovanni plot sometime in the summer of 2013 I bet.

That's a good idea and I hope this prediction comes true. Possibly if the conflict was brought back to Kanto we would also see the return of Botch, Cassidy, Domino, etc, etc. I would be happy with that kind of finale, as it would grant the organisation back its 15-year history if only for an episode or two, and maybe give that history some kind of true closure.

Is this likely, though? Only time will tell. ^_^

But still.. if this really was supposed to be TR's final showdown.. it's unbelievably ridiculous. Jessie, James, Meowth, Giovanni, and a bunch of new and yet undeveloped characters, so completely out of their depth in some strange new region with strange new Pokemon that they decide to pack up and head home after two episodes. You call that a finale?

Really that's the only evidence we've got to say that this ISN'T the finale.

Domino was far from a "standard" member as she was not only at Giovanni's right hand, but she talked back to him more than once and questioned his plans. So, given her loyalty to the boss yet prone to acting disagreeably toward him, it's highly likely she'd do the same in JJM's situation.

Yes

No, no, that's not quite correct! Cynthia's Garchomp was the only one who could keep the kami trio at bay, while Dragonite and the other Pokemon were being hit hard during the fight.

While that may have been true, there were numerous times during the fight when Garchomp was seen getting hit very hard as well. Garchomp barely did any better against the Therian pokemon than the others it fought alongside with.
Well, I haven't seen the episode itself yet but I did check the screenshots on filb.de, a site which usually has lots of screenshots taken at very short intervals. And apart from that one scene in which all the Pokemon get hit by that red beam of light, I didn't notice that Garchomp had any trouble whatsoever. After all, Garchomp was able to stop Palkia's attack in "A Battle Finale of Legend" and I think we may assume that Dialga and Palkia are stronger than the kami / therian trio.

But again, what move did Garchomp use when she was surrounded by that dragon head-like cloud?

you based garchomp holding the battle together and being the only one who kept the kami trio at bay on screenshots? XD since its not true at all! garchomp, unfezant, pansage and golurk played a basic role in the battle, hitting and getting hit, garchomp did absolutely nothing special, sadly. and i love garchomp, i am not biased against it! the only battling pokemon with special focus on it was dragonite, who had some particular bonding going on with iris. but cynthia and her garchomp played no important role in this episode, no more than iris or dento.

Please note: The thread is from 11 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom