• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review BW098:P The Most Magnificent Pokémon in the World!? Chillaccino VS Tsutarja!

Musashi

Clap Clap
Reaction score
The Most Magnificent Pokémon in the World?! Chillaccino VS Tsutarja!

Animation - Team Kato
Screenplay - Yukiyoshi Ōhashi
Storyboard - Fumihiro Yoshimura
Assistant director - Fumihiro Yoshimura
Animation director - Takashi Shinohara

This episode was a sound example of heterosexuality in Pokemon, yes.

I was going to say something like "wow it's nice that Pokemon is acknowledging lesbians again after like over a year but then I remembered Iris/Langley

Gotta say I loved the little nod towards previous dress-ups as shown in the background here.

This episode was hilarious. I didn't expect the crossdressing would take up the majority of the episode, so I was pleasantly surprised!

Also:
182.jpg

Ash ain't pleased.

He should look on the bright side - at least Brock wasn't there :'D

I was kinda disappointed that more antics did not ensue from the crossdressing. Also, Iris is better at using Snivy than Ash is.

I'll admit that I'm a bit of a sucker for 'OOOOOHohohoho!' ojou-sama characters, so I actually found this episode to be a lot of fun. Watching this kind of gave me the feeling that they may have missed out on something by not giving Iris a rival like this to get into verbal scraps with. It really would've made so much sense to have one of these types of characters vs. a jungle girl. Hell, they've even got the same voluminous hair!

I chuckled when Iris first does the laugh with such gusto, and has to nudge Ash and Dent to get them to play along. And then they get Emonga and Tsutarja in on the act later on! Perfect!
"EEEEEEHmomomomo!"

Funny episode...sort of. I was a little annoyed that Ash did diddly squat this episode, given the fact this episode starred HIS pokemon. He was going to battle, but Iris just had to be the one for w/e reason. I guess Snivy won't ever get any development beyond being the HBIC, and that's too bad. I was hoping we'd get maybe some kind of development for her by now, but w/e. Pansage was merely fodder of course.

Last edited:
This is one of those episodes that i would enjoy more once it's dubbed, anyways it was okay i guess.

So, some prima donnas criticize Emolga and Iris decides to crash their little soiree with Ash and Cilan in drag, resulting in balance-beam battles?
...Seems legit.

I was kinda disappointed that more antics did not ensue from the crossdressing. Also, Iris is better at using Snivy than Ash is.

No she isn't/ Snivy was always a good battler and Ash had handled Snivy just as well. But I find it weird that she can battle with someone else's Pokemon but not her own much. So I wouldn't worry about her getting lucky just this once.

So, no new move for Tsutarja? </3

So, some prima donnas criticize Emolga and Iris decides to crash their little soiree with Ash and Cilan in drag, resulting in balance-beam battles?
...Seems legit.
Quoted for lulz
Maybe Iris got jealous becuase she's a jungle gal XD

I haven't seen this episode or the last ten, frankly, but I saw the caps and summaries on tumblr and all I have to say is that this episode's purpose would have been achieved even if Dent and Satoshi weren't in drag.

And yet they were... writers wut u r imply??

Wait... did Satoshi have an open slot on his team today, or did he just decide that one of his Pokemon wasn't allowed to eat (I bet it was Gamagaru)?

As usual, I have placed my episode review in spoiler tags. Feel free to read it.
I guess Iris had to have an episode here since she won't be doing much during next week's episode.

Overall, the episode felt average. It was nice seeing Ash and Cilan in women's clothing. I also liked that the writers had brought back Oshawott and Pignite's feud; we really didn't get to see much of that ever since Tepig evolved, so it was nice to see it here, even if it only meant to serve as a plot device. I also liked that Cynthia told Ash and co. that Higaki City was close to Opelucid City, and that Iris reacted as if she really didn't want to go there at all.

The only complaints I've had with this episode were the characters that had starred in it and the characters who just stood on the sidelines and did nothing. Ash and Pikachu were present alongside Iris, Cilan, and the pokemon, yet they haven't done anything in the episode other than become excited or say phrases that almost gave away their true genders. Meanwhile, we've seen Iris and Cilan use some of their more overused partners (Emolga and Pansage) once more, which is even more arduous to watch considering that these pokemon battled in the episode and they kept using the same moves over and over again. There was just one element to the Cilan battle that I liked, and it was that there was sludge underneath the battlefield as well, which made it impossible for Pansage to effectively use its Dig.

And of course, the titular battle of the episode (Snivy vs. Cinccino), had both good and bad elements within it. Although it was nice that the writers gave Cinccino a proper episode in which it was featured in (as opposed to the cameo episodes that it had when it was used by a trainer in the WTJC), I didn't like seeing Cinccino get paired up against Snivy. I felt that Emolga should have been the one to stop Cinccino, considering that Emolga was the pokemon that the Flower Troupe had called "ugly" at the start of the episode.

Snivy was simply just standing there like all of the other pokemon had. Furthermore, Snivy is Ash's pokemon, so he should have been the one to use it to defeat Maya. The two battles at the end of the episode should have been Snivy vs. Roserade, and Emolga vs. Cinccino.

To add even more insult to injury, Snivy use the exact same moves that it had been using since its debut, and it never felt that Snivy truly struggled in this battle at all. Snivy effortlessly dodged most of Cinccino's attacks like it was nothing. There was hardly much strategy other than Iris ordering Snivy to attack head on with brute force. Even if Iris had only ordered Snivy to use its Leaf Storm to erase Cinccino's oil coating so it could not clean itself off after it got dirty and wet, the execution of this battle still felt like a copout to what might have turned out to be decent.

It was also not good to hear Iris arrogantly laughing every twenty seconds.

So yes, this episode wasn't the best filler, but we will get some better episodes during the next few weeks so I won't be complaining much more here.

Wait... did Satoshi have an open slot on his team today, or did he just decide that one of his Pokemon wasn't allowed to eat (I bet it was Gamagaru)?

Crustle, Stunfisk, Excadrill, and Dragonite also weren't called out for lunch during this episode. It feels oddly cruel that the writers just deliberately have the main characters feed some of their own pokemon while the other pokemon they have on them are starving in their Poke Balls. And this happens a lot in the anime, and especially in the BW series.

Last edited:
As usual, I have placed my episode review in spoiler tags. Feel free to read it.
I guess Iris had to have an episode here since she won't be doing much during next week's episode.

Overall, the episode felt average. It was nice seeing Ash and Cilan in women's clothing. I also liked that the writers had brought back Oshawott and Pignite's feud; we really didn't get to see much of that ever since Tepig evolved, so it was nice to see it here, even if it only meant to serve as a plot device. I also liked that Cynthia told Ash and co. that Higaki City was close to Opelucid City, and that Iris reacted as if she really didn't want to go there at all.

The only complaints I've had with this episode were the characters that had starred in it and the characters who just stood on the sidelines and did nothing. Ash and Pikachu were present alongside Iris, Cilan, and the pokemon, yet they haven't done anything in the episode other than become excited or say phrases that almost gave away their true genders. Meanwhile, we've seen Iris and Cilan use some of their more overused partners (Emolga and Pansage) once more, which is even more arduous to watch considering that these pokemon battled in the episode and they kept using the same moves over and over again. There was just one element to the Cilan battle that I liked, and it was that there was sludge underneath the battlefield as well, which made it impossible for Pansage to effectively use its Dig.

And of course, the titular battle of the episode (Snivy vs. Cinccino), had both good and bad elements within it. Although it was nice that the writers gave Cinccino a proper episode in which it was featured in (as opposed to the cameo episodes that it had when it was used by a trainer in the WTJC), I didn't like seeing Cinccino get paired up against Snivy. I felt that Emolga should have been the one to stop Cinccino, considering that Emolga was the pokemon that the Flower Troupe had called "ugly" at the start of the episode.

Snivy was simply just standing there like all of the other pokemon had. Furthermore, Snivy is Ash's pokemon, so he should have been the one to use it to defeat Maya. The two battles at the end of the episode should have been Snivy vs. Roserade, and Emolga vs. Cinccino.

To add even more insult to injury, Snivy use the exact same moves that it had been using since its debut, and it never felt that Snivy truly struggled in this battle at all. Snivy effortlessly dodged most of Cinccino's attacks like it was nothing. There was hardly much strategy other than Iris ordering Snivy to attack head on with brute force. Even if Iris had only ordered Snivy to use its Leaf Storm to erase Cinccino's oil coating so it could not clean itself off after it got dirty and wet, the execution of this battle still felt like a copout to what might have turned out to be decent.

It was also not good to hear Iris arrogantly laughing every twenty seconds.

So yes, this episode wasn't the best filler, but we will get some better episodes during the next few weeks so I won't be complaining much more here.

Crustle, Stunfisk, Excadrill, and Dragonite also weren't called out for lunch during this episode. It feels oddly cruel that the writers just deliberately have the main characters feed some of their own pokemon while the other pokemon they have on them are starving in their Poke Balls. And this happens a lot in the anime, and especially in the BW series.
Yeah, poor Excadrill, he didn't get to eat until Iris decided to tell Ash and Cilan about him XD

Anyway, fun episode, I loved when Iris nudged Ash and Cilan so they'd laugh too :p And I genuinely liked Iris in this episode!

Has Snivy lost to any Pokemon of the same sex this saga? I don't think she has lol. :p

This episode was Ok with me. I like the crossdressing because it funny to see Ash emabrassed about this crossdressing thing. i love that they made Pignite and Oshawott fight agian and that answers some of my questions from before this episode. Really I thought they going to be a Snivy and Emolga rivalary thing, but I saw them laughting together after they beat Maya. i love see both Snivy and Emolga dodging those move so gracely and awesomely. I love that Iris focused Ash and Clian to crossdress and they look faboo in them. Iris was the faboo in this episode and I love the hair. It like that it can hide food in there Lols. I don't have any problems with this episode and I'll give 6 faboo Iris' hair out of 10.

Decent ep, but I think it can best be summed, perhaps a bit offensively as...bitch problems.....bitch problems everywhere.

Please note: The thread is from 11 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom