• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review BW099: The Tag Battle of the Sky and the Earth!

They had arguably the best animation director in the show working on the parts involving Unfezant, so I can't understand what there is to complain about.

And what 'design flaws' exactly? It's pretty much just a pokemon-ised version of an actual bird, there's not exactly much they can screw up there.

They had arguably the best animation director in the show working on the parts involving Unfezant, so I can't understand what there is to complain about.

And what 'design flaws' exactly? It's pretty much just a pokemon-ised version of an actual bird, there's not exactly much they can screw up there.

Unfeazants beak was quite huge, looked so terrible IMO

An average episode because of continuous repetitions.. the tag battle was good and nice intro to braviary.. The twins repeat the same thing every 15sec in 1st half really frustrates.. and enough of pansage and bullet seed/solarbeam.. turn ur attention to sum other of cilan's pokes.. good practice for unfezant.. a cilan-centric ep.
Looking forward to next one being better to these eps :)

Dent, you disappoint me. Maggyo should've been used to allow Thunder Armor to make a glorious comeback.

I really liked the twins; they kind of reminded me of the twins from Sinnoh that Ash and Dawn battled against. Anyway, I liked that the battle was taken care of during the first half of the episodes as opposed to the last half. That was a refreshing change of pace. I was also impressed by the battle itself; I thought it was interesting that Drilbur and Pansage were taken up into the sky for the match. Also, the Corphish and Buizel cameos were cool. It was a great episode all around.

It was an Ok episode.

The only thing I was thing about when the brothers went over the top with their combines move were team rocket's old sleves when they were idiots. It got the annoying side really quick. I did like the combinition moves because I'm a DP fan and boy what awesome moves they pulled off in this episode. Rock Side with Fury Attack, Metal Claw with Aireal Ace, Dig with Brave Bird, Awesome! The Battle was ok as well.

Ash and Clian finally got a win as a tag team. And beat two guy that beat them genous. Unfezzent was good in this battle even tho she was carring Pansage it was still helping. I did want her to do more, but the sky fight made up it. What I mean be sky fight, Is with the two Pokemon twist and turn around in the air. I love the comb moves that was episode big point of me.

The middle part of this episode was boring and made me go to sleep. It was good to see Builez and Corhish agian, but it was to short. I laught at Ash pulling out his Poke'dex on the two Pokemon, but I'm ok with and we get new text favorer for them. I give this episode a 5/10. It was strong in the battle department but weak on the plot.

I was reminded of the champ twins episode from DP, naturally. I was rather surprised that Ash and Cilan won, since I was expecting a rematch later in the episode - only to find that the second half of the episode was about training or something or other - but doing something a little different is okay too.

Overall, not really a bad episode, IMO.

This is one of those episodes where the writers should had realized they can't stretch a plot like this for an entire 22 minutes.

I'm at the least glad they... ...erm... 'attempted' to give Ash and Cilan a little episode to call their own before ZOMG IRIS TIME, and that Unfezant actually got to do something. Maybe later she could fashion her feathers into a duster to clean off the cobwebs on Stunfisk's Pokeball.

So the mandatory new characters of the day are named Sora and Rikku? But that can't be right, they didn't have nearly enough zippers and belts on their clothes.

The Satoshi and Dent teamwork was just as great as always. The two were brilliant at quickly adapting to Soran's and Riku's battling style and beating the twins with it, Dent and Satoshi have an excellent compatibility with each another.

I loved Soran and Riku admiring Dent, especially when they kept embarrassing him by calling Dent their "super aniki".

Any fan of the AG and/or DP series should have felt insulted when Ash scanned those two pokemon. I've never felt this angry over watching a Pokemon episode since the middle of Johto.
Well then you don't have to fret as Satoshi recognized Buoysel and Heigani before he scanned them with his Pokédex.

I have to agree with you. I always liked how Cilan and Ash battled together.

This was a very dull and boring eppy. The twins really seemed like a carbon copy of the Hoenn gym leaders....

don't know why, but this eppy seemed rushed...

I feel like there was a chunk missing they spent too much time catch the water types I fail to see how that will make them better why couldn't they just have a better moveset. The twins were funny at times. This definitely was one the better BW boring at times but not infuriating.

A mixed episode if there ever was one. The first half was entertaining, the battle was definitely one of the more interesting of Best Wishes, I enjoyed seeing all the move combinations used by the twins and Braviary's anime debut, but the second half... Good Arceus, was it dull. It lost all direction and what could have been one of the best BW episodes petered out completely. The twins' motto got very repetitive as well.

Please note: The thread is from 11 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom