• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview BW100: Iris Returns to the Village of Dragons!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yawn, it looks like they want to make Iris as powerful as possible before she leaves the show. I wouldn't at all be suprised if she used her dragon senses to trick hydreigon into wanting to be captured as well.

I would be interested to learn more about the Village of Dragons; what kind of society it is, since it seems so disconnected from the rest of Unova. And I'd like to see more aspiring Dragon Masters, but I have a feeling any time that could be used to try and make this episode interesting by explaining this oh-so mystical place that makes the natives irresistible to trainers for a battle... it's gonna be squandered as we watch Iris flawlessly do her dragon-hearting for the umpteenth time, because she really needs the glorification after what's happened and all. Definitely.

I'm gonna do the smart thing and not get my hopes up.

I'm tired of Iris. Seems that she is getting more attention than Ash lately. Hope she gets the crap beat out of her by the elder. I mean lose big time. So badly she don't show her face for like 5 episodes. That would be perfect.

I can agree with you, it's like the writers have forgotten Ash is the main character of the anime, yet the writers seen to love Iris a lot for some reason.

Well, the focus on Iris might be to reflect her strength in games after 2 years...Iris is a child prodigy, after all. (there, nothing got spoiled, you can now patiently wait for B2W2 to come out!)

I'm gonna do the smart thing and not get my hopes up.

Same. Before I even start thinking about Souryuu/Opelucid City.

First of all, this talk of Gen. VI is ridiculous. V only started a year or two back.
Second of all, I hope Axew finally evolves (no, I do NOT care if it isn't going to be 'cute' anymore and therefore not a selling point), or at least gets a kinda sorta excusable reason for not evolving like Piplup. In that case, it'll suck, but at least we won't be left hanging.

Dear god, am I the only fan who likes Iris out here? How dare she see the hearts of dragons and win their trust easily! It's not like she's called "the girl who knows the hearts of dragons" or anything, geez louise. I know anime!Iris isn't quite like game!Iris, but I can't see why she's suddenly not allowed to have some focus on her. Focus on the female protagonist is why I loved DP so much, it's nice to have Ash take the sidelines every now and then.

But seriously, all this hate for poor Iris is so disgusting.

I'm definitely not watching these Iris episodes, unless they turn out to be really good. I've had enough of Iris all the time. Good thing the TR episodes and the pokemon league are coming up as well. I'm only interested in those.

Well I think the way this is gonna turn out is pretty obvious:

Returns to the village
Elder is disappointed Axew is still a weakling
Iris gets sad
Catches/Calms down rampaging Hydreigon
Elder instantly forgives her

Seriously, callin' it now.

Dear god, am I the only fan who likes Iris out here? How dare she see the hearts of dragons and win their trust easily! It's not like she's called "the girl who knows the hearts of dragons" or anything, geez louise. I know anime!Iris isn't quite like game!Iris, but I can't see why she's suddenly not allowed to have some focus on her. Focus on the female protagonist is why I loved DP so much, it's nice to have Ash take the sidelines every now and then.

But seriously, all this hate for poor Iris is so disgusting.

People are just worried she'll be glorified again, I don't think so though. The best Iris episodes were the ones about her past, like the Excadrill episodes and such.

Im going to join the group that's not going to get their hopes up about this episode. In a perfect world, the elder would scorn her for her disobedient Dragonite and her weakling Axew. But no, hopes set to low

That hydreigon is probably gonna fall into Iris' lap with little difficulty or effort.

That hydreigon is probably gonna fall into Iris' lap with little difficulty or effort.

No it won't. If anything I could see Iris leaving Dragonite with Drayden to train it, similar to Ash's Charizard.

but it doesn't really need training, it just needs to see Iris for the flawless dragon expert that she is and start listening to her

Awww ^^ Action Girl Iris is giving Hydreigon a hug <3333

Really can't wait for all of this stuff. Her episodes tend to be the best in the show. Drayden backstory would be nice as well.

This episode is just setting up the battle in the next episode. I'm not sure why you guys think there will be some self contained plot.

Moving away from the Sazandora talk, if the writers don't use this episode as an opportunity to finally debut Dihead (which is the final Generation V at this point yet to make an animated appearance, not counting Genesect) I won't be impressed.

I also would like it if Onondo make a 'real' appearance, since the others have been parts of dreams/flashbacks.

Because the bulbanews story said nothing about BW101. That's why.

This episode hadn't been revealed yet when the Bulbanews story went up. All we knew was this, Eeevees, and the league. That's all Pokemon Fan wanted to show us.

But since we now know of this episode's existence, it's obviously connected to the Iris/Shaga battle.

No it won't. If anything I could see Iris leaving Dragonite with Drayden to train it, similar to Ash's Charizard.

Iris' Dragonite (not just a generic one) is going to get a Pokémon Kid figure release in December, so I doubt it will be leaving the anime anytime this year.

Iris' parents, Drayden, and the Elder might be mad at her for not evolving Axew. Her pokemon friends: Pansear, Minccino, Panpour, Deerling, Pidove, and Sandile might either be at Drayden's gym under the care of Drayden, or at her house under the care of her parents, or just still in the wild. I doupt that Iris will leave. And we get to learn about Iris' backstory too.

Iris' parents, Drayden, and the Elder might be mad at her for not evolving Axew. Her pokemon friends: Pansear, Minccino, Panpour, Deerling, Pidove, and Sandile might either be at Drayden's gym under the care of Drayden, or at her house under the care of her parents, or just still in the wild. I doupt that Iris will leave. And we get to learn about Iris' backstory too.

I wouldnt really blame Iris for that. traveling with ash seems to have the effect of retarding the evolutionary process. If you want an example of why this is true just look at may. IF she was still a MC I doubt even by now she'd have an ivysaur.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom