• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review BW102: Team Eievui Moves Out! Pokémon Rescue Team!!

Reaction score
Team Eievui Moves Out! Pokémon Rescue Team!!

Screenplay : Shōji Yonemura
Storyboard : Yūji Asada
Assistant director: Takenori Kawada
Animation director: Masaaki Iwane

Eh, for as much promotion as the Eevees got, I was thinking we'd see them a lot more in this episode?

They were cute and all, but they didn't really...do much.

Virgil is a really adorable cool character and Eevee was simply adorable, but the rest of the episode didn't stood out for me.

I liked the Eeveelution's screentime though.

What was that that Eevee did to Flareon? Helping Hand?

Didn't see as many intresting moves as I would have liked, only Helping Hand and Flash were a move fresh to best wishes, if we don't get to see Trump card or Last Resort while Virgils on the scene, I'll be an unhappy bunny

Ash scanned nine Pokémon in this episode but none of them said a single word about the Mareep herd :<
attachment.php

Anyway, I personally think that everyone got equal amount of screentime, except for Leafeon. Didn't really care for it either, I just wanted to see Umbreon in action.

Attachments

• Mareep 102.png
    Mareep 102.png
    226 KB · Views: 2,238
Last edited:
I would love it if Virgil used ampharos in the league. After all while he could enter with only eevees he does have a ranchful of other pokemon. Also is this the equivalent of flocessey ranch in the games?

So this new guy is mature, has a cute "favorite" Pokemon, has apparently no personality quirks or flaws... and oh crap, he folds his arms firmly.

Ash is going to be SO clobbered by this guy in the league.

So this new guy is mature, has a cute "favorite" Pokemon, has apparently no personality quirks or flaws... and oh crap, he folds his arms firmly.

Ash is going to be SO clobbered by this guy in the league.

Haha, got that right! Always good to see a mature trainer in the anime but that only spells disaster for Ash or one of his crew that is entering the same tournament as them.

As for "cute", favorite or signature Pokemon let's go back down the playbook shall we?

-Tyson's Meowth a.k.a. Puss in Boots; final match of battle with Ash against his Pikachu and wins (barely but wins)

-Zoey's Glameow (strange how cats are a signature Pokemon right) beat Dawn in the GF and her contest debut

-Drew's Roselia; in all 4 battles that May has had against it this power flower has never lost before to her Pokemon and knocked her out of the Hoenn GF (with Flygon) and her first contest debut

-Gary's Eevee; beat Pikachu in Gary's first battle with Ash and evolved into a powerful Umberon who's only onscreen loss was to Team Galatic's Toxicroak

and the list goes on...

(In the narrator's voice); "Things aren't looking too well for our young hero from Pallet..."

Did anyone notice Glaceon when Ash was scanning her on his Pokédex the dark blue tips of her legs were missing uhh goes to show how much attention to detail they pay.

Did anyone notice Glaceon when Ash was scanning her on his Pokédex the dark blue tips of her legs were missing uhh goes to show how much attention to detail they pay.

... That is an incredibly minor error of the sort that is made very often in animated shows in general. I don't know why you're getting bitter about it.

Don't forget Ritchie's Pikachu!

Haha, true I didn't want to list that many Pokemon and besides I didn't put it on the list because technically speaking it did "beat" Charizard ONLY because it was disqualified for not wanting to battle and opted to sleep instead. Honestly, we all know that it was going to be beaten if Charizard had landed a single Flamethrower.

Very nice episode to be realistic. Excellent showcase of Eevee and its evolutionary partners. I liked the part where Eevee has participated and liked more in which eevee was waving its ears like wings.. very adorable:):) love the animation. most importantly its explained why virgil had more than 6 pokes. When in his ranch he had more than 6, but when he came to dam for the rescue mission he had only 6(eevee,vaporeon,flareon,jolteon,umbreon nd glaceon).. its like when Ash is at oak's lab.. but stil questions remain on how Virgil wil manage to use his pokes in the league also the fact that Ash knows what pokes he wil try to bring in the league but on other hand virgil doesnt know more of Ash's pokes.

Last edited:
Please note: The thread is from 11 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom