• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview BW103: "Opening of the Isshu League Higaki Conference!"

Status
Not open for further replies.
People are seeing all sorts of opponents from the Don Battles here too.

So, there are 128 trainers participating?

128 --> 64 --> 32 --> 16 --> 8 --> 4 --> 2

If the writers were to follow this schedule, Ash would either get to battle in 6 or 7 battles, depending if he makes it to the final or just the semi-final. I guess there's a possibility for him to place lower, but that's highly slim.

Please writers, don't sabotage this like what you did with the Sinnoh League. >:

EDIT: Oh! I see three trainers that we've seen before! Dino, Flora, Katharine and that guy from the World Cup who used Heatmor.

EDIT 2: Oh, and there's Anthonio too! I was totally rooting for him during the Club Battle Tournament, I hope he gets his revenge against Dino. :>

Oh God, I keep finding old CoTDs. Just found that guy who battled Dawn with Stoutland in the World Cup.

Last edited:
It makes me wonder if they did this before but we never noticed because the saga was so long.

You'd think that they'd give Katharine a somewhat significant role too, as she actually got a whole episode to herself, and that's pretty much equal to what Virgil gets before the league.

Oh, and I think I just found the guy who used Scolipede in the Club Battle and lost to Anthonio. Not sure though.

I really hope we get to see Antonio's other Pokemon. We know he has at least one more Pokemon we haven't seen.

While I'm thinking about it, here are other pokes we need to look out for in the league:

Zoroark, Klang, Eelektrik, and Liepard.

It's pretty neat how they're bringing back all these random COTDs and background characters, but I'm not expecting them to do much of anything. Here's hoping Akkie, Bakkie and Chakkie get cameos as well.

I had a feeling they'd do this somhow, I'm hopping to see Jimmy Ray, Shamus and the triplets from the Clubsplosion as well

Wow all these past Tournament COTDs and what not are to make an appearance in this league? Man I hope Edmond the Rain Man makes it here he was the coolest of em all. Emo at first then goin Uber Swift Swim mode when it rains, plus he seems to have the ability to activate Drizzle whenever he goes into battle, how cool is that.

It's nice to know that the writers did not forget about characters from the Club Battle and Clubsplosion (Dino, Antonio, Flora) and certain recurring characters out to collect badges like Katharine. It's still a shame that they chose to include the least interesting characters from those tournament arcs when we had the likes of Seamus, Angus/Getty/Betty, and Montgomery. It makes me a bit upset that the writers choose to have Ash eliminate Trip first when we have all of these recurring characters that could potentially get paired up to battle the major characters.

Wish Edmund was brought back :( But still, awesome that they did this. Will Rikio actually talk this time?

Holy... I think I see Jeffery from the DP series. The third person in the third to last row. Could just be a look-a-like though.

jeffery.png

I'll let you decide.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom