• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview BW103: "Opening of the Isshu League Higaki Conference!"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Between Kotetsu using Sazandora, Virgil and his Eeveelutions and the TRio returning to probably crash the league, i think Ash's chances of winning the league just flew out the window.

I don't think Hydreigon is likely belong to any of Ash's known league rivals, rather it most likely belongs to...
A)Some random COTD who Ash or one of his league rivals will easily beat, or...
Why would a random COTD own Hydreigon when it could be given to Kotetsu?

B)The Tobias-like league rival, assuming there is one in this league, who will inevitably beat Ash and win the league, possibly beating Virgil in the finals.
There is nothing that alludes to another Tobias-like rival. Virgil is the one that fits the description.

For One, none of Ash's league rivals save Virgil would be worthy using a Hydreigon and two Virgil can't own a Hydreigon because his enitire lineup only consists of Eevee and its evos. Plus there is no concrete proof Kotetsu owns a Hydreigon whatsoever. I think that if a Tobias-like rival would be unlikely at this point of speculation then Hydreigon will be owned by a COTD where it will be defeated rather easily by Ash or one of his rivals, possibly Virgil.

EDIT:Oh and also when I say Tobias-like rival, im talking someone who doesn't interact with Ash at all until thier fated battle, much less meet him beofre the league.

if there is a hydreigon, i'm quite certain kotetsu owns him. and if ash ever goes up against one, i think his only hope of beating it is by using infernape/ heracross/ snorlax

and a person ash hasent met but ends up fighting is actually quite likely with all the rivals put up against each other so soon. for all we know the quater finals/ semi finals will involve ash and such a person
Uhh, hate to break it to ya but Kotetsu's strongest Pokemon has been shown to be Samurott, which most likely eliminates him as a possible candidate to own the Hydreigon. In fact, I would like to think that Bianca or Stephan would be more likely than Kotetsu to own it but they get eliminated rather early so it can't be them either. All signs point to a random or recurring COTD to own it or an actual Tobias-like Rival who shows up only to battle and beat Ash. The more time passes, the more I think it's a COTD that owns the Hydreigon even though I would like a Tobias-like rival to show up with it and curbstomp Ash's Unova team and win the league.

well, bw 107 Satoshi Vs Kotetsu! Secret Weapon Sazandra

seems even more likely kotetsu owns it now...
What about BW 106 ????
Between Kotetsu using Sazandora, Virgil and his Eeveelutions and the TRio returning to probably crash the league, i think Ash's chances of winning the league just flew out the window.
Ha Ha Ha ,
Did Ash even had a chance ???

I don't think Team Rocket will return to Unova, let alone crash the league. I suspect they'll have a short scene alluding to a future plot in Kanto; there has to be a reason why they left Unova.

What about BW 106 ????
BW106: Dageki Appears! Satoshi VS Kenyan!!

I'll update the first post of the BW106/107 thread with the titles.

Ha Ha Ha ,
Did Ash even had a chance ???[/QUOTE]
I think he actually has a good chance. I doubt they'd introduce a rival who Ash doesn't even battle (Virgil.) And Ash has been known to work his way out of tough spots before.

I doubt they'd introduce a rival who Ash doesn't even battle (Virgil.) And Ash has been known to work his way out of tough spots before.
Yep. But I have little doubt that Virgil will be a bigger threat than Kotetsu will be. Considering that the writers kept Hydreigon a surprise, I have a good feeling that Virgil has something hidden up his sleeves (involving Eevee).

Half the fun is guessing wildly during speculation and finding out your prediction somehow came true.
It wasn't wild speculation. It made more sense than either of your predictions did, quite frankly.

Well to be frank there was nothing that pointed to Kotetsu owning the Hydreigon. Even if my predictions were faultier, yours didn't make much more sense.

Anywho, clearly something is amiss. With Team Rocket Trio supposedly returning, Virgil with all the eevee lutions as well as eevee itself, and Kotetsu owning a Hydreigon, something just doesn't feel right. Now I personally think Ash will beat anyone but Virgil in this league no matter how strong the Pokemon they used(even if one of his rivals or a COTD pulled out a Legenday Pokemon)no matter what they have, but wait my previous prediction was wrong so I can't be so sure. Anyway, this league just took a turn for the mundane, either Ash will lose to a DEM Kotetsu wielding with Hydreigon the final stop or Ash will lose against Virgil.

I am severly hoping Ash loses to Virgil at this point and in my opinion that will be the most likely thing to happen. I still don't have any idea what Team Rocket supposedly returning means at this point or what not,so I am not concerned for them at this point in time.

I doubt they'd introduce a rival who Ash doesn't even battle (Virgil.) And Ash has been known to work his way out of tough spots before.
Yep. But I have little doubt that Virgil will be a bigger threat than Kotetsu will be. Considering that the writers kept Hydreigon a surprise, I have a good feeling that Virgil has something hidden up his sleeves (involving Eevee).
It's actually hard to believe that Ash will lose to a Eeveelution team after winning against a Samurott and an Hydreigon. Unless he borrows some Pokémons from his brother, I have no clues about how Virgil can appear as such threat.

Samurott is going to be the tough Pokemon to beat in this tournment

Let's see

Spr_5b_025_f.png
Spr_5b_542.png
Spr_5b_499.png
Spr_5b_553.png
Spr_5b_525.png
Spr_5b_536.png
Spr_5b_521_f.png

Is this team better or worst then Ash's Hoenn League team ???
Because Ash should do better then ''Top 8'' if this team is better then Ash's Hoenn League team.
But again Roxie crush this team with just 3 Pokemon.
Hopefully they got major upgrade in the training at Cynthia's villa rather then having just Cutesy Adventure for little girl.

I'd be shocked if there wasn't at least one evolution. If not in battle, then the Kibago episode.

Let's see

Spr_5b_025_f.png
Spr_5b_542.png
Spr_5b_499.png
Spr_5b_553.png
Spr_5b_525.png
Spr_5b_536.png
Spr_5b_521_f.png

Because Ash should do better then ''Top 8'' if this team is better then Ash's Hoenn League team.
But again Roxie crush this team with just 3 Pokemon.
Hopefully they got major upgrade in the training at Cynthia's villa rather then having just Cutesy Adventure for little girl.

imo, hoen team was better overall, buy quite a long shot... only good pkm ash as now is krookoile. baybe leavany if she manages to learn some good moves other than the x scizzor

cause glalie, torkoal, swellow those just seems mroe powerful than boldore, palpitoad and pignite...

I'd be shocked if there wasn't at least one evolution. If not in battle, then the Kibago episode.

i think the most likely likely pkm to evolve would be riolu or palpitoad, just have some gut feeling

Last edited:
Let's see

Spr_5b_025_f.png
Spr_5b_542.png
Spr_5b_499.png
Spr_5b_553.png
Spr_5b_525.png
Spr_5b_536.png
Spr_5b_521_f.png

Where was it confirmed that Unfezant and Boldore were going to be used?

Right now, the only pokemon that are confirmed to participate in the league are:
Pikachu- Top 128 (Trip)
Palpitoad, Krookodile, Leavanny- Top 64 or 32 (Stephan)
Pignite- Top 16 (Kotetsu)

I'm expecting all of Ash's Unova reserves to be used here, but there is no confirmation on Unfezant or Boldore as of yet.

Let's see

Spr_5b_025_f.png
Spr_5b_542.png
Spr_5b_499.png
Spr_5b_553.png
Spr_5b_525.png
Spr_5b_536.png
Spr_5b_521_f.png

Right now, the only pokemon that are confirmed to participate in the league are:
Pikachu- Top 128 (Trip)

I'm expecting all of Ash's Unova reserves to be used here, but there is no confirmation on Unfezant or Boldore as of yet.

I think he was just listing his strongest lol.

Let's see

Spr_5b_025_f.png
Spr_5b_542.png
Spr_5b_499.png
Spr_5b_553.png
Spr_5b_525.png
Spr_5b_536.png
Spr_5b_521_f.png

Pikachu- Top 128 (Trip)

well, we all can probably guess all 9 will be used somewhere, which lowers the likelihood of ash using old pkm... which are way stronger than his current team. pignite doesnt even know a single fighting type move! so much for a fighting type... but who know, heracross only used his 1st fighting type atk in the Lilly of the valley conference

Let's see

Spr_5b_025_f.png
Spr_5b_542.png
Spr_5b_499.png
Spr_5b_553.png
Spr_5b_525.png
Spr_5b_536.png
Spr_5b_521_f.png

Pikachu- Top 128 (Trip)

well, we all can probably guess all 9 will be used somewhere, which lowers the likelihood of ash using old pkm... which are way stronger than his current team. pignite doesnt even know a single fighting type move! so much for a fighting type... but who know, heracross only used his 1st fighting type atk in the Lilly of the valley conference

There is always Scraggy(LOL!!!) for a fighting type.

They will most likely all get used although I hope to god some more then others.

His unova team atm I would say is third behind his Johto and Sinnoh pokemon league roster.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom