• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview BW103: "Opening of the Isshu League Higaki Conference!"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lol, Satoshi vs Shooti will not be first. It's just a promo shot, and there's no way Satoshi will ever lose in round 1.

Why do you think it represents the league rather than the episode itself?

well it IS the rivary of the BW series so that would be why i mean what did you expect that the fight that reprecents the league is kotetsu vs stephan or what???

Lol, Satoshi vs Shooti will not be first. It's just a promo shot, and there's no way Satoshi will ever lose in round 1.

well it IS the rivary of the BW series so that would be why i mean what did you expect that the fight that reprecents the league is kotetsu vs stephan or what???
I still don't see how that's concrete on it solely representing the league itself rather than the episode when the Shaga and Eevee eps had pictures to represents themselves. Why do you think the picture represents the league rather than the episode? I'm not denying, just asking why.

Because it looks more like a thought process than a battle. I bet the other 4 rivals will have simlar unshown screens.
You're assuming though, true it could be a thought process or flashback-y type thing but you can't state for fact it represents the league as a whole or Satoshi VS. Shooti won't be round 1. It could be a practice battle, we don't know.

Because it looks more like a thought process than a battle. I bet the other 4 rivals will have simlar unshown screens.
You're assuming though, true it could be a thought process or flashback-y type thing but you can't state for fact it represents the league as a whole or Satoshi VS. Shooti won't be round 1. It could be a practice battle, we don't know.

Ash and Trip are not battling in the first round of the tournament, it is ridiculous that they would get the most important rivalry done first.

Ash and Trip are not battling in the first round of the tournament, it is ridiculous that they would get the most important rivalry done first.
I didn't say they were, I was asking why specifically pokemonsquared knew the pic represented the league overall. I don't think it's likely Satoshi and Shooti will battle round either, I just wanna know why he thought the pic represented the league overall.

Also, you don't know, Scott.

Champion League ain't happening.

See? I can make baseless statements too. :p

Huh, it is strange that the episode pictures all correspond to the episode, and then we see Pikachu vs Serperior with this title.

Maybe it's a practice battle or something, that or they're getting this train wreck of a "rivalry" over with and put it out of it's misery early.

Could you imagine ash losing in the first round? i would love to see it, just to see the reaction.

I still don't see how that's concrete on it solely representing the league itself rather than the episode when the Shaga and Eevee eps had pictures to represents themselves. Why do you think the picture represents the league rather than the episode? I'm not denying, just asking why.

because that rivaly would be the important rivaly in the league like gary and paul, and about the other two the title says for itself so they just put there picture

I like this pacing, actually. It reminds me sort of a slightly faster version of Hoenn, being that we might get another season extending into 2012 (like BF did). To be honest, Sinnoh's League was awesomely entertaining and worth the wait...but still, it was an extremely LONG and impatient wait!

I can't wait to watch this one, though. I'm honestly stumped on what to predict.

Maybe that pic of Serperior and Pikachu is from the 1st ep, but it could either be a practise thing, which I find unlikely, or a sort of points battle. Maybe the firsts rounds are about getting points to move forward in to the finals. Id like to see a league structured that way. Have a bunch of battles gathering points, then the top 16 or top 8 or whatever move on to the finals and they duke it in 6 v 6 matches, eliminating each other and then someone wins. Boom

I highly doubt they'll have the "super Important" (sigh) rival match this early in the tournament. That would just be stupid

But hey, best wishes has been very stupid when it comes to tournaments sooo......

My tip is that's the start of Ash's second or third league battle, depending on how much of the preliminaries they rush through at the start, with the end of it to happen in BW104. And as such I do think it is Trip and this is their one and only battle.

They made a big deal out of Trip winning the Junior Cup, so of course his match is going to be saved for the end of the tournament.

They made a big deal out of Trip winning the Junior Cup, so of course his match is going to be saved for the end of the tournament.
They made a big deal about Paul throughout the DP series, and yet his match in the league wasn't the last one. Your logic is flawed.

They made a big deal about Paul throughout the DP series, and yet his match in the league wasn't the last one. Your logic is flawed.

I'd like to think he get SOME major accomplishment in this saga. I mean the writers....for w/e reason haven't allowed him to win ANYTHING major this saga. I really don't know what their deal is. Either they are just tired of him, and favor other characters or they are saving it for something.

Last edited:
This has been a very poor series, so in a sense i can't wait for it to be over. Even before best wishes began, i did not expect Ash to win the unova league, but i did expect him to improve and add a few pokemon that will help his overall team.

Most of his new pokemon however do not stand out from the previous ones in anyway. Unfezant is a generic flying type that is inferior to his other three flying types. It doesn't have the power of Staraptor, the experience of Swellow or the psychic like characteristics of Noctowl. It is a completely useless and boring addition to his team. Pignite is an Infernape knockoff but it will never be as good. Oshawott either needs to evolve or learn atleast a couple of good moves. Boldore is too slow and not the type of pokemon whose battling style suits Ash.

In short, he has too many pokemon and not a single truly outstanding addition this reigion. He has been given a newbie for a rival. My biggest problem is how he won his last gym badge vs Roxie. This is his 40th gym battle (outside of orange islands) and yet he needed twice as many pokemon to beat Roxie. It shows you how far he has gone down since Sinnoh

I am hoping the decline is only temporary. I want this league over with since i find his unova team underwhelming. I am hoping some of the reserves are called during the league and some afterwards. All i want to see is Ash going back to fighting worthy trainers and defeating them- like Brandon, Paul etc.

It is rather obvious Stephen or Kotetsu will be the first ones knocked out. Bianca may go a little further to show that she improved.

Virigil will probably be the first 6 on 6 battle to give as many as the Eevee forms battles as possible. Then finally Trip

I hope that all the rivals get a chance for a 6v6, especially the two new ones and Bianca. I reckon that the top eight's going to look like:

Ash
Kotetsu
Bianca
Random
Trip
Random
Virgil

I don't think that Virgil's going to be styled as Ash's rival, but more as just a rival in general. Kotetsu needs to battle Ash. Bianca's advertisment mentioned her dreams being stopped. This could be a reference to Trip possibly, but she's going far.

Bianca's advertisment mentioned her dreams being stopped. This could be a reference to Trip possibly, but she's going far.
Actually, the magazine said nothing about Bianca's dream coming to an end. The quote is: "Before you notice it, she wins with unexpected strength! Once she is on a roll, her dream of conquering the League comes within reach!"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom