• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview BW103: "Opening of the Isshu League Higaki Conference!"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
BW103.png

Airdate - November 22, 2012.

Last edited:
Re: BW103?:Unsure

Isshu League is starting as expected.

Re: BW103?:Unsure

Please no one on one prelims please no one on one prelims

Man it doesn't feel that long ago the Sinnoh league was airing, and here we are at another league already. I guess Best Wishes really WAS faster paced, (har har!)

Man it doesn't feel that long ago the Sinnoh league was airing, and here we are at another league already. I guess Best Wishes really WAS faster paced, (har har!)

Well Ash just whipped through the gyms, surprisingly. But then again, no contest episodes in this series.

So it's staring, not excited for this league at all considering how bad the majority of the battles have been this saga. Maybe the writers will surprise me. Probably not

So it's staring, not excited for this league at all considering how bad the majority of the battles have been this saga. Maybe the writers will surprise me. Probably not

At least we know he can't lose to Trip again, lol.

At least we know he can't lose to Trip again, lol.

He should have never had to play "catch-up" to a trainer just starting out. Period.

Also, Ash's team still feels so underdeveloped, they just gave him too many Pokemon this season. Some of them don't even have a full moveset. Pignite still has "Tackle" lol.

I'm just glad this league is starting soon and will be over with. One step closer to the end of this trainwreck of a saga.

Last edited:
Yea I just can't get excited about this league. The only reason I have to look forward to this is so we can get it out of the way and see what the gang will do next. The least I can ask for is a semi decent 6 v 6 battle with some believability. please writers?

Ash's team still feels so underdeveloped, they just gave him too many Pokemon this season. Some of them don't even have a full moveset. Pignite still has "Tackle" lol...

Him having tackle is not Krookodile's nor Boldore's fault because him having a unexplained other move would be legit.

Ash's team still feels so underdeveloped, they just gave him too many Pokemon this season. Some of them don't even have a full moveset. Pignite still has "Tackle" lol...

Him having tackle is not Krookodile's nor Boldore's fault because him having a unexplained other move would be legit.

I really don't think they were blaming Ash's other pokes for someone's shoddy move set lol. More just pointing out that Ash's team is very underdeveloped. And I have to agree. Only Pikachu, Krookodile and Boldore have decent move sets, Oshawott, Pignite and Leavanney still know tackle, and Palpitoad has yet to reveal a 4th move.

On another note, im curious to see how this tournament is going to be laid out. If you lose a match your out like in Sinnoh? a sort of points thing to qualify for the Finals like in Johto? Or something completely different. Gut says it'll just be elimination rounds like every other tournament we've seen so far in best wishes

Please! PLEASE!! PLEASE!! let ash use his reserves.

I've always enjoyed watching the League episodes, but I just can't get as excited for this one as I have in series' past. Even if Satoshi finally beats Shooti in the League, it just doesn't feel as intense as it did when he battled Shinji.

I hope there's no magical trainer with a bunch of legendaries, either. :/

But, I am excited to see what Pokemon Satoshi will choose to go with and what kind of challengers he'll face. Hope the battles are exciting, at least.

Even though it's unlikely gonna happen i seriously hope Satoshi will use his reserves, his BW team doesn't seem to be developed enough for a league tournament even his AG team was more developed by the time the Hōen league began compared to his BW team.

Personally, I'm not gonna keep my hopes up, considering how the last three tournaments in this saga went, I fear this one will go the same way and feel more like a Don Battle tournament than a League tournament. Like many people here, I think Ash's team is too underdeveloped for a tournament, and while it's true Sinnoh was very slow paced, it gave Ash time to develop his team, here they barely give any development to the teams of anyone, and the story is too fast paced to develop. It's unlikely that Ash will use his reserves in the tournament due to how many Pokemon he caught, but even then, the reserves would be the only way to save Ash from losing early in the tournament, especially if it is a 6x6 tournament and not a 1x1 tournament like the previous tournaments were.

Of all Ash's current Pokemon, save for Pikachu, only Krookodile and Boldore have decent movesets and are by far the most developed, as for the rest of the team, Oshawott, Leavanny, and Pignite all still know Tackle, Palpitoad only has three moves, and Scraggy, Snivy, and Unfezant are borderline non-existant. Compare that to his Sinnoh team, save for Gible, which the writers gave time to actually develop (say what you want about Ash's Torterra, he's far more developed than 90% of his Unova team), and had his Buizel evolved to Floatzel, it would have been Ash's most powerful team in the series next to his Battle Frontier team.

As for the tournament itself, I personally hope Ash wins against Trip and Kotetsu, but I have no idea against Virgil considering the implications of his team (all Eeveelutions as we can tell so far), and given the current promotion of Eevee products going on, it's possible that they're trying to introduce a new Eeveelution or two to appear in Gen 6, and then have Ash lose to Virgil against this new Eevee in order to promote these Eevee products and the 6th Gen. Regardless if Ash wins or loses the tournament, it will hopefully be a step closer to bringing an end to the train-wreck that is Best Wishes, and pave the path to a hopefully better Gen 6 saga.

Last edited:
Even though it's unlikely gonna happen i seriously hope Satoshi will use his reserves, his BW team doesn't seem to be developed enough for a league tournament even his AG team was more developed by the time the Hōen league began compared to his BW team.

He likely won't because only his Unova team is featured in the league stadium in the opening.

His BW team doesn't seem to be developed enough for a league tournament even his AG team was more developed by the time the Hōen league began compared to his BW team.

Most of Ash's pokemon on this team either had a lot of battles under their belt or are fully evolved to make up for their relative lack of screentime. That's a lot compared to how much his Hoenn team was developed when it competed in the Ever Grande Conference (Glalie evolved only a few episodes before, and Corphish and Torkoal didn't learn any new attacks since they were caught).

So, we're finally at the Isshu League. I hope Satoshi will use some of his older Pokémon here. *prays that it won't be the overrated Lizardon*

I hope to see Ash's old pokes in this episode since its the league starting there is a chance that Ash would re-group his team and plan how to progress in the league or atleast train them and to know if they have learnt any new moves.. It doesnt matter his team is fully present/absent in league opening. But even the last pokemon fan would like to see Ash's Bulbasaur,Charizard,Glalie,Infernape to provide some hope that he would progress to the round of 16. As everyone here mentioned his team is neither fully evolved nor has full moveset to counter his rivals. Its best to hope we see his good old pokemon :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom