• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview BW103: "Opening of the Isshu League Higaki Conference!"

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Ash's biggest threat are fully evolved starters and Eevee forms he should win.

Also notice how not one of the Eevee forms is promoted over the others, so there is no alpha pokemon that will take center stage.

What makes you think ash's current team is even strong enough to defeat these eevee's? remember it took 3 of them just to defeat a koffing...

I think your placing to much stock in ash's current team.

Swear to god, if that Jolteon has fuckin shadow ball......

That's a problem with the Eeveelutions in general; they have pretty limited move pools in terms of what's viable creating pretty bland movesets when they appear.

What Jolteon are you guy talking about

One of Virgil's, an upcoming league rival, Eeveelutions (he has all 7 plus the base level fox).

I'm hoping Birgil uses the power of Baton pass to outsmart Ash.

For each eeveelution he should have

STAB move
Coverage Move
BP
Boost move.

Looks like it's just a one on one match from the new scans.

And my hopes for this tournament just came crashing down...

One-on-ones again? What happened to three-on-threes?

I wouldn't be surprised if the final match of this league becomes just a 3-on-3 battle rather than a 6-on-6 though I hope that isn't the case.

Yeah, having one-on-one matches seems pretty weak, especially when all of the other tournaments in this series have been full of one-on-one matches and that would make the Unova League look even less interesting if it wasn't any different from the setups previous tournaments. I could understand this if this was like those qualifying rounds for the later stages of the League, although I'm not sure if that's the case here. On the bright side, it still gets rid of the supposed rivalry right off the bat, so there's at least that.

The Shinou league was so rushed it may as well have been one on one battles.

These first few episodes are never that exciting anyway since we know Satoshi advances. Whatever moves things along faster.

Ash vs. Trip. Two-episode battle. One pokemon each.

Either Pikachu vs. Serperior will be a thirty to forty minute match, or something is off here.

Either Pikachu vs. Serperior will be a thirty to forty minute match, or something is off here.

Probably in Ep 1 the match begins in the last few minutes and ends by the first half of the second. Then ___vs Emboar. Judging from the magazine scans with all the attention the eeveelutions are getting I would not be suprised if Virgil and his eeveelutions is the only full battle in the league assuming they don't pull another trollbias.

I'm assuming for now that this is a preliminary round and that just like it had been done for the Johto and Hoenn League Conferences, there will be a series of 1-on-1 elimination battles. And it just so happens that the writers want Ash to defeat Trip during the first of these elimination battles.

Probably in Ep 1 the match begins in the last few minutes and ends by the first half of the second. Then ___vs Emboar. Judging from the magazine scans with all the attention the eeveelutions are getting I would not be suprised if Virgil and his eeveelutions is the only full battle in the league assuming they don't pull another trollbias.

Yes, I could expect the battle to take place during the last few minutes of this episode and then it will resolve during the first few minutes of the next episode, just as most of the battles in the Club Battle and Clubsplosion were handled.

But the battle starts in this episode.
That is not the point. Does the text imply that the battle will not only end but also begin with Pikachu and Serperior? If not, the manga may very well just be focusing on the last part of the battle. These adaptations always skip chunks of battles just to get to the end.

Looks like it's just a one on one match from the new scans.
1x1? Meh. Now the chances of the Unova League starts with groups, rather than death-matches, is higher. Even so, it didn't boost my hopes for this league.

But it also could mean how Shooti only invested his trains and everything with Serperior, and only with Serperior. We don't know how Frillish, Vanillish and Lampent are doing, but the Timburr tree didn't win a single match.

Nah. The episode will likely end with both trainers staring at each other, then the battle starts at the following episode.

-edit-

Wow, nevermind about the group and deatch-match stuffs. Guess I'm wrong. :T

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom