• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview BW103: "Opening of the Isshu League Higaki Conference!"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Didn't one of those early league advertisements say something like, "Bianca has gotten much more powerful, she will go far!" or something like that?

What the hell was the point in saying that if Bianca loses as early as the second round? And not even to Ash no less?

The magazine scans usually have retarded info.

She has come a long way though, she was an awful trainer now she is decent, still not good but decent.

Hehe, I just randomly said that Kotesu and Bianca should battle, and here we are. :"D

It really looks like Virgil will win this tournament. These battles looks interesting, which is a good comeback for what appeared to be a terrible league for BW2. I hope there won't be as much stock animation.

Well, by seeing the previews I think the animation is going to be awesome.

Also, I bet Ash won't use his pre-BW pokémons until the full battles, which would be a good move, because there will be needed experienced and powerhouse pokés. Not downgrading Krookodile and the others, but we (and Ash) know what a Blazed Infernape is capable of :T

So Stephan gets a 3-on-3 battle, but Trip and presumably Bianca don't? *Slams head into desk*
Not a big fan of Palpitoad vs. Zebstrika. This was something that we had already seen before with Ash and Elesa's battle. I do hope Palpitoad uses a new move, though.

I do like Leavanny vs. Sawk though, only because Leavanny never got a true battle by itself ever since it had evolved from Swadloon (that fight against Roxie didn't count since Leavanny only defeated a Koffing that was exhausted after battling two of Ash's other pokemon).

I can expect Bianca vs. Kotetsu to take place in BW104 or 105, but where will Ash vs. Stephan happen? During or after BW106-7?

I wanted him to learn Leaf Blade and Struggle Bug.
However ''X-Scissor'' and Struggle will be a perfect combination.

It's about time Leavanny learned an offensive Bug-type move. Its only other Bug attacking move, Bug Bite, was forgotten after Sewaddle evolved into Swadloon. I'm assuming that Tackle will be replaced for this move, which is another plus.

Last edited:
Please God!!!!!! pleaaase make Bel wins!!!! or at least let this be like the Jhoto league, where the first round consists of groups of 3 trainers battling each other. So that there is a chance for shooti and Bel to appear again :(

Bianca and the Riolu kid, eh? They're on even ground, I honestly can't call this one. I do suspect like the other one that since Ash has fought and won against Bianca before, that she will be taken out so the Riolu kid can battle Ash. I didn't expect the battle with Stephan to be this soon, but with the rivals taking each other out like last time, I suppose nothing could be done about that. One wonders what round this is since DP had a glanced over battle, so it's possible that they could do that again. Finally, Liepard gets it's chance after the TR vs TP fiasco screwed it over. Three more pokemon to go.

I have to echo the sentiments that it's a real shame Bianca is probably going to wind up losing to Kotetsu. Just...gah.

I've also got a sinking feeling that this league will be the end of her tenure on the show, at the very least as a 'rival' character. Not that I'd agree with it mind, but this seems like the perfect chance for them to suddenly spring the aspect of her game story where she feels that battling isn't her thing.

So Stephan gets a 3-on-3 battle, but Trip and presumably Bianca don't? *Slams head into desk*
The magazine scans show Kotetsu using Riolu and Samurott, so chances are that his battle against Bianca is going to be 3VS3.

I can expect Bianca vs. Kotetsu to take place in BW104 or 105, but where will Ash vs. Stephan happen? During or after BW106-7?
I see BW104 quickly concluding Trip and Ash's battle, moving onto Bianca and Kotetsu (this is obvious since an earlier magazine scan showed a picture of Emboar to represent BW104), and then finishing with the start of Ash and Stephan's battle. Then BW105 will follow up on that, although most of the episode will be about the Axew plot.

I don't know how all of Ash's Unova Pokemon are going to get at least one battle with such short rounds. And you know Pikachu will be used twice since its only match won't be against Serperior.

If all of his Unova Pokes don't get a battle in that will be really horrid.

I don't know how all of Ash's Unova Pokemon are going to get at least one battle with such short rounds. And you know Pikachu will be used twice since its only match won't be against Serperior.
Actually, even just one 6VS6 battle should ensure that they will all get to battle at least once. But perhaps the later rounds against Kotetsu and Virgil will both be 6VS6 battles, especially as it would explain the Hydreigon in BW107 (which probably belongs to Kotetsu).

Am I the only one not surprised nor bothered by Bel going out early? She was never shown to be a serious rival.

Am I the only one not surprised nor bothered by Bel going out early? She was never shown to be a serious rival.
That doesn't excuse Pokémon Fan wrongly implying that she would become a force to reckon with. Many of us were hoping that she would do well since she is the only rival that had some measure of actual development.

Consider me in the "Hope Bel wins and not Kotetsu" pile for their battle. Hoping BW's unpredictability comes to play here and gives Bel the win but its so unlikely.

Was it stated in the magazine that Hahakomori is using Scissors Cross? It looks a bit different to Iwapalace's.

It doesn't mention Leavanny in the scan, the captions underneath talk about Stephan's Pokemon.

-----

Riolu's attack is indeed ともえなげ Overhead/Circle Throw

Somehow, I never quite pictured Stephan with a Liepard, but that's certainly an amusing choice for him.

And count me in for being disappointed about Bianca not at least reaching the top eight. Oh well, I guess it was just too much to ask, after all.

I didn't either but know it makes sense Sawk and Zebstrika are both kinda meh and obtained early so a Liepard makes sense. We should start calling him Youngster Stephan.

I was actual hoping for either Bel or Kotetsu to carry on the tradition of a new trainer getting to the top sixteen in every series

OS Ash
AG Morrison
DP Barry

But I think they will keep this tradition with Kotetsu it's a neat little pattern that doesn't effect Ash much. So why not keep it.

Actually, even just one 6VS6 battle should ensure that they will all get to battle at least once. But perhaps the later rounds against Kotetsu and Virgil will both be 6VS6 battles, especially as it would explain the Hydreigon in BW107 (which probably belongs to Kotetsu).

I don't think Hydreigon is likely belong to any of Ash's known league rivals, rather it most likely belongs to...
A)Some random COTD who Ash or one of his league rivals will easily beat, or...
B)The Tobias-like league rival, assuming there is one in this league, who will inevitably beat Ash and win the league, possibly beating Virgil in the finals.

I hope more for scenario B than A when it comes to Hydreigon and given Hydreigon is a powerful psuedo-legend, it will definately get one glory moment in the anime.
Whether it is here in the Unova League or not remains to be seen.

I don't think Hydreigon is likely belong to any of Ash's known league rivals, rather it most likely belongs to...
Why would a random COTD own Hydreigon when it could be given to Kotetsu?

B)The Tobias-like league rival, assuming there is one in this league, who will inevitably beat Ash and win the league, possibly beating Virgil in the finals.
There is nothing that alludes to another Tobias-like rival. Virgil is the one that fits the description.

She may not have really been treated much as a serious rival, but she has been shown to have the most improvement as a trainer of all the main rivals in BW - starting as an incompetent noob in the beginning to managing to advance to the top four in the Clubsplosion - and I wanted to see this growth continue by having her reach at least the top sixteen in the Unova League.

Meh. Possibly just BW getting my hopes up for nothing.

Why would a random COTD own Hydreigon when it could be given to Kotetsu?

There is nothing that alludes to another Tobias-like rival. Virgil is the one that fits the description.

For One, none of Ash's league rivals save Virgil would be worthy using a Hydreigon and two Virgil can't own a Hydreigon because his enitire lineup only consists of Eevee and its evos. Plus there is no concrete proof Kotetsu owns a Hydreigon whatsoever. I think that if a Tobias-like rival would be unlikely at this point of speculation then Hydreigon will be owned by a COTD where it will be defeated rather easily by Ash or one of his rivals, possibly Virgil.

EDIT:Oh and also when I say Tobias-like rival, im talking someone who doesn't interact with Ash at all until thier fated battle, much less meet him beofre the league.

Last edited:
That doesn't excuse Pokémon Fan wrongly implying that she would become a force to reckon with. Many of us were hoping that she would do well since she is the only rival that had some measure of actual development.

I didn't even know Pokemon Fan ever said such a thing. When was this?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom