• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview BW104: "Fierce Fighting! Win Out in the Rival Battle!"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Didn't Shooti have a Lampler waaaay back when? Maybe it's evolved in to a Chandela by now.

If he went with 3 pokes, Chandela, Roubushin and Jalorda wouldn't be bad at all.

I'm hoping they don't do a repeat of Paul and Drapion by having Trip show up with a Seismitoad or Palpitoad.

This is great! The only problem I have is that, if it's a 3-on-3 battle, Trip will probably just rely on Serperior-Conkeldurr and a random Poke. I want to see his other Pokemon, the ones who haven't appeared outside their debut episodes.

Exactly! I was hoping to see Trip's full team before being sent home like that.

Nawhh it's all gewd, just find it weird how people still cling into the japanese names..

Sorry but... 'cling on' to the Japanese names? It's not like I'm calling Maril 'Pikablu' or insisting that Satoshi and Kasumi (or Ash and Misty if you'd prefer) belong together... the Japanese names are just as acceptable as the English ones. It's not like I'm using fan terms or anything.

I'm guessing the Unova league will be very short, only slightly longer than a Don battle tourney.

Nawhh it's all gewd, just find it weird how people still cling into the japanese names..

Sorry but... 'cling on' to the Japanese names? It's not like I'm calling Maril 'Pikablu' or insisting that Satoshi and Kasumi (or Ash and Misty if you'd prefer) belong together... the Japanese names are just as acceptable as the English ones. It's not like I'm using fan terms or anything.
The issue has been dropped. No need to bring it up again now, in this thread. You can VM or PM them about it, if you want.

If Pikachu is the one to take down Serperior I wonder how the hell the writers will do it without making it seem like a cheap win.

The only thing I could see happening is Pikachu using Iron Tail repeatedly on Serperior's head or something.

This is great! The only problem I have is that, if it's a 3-on-3 battle, Trip will probably just rely on Serperior-Conkeldurr and a random Poke. I want to see his other Pokemon, the ones who haven't appeared outside their debut episodes.

Agreed. I remember thinking back in late 2010 that his Frillish was going to be quite an important member of Trip's team, given how unstoppable they depicted it as in its debut battle. But, eh....

I can actually see Pikachu taking down Trip's Serperior in the end. I'm having a hard time visualising how they'd pull it off exactly, but it would bring things full circle given that Pikachu got his arse royally kicked by it as a Snivy.

Last edited:
After seeing that picture I'm starting to believe that the Unova League will open like the Johto League and have a 3 match qualifier in which you have to accumulate a certain number of points to advance to the full battle rounds. I don't think we'll see Ash or Trip eliminated as a result of this battle.
But Ash didn't face anyone more than once in the Johto League; it would be boring if he were to battle Trip twice in the same event. Besides, the only way neither Ash nor Trip would be eliminated in a round-robin tournament with three matches, would be if they each won exactly once. If that happened, the third person in the group wouldn't be eliminated, either, which would defeat the purpose of the entire round and complicate the rest of the tournament.

The only thing I could see happening is Pikachu using Iron Tail repeatedly on Serperior's head or something.

Blades are good against grass? Whatever since I'm guessing this a two part Trip fight that means its a full battle. And since it looks like a two part Trip I don't know how to post on these two threads there seems to be little difference.

Wow. They're already going with Ash vs. Trip. That does make me think that the Unova League will probably be short and Ash probably won't get that far, which would work for me. I don't know how well the battle could be if it's just a three on three match, but I'm kind of glad that they're aren't going for a full battle between the two.

Ash is obviously going to get far, I don't know why the hell people think Ash is going to lose 2-3 episodes into a league tournament.

Ash is obviously going to get far, I don't know why the hell people think Ash is going to lose 2-3 episodes into a league tournament.

They're going for his battle with Trip as the first match of the League instead of something like the first or second full battle match. That, along with his Unova team, doesn't make the idea of Ash getting far in the League extremely likely to me. I certainly can't see him get to the Top 4 again, at least in a believable manner. I don't think that he'll lose two or three episodes into the Unova League, but I don't think he's going to win a lot of battles after his match against Trip. They'll probably save his defeat for either the first or second six on six battle of the Unova League.

Now how does THAT make any sense? He still has 4 more rivals to battle afterward so what does that have to do with anything?

Not to mention we'll probably see montages of skipped COTD battles like usual.

Now how does THAT make any sense? He still has 4 more rivals to battle afterward so what does that have to do with anything?

Not to mention we'll probably see montages of skipped COTD battles like usual.

Trip has been shown, or at least attempted to be shown as, the main rival for Ash, and he tends to lose the match after defeating the main rival. There are other rivals, but they haven't been treated as supposed main rivals for Ash. Even though Trip being the main rival sounds like a stretch given how they've handled the rivalry, that is the impression I've gotten through their battles and the promotion for the Junior Cup. Now, I don't think that he's going to lose after this battle, but I don't imagine him getting that far in the Unova League either.

Geez, Shooty is going out in a beginning one-on-one battle?! It's like the writers have gone "Well, if Isshu's going to be remembered as a season of suck, we're going to make it really suck!'

Geez, Shooty is going out in a beginning one-on-one battle?! It's like the writers have gone "Well, if Isshu's going to be remembered as a season of suck, we're going to make it really suck!'

Lol, I don't think it's going to be a 1v1, at minimum it'll probably be a 3v3.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom