• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview BW104: "Fierce Fighting! Win Out in the Rival Battle!"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Geez, Shooty is going out in a beginning one-on-one battle?! It's like the writers have gone "Well, if Isshu's going to be remembered as a season of suck, we're going to make it really suck!'

It's not a one on one battle, Pikachu Vs. Serperior is just likely the final match of the battle.

Geez, Shooty is going out in a beginning one-on-one battle?! It's like the writers have gone "Well, if Isshu's going to be remembered as a season of suck, we're going to make it really suck!'

Lol, I don't think it's going to be a 1v1, at minimum it'll probably be a 3v3.

You're probably right. Sadly, I don't imagine we'll be seeing more than one full battle in this League (if any).

You're probably right. Sadly, I don't imagine we'll be seeing more than one full battle in this League (if any).

We might get a full battle with Kotesu, and Virgil...but that's probably about it. I suspect Ash shouldn't even battle Stephan, given at least IMO, Bianca should be the one to defeat him.

We might get a full battle with Kotesu, and Virgil...but that's probably about it. I suspect Ash shouldn't even battle Stephan, given at least IMO, Bianca should be the one to defeat him.

He has 9 Unova Pokemon + Pikachu who are all going to get a battle, and Pikachu is obviously going to be used twice since we know he's in the Trip battle.

I'm really surprised Trip is facing Ash this early into the league. No one else seems better suited for the eventual 6-on-6 climax. I just hope that Trip losing isn't a sign that Bianca will make it far. If she manages to defeat Ash or even win the whole damn tournament that would be disastrous. She's almost as bad as Iris. All ditz and jumbo hips....

I'm not sure how Satoshi defeating Shootie first has any barring on what happens next. It sounds like the writers just want to get the character no one likes out of the way first.

I'm not sure how Satoshi defeating Shootie first has any barring on what happens next. It sounds like the writers just want to get the character no one likes out of the way first.

Wait kids don't like Shootie because I thought writers didn't care what the internet thinks. Anyway I hope Trip uses one of his ghosts and that it has energy ball.

I really hope Trip doesn't use Serperior Conkeldurr and a Pokemon he never had until this point if it's three on three.

Well he's appeared less and less as the series went on. I'm guessing someone doesn't like him or he would've appeared more.

Im gonna pick Ash losing in the 3rd round, maybe the 1st 6 V 6. He doesn't have to battle all his rivals, he never battled Barry. 2nd round, he beats Kotetsu, since he'e never battle him before, 3rd round he battles Virgil and loses. League over in like 6 eps max, moving on to bigger and better things, and we can leave the stain that was Unova far behind us.

Pikachu will probably be the one to beat Serperior, static may be involved. Id prefer it were someone like Unfezant, purely from a strategic point of view, not because I like the bird lol.

Also want to see Bianca beat Stephan, In this ep, and then id pick Virgil beating Bianca in the 2nd round.

Ash can have a top 16 spot, Top 8 at best

If this is indeed the first round or later rounds, Ash is most likely to win (hopefully it's at least 3 on 3).

If it's a preliminary round battle, it's possible that the battle ends in a tie or Ash loses but isn't eliminated.

If I recall correctly, it happened during the Johto League, Bulbasaur vs Meganium.

If a tie happens here, it would be the second time.

If I recall correctly, it happened during the Johto League, Bulbasaur vs Meganium.

If a tie happens here, it would be the second time.
But Jackson was still eliminated due to losing to Macey; Ash had the highest overall score in that group. Ash didn't face anyone twice in the Johto League; I don't see the point of having him lose or tie with Trip only to win a few episodes later. Trip losing early may be surprising, but at least it is not repetitive or redundant.

The fact that this battle has Pikachu vs Serperior is rather telling, too. If they were going to pull the multiple strikes rule in the Unova League, I imagine the first match-up would be entirely different; not something that calls back to Ash and Trip's very first battle and not something that's been hyped to the moon and back in the Junior Cup, which wasn't that long ago.

Not to mention they were playing up Serperior's speed as the biggest challenge Ash would have to overcome to beat Trip. Pikachu's obviously a response to what happened in the Junior Cup, since it's Ash's resident speed demon and the odds of Static/paralysis being the tide-turner here are very, very high. Once this hurdle is overcome, Trip doesn't mean jack shit in this League. To me he doesn't mean jack shit even with all this, but just sayin', Pikachu vs Serperior in the first battle seems like a direct response to what happened in the Junior Cup, so after a match-up like this there's really no point in letting Trip stay in the tournament, because they'll have blown their main event already.

Ash better not lose this time !
Overglorifying should have a limit .
Luckily there's two things facing off here - Trip failing in the first round and Ash losing everything. We've had Trip break that pattern once, so it should be Ash's turn.

That said, Ash deserves to lose, Trip has been shown to be a far better battler with far stronger Pokemon.
Oh Please !
Someone Who receive Special Treatment form Writer doesn't deserve anything.
If Trip wasn't the first rival Ash met on Unova then he would be a nobody.
Just like Writer Treated Cassy !
Everything Trip got So far is by his Status and a Stupid Pattern !
THe only reason Writer practically hand over Junior Cup to him because of his Stinking back-story with Alder.
Other Tournament winner actually battle just as hard as everyone to win their Tournaent.
But Trip doesn't have to do it because of Writer favoritism !
While Ash being training for 5 year and overcoming various challenge to be stronger.
And Trip just have to disappear for a while to have strong Pokemon.
Its obvious that Writer directly give him those Pokemon !
Because That's REALITY !
So Don't try something Fictional like Trip Train really hard because we never saw him.
And Since its a fiction , Its totally possible for Anyone to have Strong Pokemon without Training as long as they has writer on their side.
By the way , This Story about Ash Journey's to be the Strongest Pokemon Trainer.
Not about a Over-glorried rival like Trip .

So Ash wins a 1 on 1 battle against Trip, bah meaningless considering Ash got beat by Trip 3-0 in a 5 on 5 battle. I suppose it is acceptable, the only thing that matters is that Ash beat this guy, although i really wish Pika would took it out without hassle but judging by the scans that doesn't seem to be the case.

Pikachu just seems to have straight up owned Serperior without too much trouble....Iron Tail + Electro Ball is new.

Lol Trip.

But seriously, the Isshu League better not be yet another Don Battle type set-up. If it's nothing but a bunch of 1v1's with only 16 people entering...then the writers have officially lost it.

Last edited:
A one-on-one battle that's spread across...two episodes... Must've started in the second half of the first and ended in the first half of the second.

Kinda bizarre that this whole rivalry leads up to a simple one-on-one matchup, but... whatever; as long as this is the climax of it all, I couldn't care less.

after how bad "sonic"-perior was powered up, this was the only logical choice to get Trip out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom