• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview BW104: "Fierce Fighting! Win Out in the Rival Battle!"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Erm, sceptile is definitely faster than Trip's Serperior. but who wants to bet than ash is not gonna use any pkm from other regions? just bring snorlax/ charizard and ash can wipe the competition clean.....
I hope Ash uses some of his older Pokemon in a few matches. But if Ash just brings in his old Pokemon and steamrolls through everything, it would invalidate all his work in training his Unova team. Not to mention it would be a very boring and anticlimactic watch.

well, i think there can be a balance. i just cant imagine ash entering a pkm with as little experience as his palpitoad/oshawott/ leavany. it would be good if he just used

krookodile, boldore, pignite and snivy from his unova team and bring on some reserves with little screen time such as kingler, muk, glalie and totodile

but really doubt any of these will happen, what i see is a pure unova pkm team for ash, which will ultimately lead to his downfall

I just feel sick to my stomach because I know snivy wotter and scraggy and pika and krookodile to a lesser extent will steal almost all the screentime that his other FOUR reserves in unova so desperately needs.

I’m worried like some of you concerning Ash using these Unova Pokemon who are in their lesser evolution forms and shallow pool of move sets. Especially if he uses the overused Unova Pokemon over the ones that really need screen time and “believable” victories.

Ash vs. Trip already? Well, like his match with Paul in Sinnoh, I can see that Trip might use “weaker” Pokemon like Paul did with Ninjask/Gastrodon/Aggron/Froslass (even if two of them were used just to figure out Ash’s strategy).

Serperior is not going to be the bad ass it was in the World Cup, which is obvious. Pikachu will probably beat it for 3 reasons;

1. It HAS to get that “revenge” victory because it lost to it as both a Snivy AND Servine. Kind of like Brock’s Crogunk beating Saturn’s Toxicroak in DP.
2. Serperior is going to be “de-powered” since Trip has softened up after his match with Alder and we’ll not see that incredible speed able to dodge every move the opponent throws at it.
3. Finally, as someone mentioned really Pikachu is his best choice. Even Unfezant would have a tough time getting in a move. Both are the starter Pokemon for these two trainers.

Is it a 1 on 1, 3 on 3, just a screening battle like in Johto where its a system of points rather than lose and your out kind of contest? That will shed more light on the outcome and Pokemon used in this match.

Trip getting eliminated in Top 128 is probably the best thing this series has done tbqh.

Man just imagine if Ash pulled a Trollbias in Unova. Essentially he does some magic voodo and turns his Pikachu into his end of DP form+electro ball and then sweeps through all of the Unova league with just pikachu until Virgil in the finals takes it out with Jolteon losing four pokemon in the process then having his last pokemon tie with charizard who easily beats the 5th

I want him to use his older pokemon because in the league you play to win. He can use his weaker unova mons for regional tourneys and when they become stronger and have movesets that dont consist of 2 types all being STAB and or normal then theyshould be used in an actual league.

i actually imagine a N va ASH final and after 5 pokemon each was KO then ash would reveal to have zekrom/reshiram since the unair tr/tp episodes and fight vs N's zekrom/reshiram

Man just imagine if Ash pulled a Trollbias in Unova. Essentially he does some magic voodo and turns his Pikachu into his end of DP form+electro ball and then sweeps through all of the Unova league with just pikachu until Virgil in the finals takes it out with Jolteon losing four pokemon in the process then having his last pokemon tie with charizard who easily beats the 5th

I want him to use his older pokemon because in the league you play to win. He can use his weaker unova mons for regional tourneys and when they become stronger and have movesets that dont consist of 2 types all being STAB and or normal then theyshould be used in an actual league.

by using snorlax im sure he could pull off a Trollbias, or charizard. bu we all know that's never gonna happen, but i'd rather see ash with the competition clean with stuff like septile, heracross and noctowl rather than win narrowly and unbelievably with oshawott, leavany and palpitoad etc...

I just wish the writers could give Virgil a bit more diversity with the eeveelutions. I mean they don't all need shadow ball, what's wrong with dark pulse or hyper beam?

by using snorlax im sure he could pull off a Trollbias, or charizard. bu we all know that's never gonna happen, but i'd rather see ash with the competition clean with stuff like septile, heracross and noctowl rather than win narrowly and unbelievably with oshawott, leavany and palpitoad etc...
Nope ,
Ash is set to lose with or without his Old Pokemon.

Nope ,

well, yes if he decides to use 6 including gible, corphish, totodile, torcoal.

if he used snorlax, sharizard, sceptile, inpernape, kinger, muk/ gliscor, im sure he would make it to like top 2, but that's never gonna happen

Yeah because the writers will just give some COTD a rayquaza or something so Ash can never win.

I'm assuming that the Unova League won't be as rushed as the previous ones since they have plenty of time.

But it would be really boring if Ash would beat everyone with just his Pikachu, Unfezant, Oshawott, Pignite, Snivy, Scraggy, Leavanny, Palpitoad, Boldore and Krookodile. Either I hope some evolutions and new moves or some older Pokémon come back but just the ones that didn't have that much screen time in battle.

Lol how would watching pokemon who need screen time and wins battle be boring exactly??

Nope ,

well, yes if he decides to use 6 including gible, corphish, totodile, torcoal.

if he used snorlax, sharizard, sceptile, inpernape, kinger, muk/ gliscor, im sure he would make it to like top 2, but that's never gonna happen
Doesn't matter !
If Ash set to be Top 2 then he will be Top 2 with or without his old Pokemon.
And if he set to be Top 8 then he will be Top 8 with or without his old Pokemon.
I guess its better that Ash isn't using his old Pokemon.
Atleast his fan will have some sort of excuse.
Even though Writer treat his fan like Garbage.
Let admit it , This league suck's.
There isn't anybody impressive enough to beat.
Unlike Paul , Conway & Nando , This league is mainly filled with Comic gaps .
Even League filled with just CotD (Like Hoenn & Kanto League) was more exciting then this.
And Ash still has to lose this because its a taboo for him to win any long term individual Tournament.
So ,It will be less embarrassing for him lose with his Unova Pokemon .
Would you like Ash to lose to Kotetsu or Virgil with his old Pokemon ???

wwwdotuporg3642815.jpg

TRio's back?

Guess I shouldn't have said they wont be around to waste time during the league for once. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom