• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview BW104: "Fierce Fighting! Win Out in the Rival Battle!"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
BW104.png

Airdate - November 29, 2012.

http://i48.tinypic.com/2akh9i.jpg
http://i49.tinypic.com/lzmrk.jpg

Last edited:
So basically one of the rivals loses first...probably Stephen.

Where tournaments and best wishes are concerned, I've learnt not to trust episode titles lol. On the one hand its like, oh cool, we get a rival battle straight up, should be a good one, rather see that than someone beating a cotd. But on the other its like knowing this series, there's probably going to be about 5 battles in this one ep, this battle will be one of those, and it will last about a minute and make someone semi important look reasonably shit

This sounds like we're going to have a lot of glanced over battles. Didn't this kind of title mean that in a previous league?

EDIT: No league ep has this kind of title. I could've sworn it did. Given the placement, I wouldn't be surprised, though.

Last edited by a moderator:
Once again, "Fierce Fighting!" is used in an episode title, but many battles and contests with substandard battling also had that phrase included in their titles. So the only thing in the title to look out for is that Ash will fight one of his rivals here.

Since this is only the second episode of the league, guessing that Ash vs. Stephan will be the most likely battle to take place here. If that is the case, what will Stephan's third pokemon be?

In BW season titles have always been twisters.. Title would mean something against what people would predict will happen. One thing is sure that there is rival battle happening which would give us some entertainment. hope its a nice one,,

"Win Out in the Rival Battle". That sounds interesting. I think that we're saying bye to Stephan here. I'm placing bets on seeing Sawk, Braviary and Zebstrika.

I wasn't expecting Stephan to be knocked out so quickly. I was hoping for him to be in the league longer to how Morrison was. But atleast my Trip won't be kicked out too early. *Prays*

I'm gonna say Bianca will be the one to beat Stephan, I'm not actually looking forward to a rival being sent out in the first round again, poor Nando.

Stephan or Bianca is probably going to be the eliminated rival if there is one. The can't get rid Kotetsu or Virgil because they are too new and Trip had a huge tournament meant to glorify him. However it is possible that are going to eliminate Trip. Now I'm sure plenty of you have heard of this graph. You'll have to click on it I expected it to be bigger

Using the first star wars movie this graph represents ideal the ideal tension curve a hook followed by peaks and valleys. The relevant part is the hook. I think a Virgil or Kotetsu v Trip fight would be a good hook given Trip's recent Junior Cup win and the fact that Trip regained respect for Alder meaning rival wise he's pretty done. All he needs for his story to be done is to gain respect for Ash and that could be done through Ash beating his vanquisher.

Stephan or Bianca is probably going to be the eliminated rival if there is one. The can't get rid Kotetsu or Virgil because they are too new and Trip had a huge tournament meant to glorify him. However it is possible that are going to eliminate Trip. Now I'm sure plenty of you have heard of this graph. You'll have to click on it I expected it to be bigger

Using the first star wars movie this graph represents ideal the ideal tension curve a hook followed by peaks and valleys. The relevant part is the hook. I think a Virgil or Kotetsu v Trip fight would be a good hook given Trip's recent Junior Cup win and the fact that Trip regained respect for Alder meaning rival wise he's pretty done. All he needs for his story to be done is to gain respect for Ash and that could be done through Ash beating his vanquisher.

I wouldn't like it if this were the outcome, i'd rather see Ash beat Trip, even if it is the most predictable, boring, and stale outcome that could possibly happen in regards to Ash's and Trip's rivalry. I would however like it if Ash beats Trip in a full battle almost the same way Tobias beat Ash in the Sinnoh League, with Ash losing at most 2-3 pokemon during thier inevitable battle at the Unova League.

I'm gonna say Bianca will be the one to beat Stephan, I'm not actually looking forward to a rival being sent out in the first round again, poor Nando.

got top 4 in the GF too, what more do you want? He did very well for a rookie trying to balance out both.

This kind of aligns better with a post-League train of thought, but I think it's interesting to look at Ash's current rivals entering the League versus past rivals. Mainly the introduction of Kotetsu and Virgil so close to the commencement of the League. Part of me wonders if one is the typical League rival destined to knock Ash out (Ritchie, Harrison, Tyson, Tobias), and the other is there to replace one of the current rivals in the filler arc rather than just being league fodder in the mold of Morrison & Conway.

I think Bianca would stay given she has a counterpart in B2/W2 and has a more fleshed out team, and the writers could conceivably stretch out Trip's relevance by avoiding his match with Ash ala Gary in Kanto, but what excuse do they really have with keeping Stephan? He has had plenty of opportunities to showcase a more developed team, but we've only seen him with Blitzle/Zebstrika & Sawk, and he's gotten his regional glory with the Clubsplosion. I could see Stephan getting knocked out early (this episode) and someone like Virgil or Kotetsu taking his place in a filler saga.

lets see... Ash vs Kotetsu, Trip, Bianca, or Stephan. ZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz. well ash vs kotetsu is probliy going to be more painful than the battle with Marlon.... Trip, meh the most excitng of the bunch, Bianca, Ummmm.........., Stephan, PRONONCE MY NAME RIGHT!. I wonder if maybe since Kotetsu is of Supporter COTD status, i am curios if ash's "new rival" will appere. just like harriosn did way back when in the Johto leauge

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom