• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review BW106: Dageki Appears! Satoshi VS Kenyan!!

Crap forgot to check

Okay

Virgil vs Dino
Kotetsu vs ramone
Vrgil vs Ramon

virgil wins

I like how they are still pretending the bowtie kid is going to be relevant in the tournament. :p

Overall, a good battle. Even if Leavanny didn't get a win, it dodn't feel like it was there to just take the fall, which is always nice.

You know, honestly, i was hoping that after that "Iris' past" story arc, we wouldn't hear her "Little Kid" comments any more. Especially since Ash has made it this far, could a little kid have defeated so many adversaries? I don't think so

You know, honestly, i was hoping that after that "Iris' past" story arc, we wouldn't hear her "Little Kid" comments any more. Especially since Ash has made it this far, could a little kid have defeated so many adversaries? I don't think so

Ash can become World Champion, and she'll still call him a little kid. It has very little to do with his actual skills.

Really looking forward to see this episode. The battle looks great, and it's really been a while since we've seen a 3 on 3 battle.

Ash seem to handle Stephan just fine, certainly a change from Trip...where Pikachu couldn't land any hits, and he was screaming for Pikachu to get up every minute or so.

If I understood correctly, he held off on using Aerial Ace until the right moment.

Very nice battle.

Liepard is surprisingly bulky, I expected it to look slimmer, but maybe it's cause it's Kenyan's... Sludge Wave was a pleasant surprise, and Zebstrika having Facade to counter it was quite smart. Poor Leavanny lost, but oh well, she did do the brunt of the work. Also FLYING CROCODILE FINISH! I needed this to brighten my day :)

Next episode's preview spoiled Kotetsu having a Swanna.

Poor Leavanny lost, but oh well, she did do the brunt of the work.

Ash's Leavanny is actually a guy.

I agree, he did do quite well against Sawk and I'm sure that Krookodile could have lost had Leavanny not weakened him first. A little part of me does say though that just like back in the Club Battle, Sawk's loss wasn't caused by the opponent but by Close Combat spamming... How much times did he actually use that move in this recent battle?

AA little part of me does say though that just like back in the Club Battle, Sawk's loss wasn't caused by the opponent but by Close Combat spamming... How much times did he actually use that move in this recent battle?

Sawk spammed Bulk Up about as often as Close Combat in this battle, which would make up for the defense drops.

it was a very good episode, I was so inmerse into the battle that I forgot that I knew who won already, and I gotta say palpitoad FINALLY got some action, but i gotta say if Leavanny can dodge attacks with that style, then he should consider putting it on a contest

Was a decent enough battle, good to see some new moves, though it kinda felt like the writers were just trying to power up Ash's team for the league. Glad the Palpitoad got sludge wave, been waiting for a 4th move since his debut. And im glad Krookodile lost crunch in favour of Aerial ace. Krookodile has a 100% success rate since he evolved. Although he's only completed battles against 3 pokemon (Dragonite, Leipard and Sawk), that's still a decent record. I get the feeling that this will be the best battle we get to see this league.

The hands down best battle of the Unova League, possibly the whole saga. The battle was just intense and kept me glued the whole time. I especially enjoyed the Sawk vs Leavanny round.

When Ash recalled Krookodile, a half Ground-type, after Stephan sends out his Zebstrika, an Electric-type, I just said "What?", and then when Ash chose Palpitoad in its place, I just thought "okay..." And, of course, it gave Krookodile the chance to really shine with its new move, so it all worked out well.

The battle was near perfect.. kudos to Sawk and Krookodile their fight was extreme they were worn out from prev battles.. Good to new moves to Palpitoad,Leavanny,Krookodile... Sad news Ash finds an excuse for not using krookodile in next matchup against kotetsu.. Top 8 were all identifiable(all recurring char).. One more thing to show,, what is the point of putting Gigalith in calendar although it belongs to some nameless trainer(not ash nor rivals) which just came up for one shot,, pretty lame..
Quaterfinal matchups seems to be good. although i would stil like Ash and virgil to fight in semifinal with virgil winning and become league champ. Ash's chances look bleak since hydreigon is kotetsu first poke.. cant wait for next one..

Developments to pokemon seems to moved offscreen,, it would be good to see if they learn during battle like Oshawott's aqua jet and boldore's rock smash.. Aerial ace was great to watch and probably the best finishing move

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm glad at least this battle was good (by this series' standards anyway), and I agree it would've been a lot better if we'd actually SEEN Ash's Pokemon learning all these new moves through actual footage of hard work so it wouldn't feel so thrown-in-at-the-last-minute.

However, the only real thing I care about that I learned in this episode is Antonio moving on to the Top 8. I know a lot of people are on Team Dino to win the League, but not me. :p Antonio desperately needs his payback for being squashed by Dino in the Don Battle!

oh god if those two were in the finals it would be great

I'm glad at least this battle was good (by this series' standards anyway), and I agree it would've been a lot better if we'd actually SEEN Ash's Pokemon learning all these new moves through actual footage of hard work so it wouldn't feel so thrown-in-at-the-last-minute.

However, the only real thing I care about that I learned in this episode is Antonio moving on to the Top 8. I know a lot of people are on Team Dino to win the League, but not me. :p Antonio desperately needs his payback for being squashed by Dino in the Don Battle!

oh god if those two were in the finals it would be great

I agree! An Antonio vs Dino final would be amazing. However, I've got one foot in each camp, because although Antonio deserves revenge, and he's cool, Dino's just an awesome guy.

AA little part of me does say though that just like back in the Club Battle, Sawk's loss wasn't caused by the opponent but by Close Combat spamming... How much times did he actually use that move in this recent battle?

Sawk spammed Bulk Up about as often as Close Combat in this battle, which would make up for the defense drops.

Right, I guess that made Leavanny's battle with Sawk more important than it looked. Krookodile would have had problems otherwise.

It was a solid battle for sure and a job well done.

I don't mind Satoshi's Pokemon getting new moves these are reserves not mains so they won't get treated fairly anyway. We know he trains anyway.

Plus it's not like Satoshi's Pokemon are the only ones that get new moves outta know where, people act as if he's the only one. I guess that's how the ball rolls when you don't sparkle and spin around every episode.

Last edited:
Please note: The thread is from 11 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom