• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview BW107: Satoshi Vs Kotetsu! Secret Weapon Sazandora!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh come on. Unfezant is not learning Leer lol.

We had a Jalorda using Leer in the PWCJ tourney. I could see them giving a Pokémon Growl...

Here are my guesses to what I think it will be:

Roost, Morning Sun, Facade (maybe she gets paralysed by Force Palm?) or Tailwind.

Facade (maybe she gets paralysed by Force Palm?) or Tailwind.
Hmm, I don't think these moves had got a debut yet. Maybe Facade at Norman Gym Battle, back in Hoenn.

Any of them, the latter in special, can give to Pikachu the edge of the battle just so Riolu can evolve to recharge his energies. But I still think it is Sky Attack.

Hold up now Riolu in the picture has our regional bird in a bind. Now, what if Riolu does lose? In the previews for later episodes and the Unova League downloads have Kotetsu with a Lucario.

Does that mean Riolu does evolve during the match with Unfezant? Does Ash lose and Kotetsu move on the next round and Riolu evolves then???

I just can't wait to see when, where and how Riolu evolves.

With the PWT Download of the Unova League tournament released im now sure Riolu will evolve into lucario, and if the teams downloaded is an exact representation which im 100% sure of, looking at the moves Stephan's sawk and Trip's Conkeldurr have on the downloaded teams. Then Lucario will have the following moves: Circle Throw, Force Palm, Aura Sphere, and Close Combat.

Hydreigon will also have the follwing moves:Double Hit, Tri Attack, Dragon Pulse, and Dragon Rush

I'm gonna guess that Kenhallow's new move will make/force (maybe its Whirlwind?) Kotetsu to switch Riolu out and for it to evolve later. It seems weird they'd give her a new move just to lose to it.

I'm gonna guess that Kenhallow's new move will make/force (maybe its Whirlwind?) Kotetsu to switch Riolu out and for it to evolve later. It seems weird they'd give her a new move just to lose to it.

Yeah you have a point, other scenarios are Unfezant uses her new move on another of Kotetsu's Pokemon BEFORE Riolu shows up in the battle?

There are just so many questions...

As you mentioned, a new move and a loss? Well, it has happened before in BW. Excadrill learning Focus Blast and then fighting Beartic. It tied in the battle (but it was the first one to fall down)...

I don't know if this full battle is packed into ONE episode but if it is what I see happening is Unfezant using its new move to highly damage or almost knock out Riolu and right when the ref is about to call it unable to battle Kotetsu screams out its name and it evolves into Lucario winning against the bird.

Seriously, if it happens it will not surprise me at all. I can't count the number of times a trainer just screams out a Pokemon's name and it evolves, learns a new move or anything to get a crappy and undeserved win. But that's the BW series for you...

Hold up now Riolu in the picture has our regional bird in a bind. Now, what if Riolu does lose? In the previews for later episodes and the Unova League downloads have Kotetsu with a Lucario.

Does that mean Riolu does evolve during the match with Unfezant? Does Ash lose and Kotetsu move on the next round and Riolu evolves then???

I just can't wait to see when, where and how Riolu evolves.
I believe Riolu will be put into a bad corner battling against Pikachu, then evolves.

Also, we don't have any information whether Unfezant knocks any of Kotetsu's pokémon before battling Riolu. =P

I believe Riolu will be put into a bad corner battling against Pikachu, then evolves.

Also, we don't have any information whether Unfezant knocks any of Kotetsu's pokémon before battling Riolu. =P

Nice theory considering they are each trainers "signature" Pokemon.

I know I know but you see this is what I love best when we don't know and we think up all of these possible scenarios and that's why waiting for the episode to come out is so exciting!

Seriously, though I just hate thinking of these great theories and then it turns out to be a crappy episode :p

Nice theory considering they are each trainers "signature" Pokemon.

I know I know but you see this is what I love best when we don't know and we think up all of these possible scenarios and that's why waiting for the episode to come out is so exciting!

Seriously, though I just hate thinking of these great theories and then it turns out to be a crappy episode :p
I also like to see the mystery in the air about anything, rather than getting all the information, and I think this is the reason why I'm excited for every episode of the League - even the next one!

Aside the Bel x Kotetsu battle, I don't see anything crappy about the last two episodes. I expect the next Ash battles to be great ones, and I think that's how they will be.

Judging by the summary it's going to be another "Unfezant gets in trouble but miraculously gets out of it" situation. I see plot armour falling more on Unfezant's side. Facade debutted against Milotic, je pense, but I don't think any of the others have.

I'm hoping for Sky Attack or Morning Sun.

Unfezant may learn air slash/sky attack which will make Riolu evolve to be a better fighting type..

Hmm, with Force Palm in Riolu's moveset I'm betting that Unfezant gets paralized during the battle. With that in mind, I'm guessing the new move is Facade.

Screenplay: Yukiyoshi Ōhashi
Storyboard: Shigeru Ueda
Assistant director: Hiromasa Amano
Animation director: Atsushi Ogata

Anything new? @bluesun, @sunyshore or @Dogasu?

BW106-MagazineSummary.png

Last edited:
And another episode that isn't written by Tomioka. Seriously, the guy is in charge of the series organisation since DP where he wrote almost all the important episodes and now he doesn't write anything anymore. :/

Anyway, the battles against Kenyan and Kotetsu are the only things I am mildly excited for in this league so I am looking forward to them. I hope Kotetsu's unkown Pokémon are interesting ones.

And another episode that isn't written by Tomioka. Seriously, the guy is in charge of the series organisation since DP where he wrote almost all the important episodes and now he doesn't write anything anymore. :/
He still writes the important episodes (Operation Tempest was his work). They clearly do not consider the league important this time so the other writers are left with it. I'm sure he will have done many of the upcoming TP episodes.

My biggest question at this point is the gigalith.

Yes, it is rare that a mid-battle evolution occurs both on the non-last Pokemon, and on the losing side (I think each of these circumstances have only happened once, Ash's Sewaddle and chimchar resepectively) and I am starting to doubt Boldore's evolution capabilities.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom