• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview BW107: Satoshi Vs Kotetsu! Secret Weapon Sazandora!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
The bird, Pikachu, and the starters... Just like the old days. Including Boldore, I'm quite satisfied with the team Ash has chosen for the match.
Can't understand how anyone can find this team satisfying. If anything, it's mediocre and boring. We have the overused Pikachu, the region's generic bird, and the presence of the three starters is kinda meh considering that two of his three starters are nothing but unevolved plushie sellers instead of the evolved badasses they could have been.

Can't understand how anyone can find this team satisfying. If anything, it's mediocre and boring. We have the overused Pikachu, the region's generic bird, and the presence of the three starters is kinda meh considering that two of his three starters are nothing but unevolved plushie sellers instead of the evolved badasses they could have been.
Everyone is allowed to have their own opinion, which may vary from person to person.

Believe me, I am annoyed as hell and sick of Pikachu constantly stealing the spotlight.

On the other hand, the way I am looking at this match right now is that we'll get to see the original team, and by original I mean his first few Unova-captures (except for Boldore since it was the 8th capture, but that's alright). I like seeing all three starters being used in the same match along with Pikachu and Unfezant. It just feels original to me.

The new move may very well be something like sky attack, or something lame, like tackle. My guess for Kotetsu's last pokemon is possibly one of the regis, since they are catchable in BW2, and havn't been in the anime since the episode with Hunter J and the temple and the rampaging Regigigas. I think that Kotetsu may have Regirock. Or, he could have something lame. Like a Patrat or something. Regirock seems more likely.

The bird, Pikachu, and the starters... Just like the old days. Including Boldore, I'm quite satisfied with the team Ash has chosen for the match.
Compared to Kotetsu's team, I don't think it's that bad. I mean, he has two water types at least, and possibly three if he does have two samurotts.

A crazy thought just occurred to me.

They are literally calling Kotetsu's Hydreigon his "secret weapon" even though it's the first Pokemon he sends out in this battle, thereby totally contradicting the moniker. We can say this is from Kotetsu's perspective, as he's dumb as hell and probably has no idea what "secret weapon" truly means...

But all this talk of a potential second Samurott made me think of something crazy.

What if his last Pokemon is... another Hydreigon?

Now THAT'S a secret weapon!

What if it's a Zoroark that transforms into a Hydreigon and Samurott? :eek:

A crazy thought just occurred to me.

They are literally calling Kotetsu's Hydreigon his "secret weapon" even though it's the first Pokemon he sends out in this battle, thereby totally contradicting the moniker. We can say this is from Kotetsu's perspective, as he's dumb as hell and probably has no idea what "secret weapon" truly means...

But all this talk of a potential second Samurott made me think of something crazy.

What if his last Pokemon is... another Hydreigon?

Now THAT'S a secret weapon!
I did not think of that. Still, unless he does win with five, it seems almost reminiscent of Takuto and latios the way they're concealing his final pokemon.

GO PIGNITE! AVENGE YOURSELF AFTER THAT HORRIBLE SERPERIOR BATTLE!

I always knew aash would lose because he gimped himself by using oshawott and snivy in the last fight.

Well i would not say that since snivy and oshawott know the highest move in each of their evolution lines (Snivy= leaf storm and oshawott= hydro pump.)

What's Pignite's new move? Looks like a punch. Doesn't look like Arm thrust or Rock smash. Brick Break? Although Brick break's more of a chop than a punch. Can't see anything else on its learn set, apart from maybe super power, but I can't see it being that. Battle looks ok but I get the feeling its going to be really rushed, and I hate rushed battles.

I searched on bulbapedia and its not arn thrust( Arm thrust does not make the users arm glow white shown by bianca's emboar), Not rock smash ( Since rock smash glows orange) but it has a 70% possable thats its brick break since i found a picture of a unova pokemon using itView attachment 82733View attachment 82734

Last edited by a moderator:

I always knew aash would lose because he gimped himself by using oshawott and snivy in the last fight.

Well i would not say that since snivy and oshawott know the highest move in each of their evolution lines (Snivy= leaf storm and oshawott= hydro pump.)

Leavanny and palpitoad>the plush duo

Leavanny and palpitoad>the plush duo
Snivy is awesome. D:

Boldore is Ash's first pokemon, but sadly we didn't get much footage of the battling screens so Oshawott and Pignite's battling orders are still unknown.

Last edited:
Haha Riolu is so badass. Why can't pikachu be this awesome?

I'm hoping Riolu doesn't defeat both Snivy and Unfezant.

One is enough, considering it's going to evolve.

Assuming Oshawott is the second pokemon to be sent out, this is going to turn into a horribly paced battle. Boldore and Oshawott will be fall guys, Pignite will probably have two wins under his belt before losing to Samurott, Pikachu will defeat two pokemon by himself before being recalled, and Kotetsu's Riolu will defeat at least two of Ash's pokemon by itself before it will evolve into a Lucario.

As it stands:
Kotetsu's Hydreigon: most likely 2 wins (Boldore and Oshawott)
Kotetsu's Samurott: most likely 1 win (Pignite)
Kotetsu's Riolu-Lucario: most likely 3 wins (Unfezant, Snivy, and Pikachu)

Ash's Pignite: Most likely 2 wins (Hydreigon and Ferrothorn)
Ash's Pikachu: 2 confirmed wins (Samurott and Swanna)

There are no signs of Kotetsu's sixth pokemon, so we'll assume that he won't even use it. Ash will most likely lose this battle 4-6.

I'm not liking this battle right now.

I'm still really furious about Oshawott since he hasn't gotten a win since Clay's gym not sure when Unfeazant got a win either

Unfezant had two on-screen victories; one by herself in BW068, and another in a tag battle alongside Cilan's Pansage in BW099.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom