• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review BW108: Isshu League Conclusion! Pikachu VS Lucario!!

Didn't the last scene of Ash reminiscing about the region's journey he has been on in Unova followed by a still shot of him running over to his companions a kickback to the Indigo League?

I remember him saying goodbye to Richie then looking out over the stadium thinking about the entire league from start to finish and then he runs over to his mom, Oak, Brock and Misty.

Didn't the last scene of Ash reminiscing about the region's journey he has been on in Unova followed by a still shot of him running over to his companions a kickback to the Indigo League?

I remember him saying goodbye to Richie then looking out over the stadium thinking about the entire league from start to finish and then he runs over to his mom, Oak, Brock and Misty.

Woah now we know why Ash placed Top 8 this time instead of Top 4. Lets look at it this way, the guy who beats Ash in this league is a sort of a doppelganger in a way just like Ritchie during the Kanto League. Instead of being a physical doppelganger of Ash this one is a Personality Doppelganger of Ash. The guy who beats Ash(Cameron) then gets destroyed the next round just like how Ritchie then lost his next round match to Assunta. Then we also must look at trip who was the Juniour Cup Winner and theoretically a fan favorite to win the Unova League and Ash beat him in the First Round, just like he beat Mandi at the Kanto League. Then combine all of that with the ending scene of this episode and bam, Great Shades of the Indigo League right here.

This could say something about Ash's future pattern of progression, what it means exactly is something that I can't exactly say at this point and time but whatever, a nice trivial touch that doesn't change the fact that this is far worse of a league than any other before it and most likely any future leagues after it.

Well, I had quite a bit to say about this finale...but it seems others have already said it all for me. Everything that happened in this episode was just too unbelievable for words: not only did Ash technically lose in a lower rank than in the last league, and not only lose 5-6, but the kid who beat him was, in turn, not only also defeated 5-6, but only managed to KO half of his opponent's team. Half. Making Ash look worse than he already was.

Yes, we already knew that Ash was going to lose to Cameron (except those few who were in denial), and it was fitting for him to do worse in the league this time around, after how little development he got compared to AG and DP, but... it was still sad to see it happen. Sad in a "very bad, very poor writing" kind of way.

Holy shit, you're right! It's pretty much the same thing, he was even standing in the center of the field while Aim to be a Master plays in the background. And of course, we have a clipshow. Only it was more pointless than the Isshu one, since they were only scenes from the league.

I don't know if I should like the reference or be annoyed that the writers recreated the Kanto league XD

Holy shit, you're right! It's pretty much the same thing, he was even standing in the center of the field while Aim to be a Master plays in the background. And of course, we have a clipshow. Only it was more pointless than the Isshu one, since they were only scenes from the league.

I don't know if I should like the reference or be annoyed that the writers recreated the Kanto league XD

I find it both humorous but annoying...

Its like the writers are giving mixed signals to fans like;

From day one we were accused of rebooting the series to be like Kanto with Ash acting like a novice once again and Pikachu being brought down significantly in power...and our response to you after this entire series is, you were absolutely correct! And to further cement our statement here we will reenact Ash's first Pokemon League competition final scene where he will think about his journey and then run off towards his friends!

OR it could just show how lazy the writers are but just copying something they did in the past...

Despite of all this BW hate, I liked this episode even though Satoshi lost. Really awesome animation (nothing less expected from Iwane), and I loved the new animation for Tsutaaja's Leaf Blade. The way how she charged it before attacking...just. Awesome. Lucario's Iron Tail Mimic was cool, so was Eievui's Trump Card. Damnit, all attacks animated for this episode were awesome.
And let's not forget the great music used from the 14th movie, too.

The last scene...it was just like the last episode of Indigo League, liked that.

The episode's ok for an Ash-loses-the-league episode, but I'm wondering, why were Ash and co. were preparing to leave their lodging right before dawn??? Just for the sunrise scene at the end? Geez.

Last edited:
Not a great episode thats worthy of finishing the league. Except the animation all other things seems to be off-colour. Ash's rank has descended from DP series which is not a good sign keeping his goal in mind. I thought snivy would evolve after being down. but thats not what the writers want.. anyw happy to see Virgil winning the league. My opinion is that virgil won not bcoz of merchandising eevee products but due to his team's diverse attacks and his startegy..,, oly stephan is real worthy to be considered a rival in this series...

I can't understand the problem with Cameron win against Ash... Is Cameron an idiot? Ash too. BW Ash just deserves to lose for an idiot bigger than himself. I call this poetic justice. Or just irony. :p

But I concurr this league as a whole was a disappointment. I didn't like "indigo league final episode reference", it felt...wrong. Well, too late now.

lol with all the hype behind Episode N and generation 6, I had forgot the Unova league was still going. Just watched it. Worst league ever. Can that even be denied? We get the closest thing to a 6 v 6 and it was a piece of shit. Then a bunch of montage battles where Cameron can only beat half of Virgil's team, which kinda makes Ash look even worse.
It was a pretty horrible league, but I still think it was a tiny bit better then the Indigo Leauge.

So they decide to, after a hundred episodes, make a battle with good animation, only that battle was part of the predictable Lucario fanservice?
What a waste.

Yeah I knew Satoshi would lose. It was only a question of 'when'. And since he was only in Best 16 in Kanto I don't think it's unrealistic to expect that he might get to the semifinals one day. I won't disagree his Best Wishes self was really dumb though.

Oh and the best of it all. The guy who turns out to win the League doesn't gives two cents about it. He's just like "Hi I'm noob rescuer who can't even be trusted by my brother to take care of a couple wild Freegeos. I want to compete in the league too, just for the lulz cause I got the badges while I rescued people around. Cause it's so easy to get gym badges anyway."
*Beats everyone in the league*
"Hey Bro, check it out, my eevolution team won."
"Cool. By the way Dad wants to celebrate your victory."
"K."
*Flies off*

Thus this episode puts the worst Pokémon League ever to a close.

Ash lost to someone who not only didn't win the league but only KO'd 3 pokemon. It pisses me off that some rescue fucktard was able to beat a every just plain trainer there. You don't see officer jenny kicking everyone's ass and that would make SENSE

Agreeing with almost everyone in that it was the worst league. Ridiculous.

Can I have my Sinnoh and Johto tier leagues back please?

So...Ash...about that battle frontier...

If Brandon ever saw this battle, I wonder how he would have reacted.

I wonder what would happen if Paul ever found out.

Oh, Paul...just imagining the look on his face.

His reaction more per say...

Yerp.

I've finally got around to watching the Unova League and well...to be honest, it was pretty darn terrible. Easily the worst league ever, which was made even worse by it being the one directly after the Sinnoh League which was frankly, the best.

Also, why the heck didn't Ash get Snivy to use Attract on Lucario? Seriously...that was Snivy's thing! But noooo let's spam Leaf Storm against a Steel-type. Ash deserved to lose this one and Cameron deserved to get his ass kicked by Virgil.

Please note: The thread is from 11 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom