• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review BW108: Isshu League Conclusion! Pikachu VS Lucario!!

THis upcoming N arc better be winning an Emmy award because this episode was probliy one of the worst. i have never felt this awful since GM quit making Saturns. JUST AWFUL. The battle made Ash's battle with elesa seem like a challenge....However Lucario was able to cheer me up especially with the ice cream. I did like little Eevee winning the leauge but it was bad tot he point that i will only say that Lucario won. not cameron. An awful finish to an awful leauge.

I've never liked Cameron at all. It's just his character I guess, And for him to beat Ash, makes me hate this whole BW saga. I would of rathered he lost to a trainer with higher calibur. Why couldn't Ash beat Cameron and lose to Virgil or have Ash and Virgil battle in the Final 8 while Cameron battles Dino. I hate Cameron, and I never want him to return again.

And honestly, Ash shouldn't of helped him out so many times! So really, Ash should blame himself for this defeat.

Thank Arceus the league is over. I wasn't expecting Satoshi to win the league, but I hated it for being so rushed. Well, I hope it snaps Satoshi back into good-battler mode (and yes, I know that's not gonna happen).

Anyway, I laughed at the ridiculously short and unnecessary clipshow.

More importantly, why is this surprising? We've known Satoshi was going to lose the Isshu League for a while now.

I really think the biggest problem they have with Ash losing is:

1. Only Pikachu and Pignite got wins equaling 4 Pokémon.
2. Kotetsu only used 5 Pokémon
3. Kotetsu did jack against Virgil. (This is important, because I hate how Ash lost to someone who wasn't going to win the league, especially as badly as Kotetsu did), if Ash has to lose top 8 it should always be to someone who's going to win the league, it should be the only thing that makes sense).
--------------

My reasons no one probably cares about.

4. Kotetsu's Riolu evolved, just because it got hit by Snivy's attack. See with Ash's Pokémon at least they struggle before evolving, Kotetsu's Riolu didn't, and seemingly got hit by one or two attacks, and that was somehow enough to cause enough "danger-force" evolution, and then Lucario swept what was left of Ash's team. I don't recall any instance where a Pokémon of Ash's evolves and knocks out more than one of the opponent's Pokémon, excluding Kingler, which was a long time ago.

5. This whole league was messed up, the only battle that was remotely done well in comparison was Ash vs Stephan, because both sides went in, fairly equal, and Ash managed to come out on top and it was a decent battle over all. Everything else was just so unbearable to watch. Especially with Kotetsu sending out 2 of his Pokémon who have a 4x weakness against the Pokémon he sent them out against, at least Pignite is only 2 times weak against Samurott, and yet somehow Kotestu managed to beat Ash.

6. And thank you Axew filler episode, which did jack for the league and Axew (no development whatsoever), that also was a factor, this really was a bad league, overall. Outside of Ash vs Stephan, I can't think of anything that was redeemable about it. It just had way too much negative points rather than positives. It really feels that overall the writers didn't care although maybe that's because of Pokémon X and Y.

So Pikachu messed it up once again? Oh God...it's getting so damn old...Actually, I was about to start ranting about the writers' concept (Do they have any concept in the first place?) but then I decided that I'm going to spare you that.

Just one thing that I can't help saying:That pathetic loser Ash only made it to the quarter-finals / top 8? Hm, let's see, in the Sinnoh League he made it to the semi-finals / top 4, which means... OMG, there was absolutely NO improvement in Ash's development as a trainer. On the contrary, he even got worse!! I just can't believe it guys....A whole journey consisting of three seasons...What for? For nothing! Pointless!

We've reached a point where I have to ask myself: Why do we keep watching that loser's chaotic adventures in the first place? Tell me! Why?
Let me be honest with you: It seems to me that the writers are not giving a shit about what we older fans who have been watching Pokemon since the very first episode think or feel. They're just playing around (or should I say messing around?) with their characters as they like, much to our regret.

So why should we even care about Episode N or Gen VI? Why? Because the title sounds so promising? God, no! We already know that Ash is never going to win any league and judging from the outcome today, it looks like he's now even getting worse from league to league.

Believe me, having to say this really hurts me badly but I would seriously think about whether I should continue watching Pokemon if it weren't for my wonderful angel Cynthia.
OK, let's look at it from this perspective: The worst adventure ever has got a "worthy" conclusion that was equally bad. At least that fits. Oh well, may the rest of the Pokemon Anime go downhilll, I don't care as long as Cynthia is there.

Last edited:
Ash is out wow im shoked..

That battle was absolutly shocking though ash got embarresed by some noob trainer with 5 pokemon if cameron had half a brain and recalled hyderion when it was getting tired it would have been even worse, that was the worst pokemon league battle ash has ever been in he got creamed !! absolute joke no stratergy no nothing least cameron had power ash had Nothing why would you use a freaking snivy in the pokemon league !!! why ? complete moron.

dont know why i continue to watch the anime well i skipped most the fillers in BW anyway, same old BS every region with diffrent pokemon ash is officaly washed up. dead wood.

This is my response as to why Ash lost to Cameron:

393135_10151400111731885_873072284_n.png

View attachment 83629

My friend, you don't know how right you are. That comic hits the nail on the head.

It's not that I'm surprised that Ash lost, I kind of expected that. It's because it's simply Ash's fault and, above all, his laziness when it comes to evolving and properly training his Pokemon that he lost once again. What an unnecessary, painful defeat! And you want to call yourself a Pokemon trainer, Ash...

G
I loved Ash's regression, loved. It was only fair for him to finish in a lower position, since he barely trained his Pokémon in this saga.

Exactly. It would have been complete bullshit if he went into the Isshu League and did the same (or better!) than he did in the previous league with the team he has now.

It's a small miracle he even made it to the Top 8.

Last edited:
I loved Ash's regression, loved. It was only fair for him to finish in a lower position, since he barely trained his Pokémon in this saga.

Exactly. It would have been complete bullshit if he went into the Isshu League and did the same (or better!) than he did in the previous league with the team he has now.

It's a small miracle he even made it to the Top.

Sad but true.
I'm looking forward to Gen VI when Ash is likely to make it only to the top 16. And, haha, I'm waiting for that league where Ash is defeated in the qualifying round :D (In some situations I guess only black humor helps...)

He probably faced trainers using Weedles and magikarps in the 2 skipped battles we never saw. Don't ask me how they got 8 badges because if Ash can do it so can they.

Agreed. If he had caught a few less Pokémon and focused on them, it would have been so much better. And to think that they had to create a trainer with legendaries to beat him last time.

Satoshi lost to the lamest character in the whole anime. Jeez.

the worst league and battles I ever seen.
Ash has been litterally humiliated by a baka noob with 5 pokemons; and previous, the exhausted pikachu was really really really so lucky to defeat serperior with only one eletrick hit (normally, it's would be impossible, because electricity is weak on leaf pokemon and serperior had perfect health condition)
This confirm ash reggression to prior johto league (i put his unova league skills beetween episode 239 and 252 (before dragon battle with clair for 8th johto badge)
But good news for pikachu, he is so weak, that it is useless to reset him for next generation.

The battle was fantasticly done, but the outcome... Pikachu dominated Lucario in that match, and with Electroball being over powered by Aura Sphere. Horrible ending, I just want the writers to stick a fork in BW and call it finished. But a questions, who's Pokeball was Ash holding in the end?

I really want to think that the PokeBall was Charizard's, and he was planning on using it after all his Unova mon fought.

Why does everyone hate Kotetsu so much? I know he's fucking stupid and rather annoying, but so is Satoshi. And Dogasu is right, Satoshi getting to top 4 would've been even more BS. This league was awful because it was rushed as hell, the winner looks like a CotD, and the "big" rival battle was reduced to a lame 1-on-1, not because Satoshi lost to someone as stupid as he is but who at least bothered to raise his Pokémon right.

View attachment 83629

My friend, you don't know how right you are. That comic hits the nail on the head.

It's not that I'm surprised that Ash lost, I kind of expected that. It's because it's simply Ash's fault and, above all, his laziness when it comes to evolving and properly training his Pokemon that he lost once again. What an unnecessary, painful defeat! And you want to call yourself a Pokemon trainer, Ash...

Yeah, if Ash won or made it to the finals and lost what would that have said about his previous teams? Seriously, he had 1st stage Pokemon for goodness sake (Buizel is badass but Floatzel would have really helped him do more than be a setup for Toxic Spikes in the Paul match but back to the point...) and mons that could have evolved like Boldore.

It would be an insult really to his DP team but seriously if he did make it that further in the league it would just say that Unova trainers sucked balls even though Ash got his ass handed to him from most of them throughout this series.

Haven't watched the ENTIRE episode yet because I want to see the scene everyone is talking about with him holding a Pokeball. If it is Charizard I would find it hilarious!

Haha, it would be like the writers/Ash saying: Yep this league sucked so now screw this Unova team and let's get back to my old mons that are actually worthwhile!

No wonder his Unova Pokemon were at Juniper's lab instead of Oak's lol

You know, I am really glad Generation VI got announced the other day with its amazing trailer because I am just about done with this show.

Now, I ranted a lot about how Satoshi's losing against an idiot who didn't even bring a full team to a 6 vs 6 was bad enough and the writers couldn't drive home the fact that they want our hero to be weaker than he was in D&P... but now we see that Kotetsu wasn't even able to defeat four of Virgil's Pokemon.

This isn't accidental, they're making a concentrated effort to make Satoshi weak. Can someone explain to be why the writers are doing this? Hell, I wouldn't have been surprised if the final montage was just of him losing. This is not the guy who defeated Shinji... hell, Shinji would have walked all over Satoshi in this state.

Satoshi's regression, Iris' over-exposure, the Don Battle arc, Shooty's lack of character, Team Rocket becoming boring clones... Best Wishes has been one mis-step after another.Episode N, my interest in this show rests on your shoulders. If you suck, I'm stopping.

Please note: The thread is from 11 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom