• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review BW110: A Friend...His Name is N!

Dogasu

ロケット団よ永遠
Reaction score
A Friend...His Name is N!

Animation - Team Kato
Screenplay - Shōji Yonemura
Storyboard - Tetsuo Yajima
Assistant director - Tetsuo Yajima
Animation director - Izumi Shimura

On their way to Hiougi City, Satoshi and his friends meet a mysterious young boy able to hear the hearts of pokemon named N.

I LAUGHED SO HARD I WOKE UP MY ROOMATES

THIS IS THE BEST EPISODE I'VE SEEN IN A WHILE

I'M OBVIOUSLY BIASED.

BUT MY FAVORITE PART

WAS WHEN N DiD THAT POSE

HIS SOLAR BEAM CHARGING POSE IDK

AND HE CALLED HIS POKEMON FRIENDS TO HEAL PIKACHu!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AND

MY SECOND FAVORITE PART

WAS WHEN N

WENT ON HIS RANT ABOUT POKEMON BEING UR FRIENDS/BATTLES BEING BAD OR WHATEVER AND HE GETS INTENSE

AND EVERYONE IS LOOKING AT HIM LIKE HE'S LOST HIS MIND

I LOST IT

GOODBYE FRIENDS

did anyone else think that the sunset scene was REALLY EXCESSIVE???? I felt like they were star crossed lovers parting ways for a long journey ahead~ But wow N is REALLY fixated on ash like he's all "why u met zekrom......like i met reshiram.......destiny...." AND ASH REALIZED THAT N WAS ANNOYED AT POKEMON BATTLES AND HE SEEMED ALMOST APOLOGETIC FOR IT???? AND N'S ALL....."i dont hate you....."........... a single tear falls down my cheek

Last edited:
I'm not sure what's worse - Team Rocket in every episode, or Axew getting lost in every episode.

This was a very good episode, very Ntertaining and Ngaging and...no fuck it.

The ep was great. N was introduced perfectly. That is all.

An okay episode if you ask me. I know the anime is full of mary sue/gary stue's but N is really annoying with his friend calling powers and all his backstory...I just don't get what's so interesting about him to be honest.

I'm glad that Satoshi's encounter with Zekrom was mentioned though.

I LAUGHED SO HARD I WOKE UP MY ROOMATES

THIS IS THE BEST EPISODE I'VE SEEN IN A WHILE

I'M OBVIOUSLY BIASED.

BUT MY FAVORITE PART

WAS WHEN DiD THAT POSE

HIS SOLAR BEAM CHARGING POSE IDK

AND HE CALLED HIS POKEMON FRIENDS TO HEAL PIKACHu!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AND

MY SECOND FAVORITE PART

WAS WHEN N

WENT ON HIS RANT ABOUT POKEMON BEING UR FRIENDS/BATTLES BEING BAD OR WHATEVER AND HE GETS INTENSE

AND EVERYONE IS LOOKING AT HIM LIKE HE'S LOST HIS MIND

I LOST IT

GOODBYE FRIENDS

So I take it that you liked the episode?

It was a decent introductory episode for N. His ambitions were set well, and how he reacted to Ash wanted to be a Pokemon Master was cool and interesting. The battle between Team Rocket was pretty good, and their reaction to N was amusing. The plan to get Pikachu was... odd. They were really lucky to get him in THE EXACT SPOT THEY WANTED HIM TO BE IN. More Boldore and Unfezant is always good!

I'm not sure what's worse - Team Rocket in every episode, or Axew getting lost in every episode.

Neither happens every week.

I wouldn't say that Axew got lost in this episode. I mean, Pikachu was with him the whole time.

tumblr_inline_mh4lr15etH1rz54ea.jpg

♫ Near....Far....Wherever you are...I believe that the heart does go ooOOOooon~ ♫

Last edited:
An okay episode if you ask me. I know the anime is full of mary sue/gary stue's but N is really annoying with his friend calling powers and all his backstory...I just don't get what's so interesting about him to be honest.
N is not a Gary-Stu.

What is it with people and that God awful term?

This was a perfect N introduction episode. It was nice seeing Axew was actually helping the others for a change, even when it was only a dragon rage.

The writers still seem to have trouble with getting the TRio pre-BW, but that's just me.

This was a perfect N introduction episode. It was nice seeing Axew was actually helping the others for a change, even when it was only a dragon rage.

The writers still seem to have trouble with getting the TRio pre-BW, but that's just me.
I think they're trying to do it gradually. That's if they're really planning to get them pre-BW at all.

Well obviously not literally every week, but they are using those plots way too often in recent and the known future episodes, when one of the good aspects of BW to date was the lack of the repetitive Team Rocket Pokemon-theft segments, and I thought that we got past the baby-Axew stuff once it learnt Dragon Rage.

Well obviously not literally every week, but they are using those plots way too often in recent and the known future episodes, when one of the good aspects of BW to date was the lack of the repetitive Team Rocket Pokemon-theft segments, and I thought that we got past the baby-Axew stuff once it learnt Dragon Rage.

That's just Kibago's personalities. He will always act like that, because his personality is meant to be that of a young child. Just like Zuruggu will never learn not to be hard-headed or Mijumaru will never lose his somewhat cocky personality.

Well obviously not literally every week, but they are using those plots way too often in recent and the known future episodes, when one of the good aspects of BW to date was the lack of the repetitive Team Rocket Pokemon-theft segments,

Well what else are the TRio supposed to do until Plasma gets here? It's not like we even see them every week.

Well what else are the TRio supposed to do until Plasma gets here? It's not like we even see them every week.
Something that would suggest they have an actual mission to achieve now? If they were trailing Ash to hope to be led to Reshiram or something, then why make yourself visible by attempting to steal Pikachu? If they are trying to find out information on Team Plasma, why are they wasting their time stalking Ash?

Instead it just comes off as trying to fill in time in an episode by using the same recycled plot.

Please note: The thread is from 11 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom