• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review BW112: Achroma VS Handsome! Plasma-dan's Conspiracy!!

You do realize that by this logic Ash has a reason to revisit every region, right? There are quite a few legendaries that he hasn't seen yet outside the movies.
He does, but then what? There aren't any visible opportunities to know the Bird Trio from Kanto, or the Ho-oh he's seen so many times, and so on. However, he has the chance to know Reshiram.

About the episode, simply awesome. The bound Meowth's scenes was as cute as it was funny, and the plot entertained me. Can't wait for more!

Okay, to recap: Team Plasma and Colress, plus the return of both Looker and our beloved Blast Off?

Last edited by a moderator:
This Was still a very good episode with a great comeback with Looker.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ash has only ever been driven about battle-oriented quests. Everything else has been a matter of being in the right place at the right time. When he takes a break from that in favor of something else, I expect to see the thought process behind the shift in direction, which isn't the case here.

Nonsense. Satoshi only starts new quests when he 'conveniently happens' to hear about some new region or quest from Okido. Leaving aside the fact that you might imagine a 10-year old to be a bit more well-versed in basic geography (like, the existence of other regions) than Satoshi appears to be, Satoshi never leaves for a new region until he is told about it.

Indeed, BW broke the trend of Satoshi learning about the new region near the end of his badge/Symbol quest--he didn't learn about Isshu until after DP and even then (nominally, but still) only went there for a vacation. This demonstrated to us clearly what could be determined before to a large extent anyways: Satoshi never immediately moves on to a new Badge quest unless prompted to by another character teaching him about a 'new' region. Nobody told him about any new region, so he is doing what was consistent with his character the entire time--indeed, the only reason we haven't seen it before is, as you said, precisely a matter of being in the right place at the right time.

I wish I knew why so many of you don't seem to understand my point: Ash wanting to find Reshiram (for the second time or even the first one) is a weak reason to travel through Unova again since it should be possible to significantly shorten the journey by taking a boat to the closest area to the ruins. My gripe is with the fact that Ash and co. aren't proactive when it comes to the villain encounters; I wouldn't have a problem if their goal were to stop each and every one of Team Plasma's plans, which is what N and Looker seem to be doing. But so far, they are just going about their merry way as if they had something more important to do, which they don't.

This is why N should be a permanent companion.

I wish I knew why so many of you don't seem to understand my point: Ash wanting to find Reshiram (for the second time or even the first one) is a weak reason to travel through Unova again since it should be possible to significantly shorten the journey by taking a boat to the closest area to the ruins.

...which seems to be what they're doing. They took a ship from Kanoko to Hiogi, went from there to Tachiwaki on foot, and will take the ship from there to Sekka, where the ruins are.

...which seems to be what they're doing. They took a ship from Kanoko to Hiogi, went from there to Tachiwaki on foot, and will take the ship from there to Sekka, where the ruins are.
But if they did that, they wouldn't get to revisit Castelia, which is where N said that they would meet again (even though they'll actually meet in Virbank and travel together for a few episodes).

Then apparently I was misinformed by someone who misheard "Hiun".

Misinformed by someone who correctly picked up "Hiun", but misheard the rest of his line, I guess. N said he was currently headed for Hiun, and that he felt he would meet Satoshi and friends again at some point.
Nothing about them meeting in Hiun, neither by prior agreement nor by chance.

(EDIT: Or actually, you were just misinterpreting what that poster said. He/she never claimed N said they'd meet again in Hiun)

Regardless of where exactly they will meet at first, the fact that N mentioned Castelia City and that Team Plasma are planning something in a sewers system (which only exists in Castelia as far as we know) suggests that something will happen in that city.

Well, something could happen in Castelia City with Team Plasma or these Sewers may just happen in another Town or City or Nothing will take place in a Sewer and will just take place somewhere in the middle of Nowhere.

But if they did that, they wouldn't get to revisit Castelia, which is where N said that they would meet again (even though they'll actually meet in Virbank and travel together for a few episodes).

No, the place N was dropped off at in his debut episode's ending WAS Castelia. He said he was going there when Ash met him on the ferry, and that's where he ended up. He likely learns of Team Plasma's sewer operation there, and that's why he's intercepting the Braviary in his return episode, as it's being shipped off to Castelia for experimentation. Certain Pokemon that are shown the official March calendar suggest that Ash and co. will indeed go with N to Castelia City to stop Team Plasma, but they can easily get back on track toward Iccirus City and the White Ruins afterward. Also, they're not meeting N in Virbank, they'll meet on the Route outside of Virbank.

This episode was really good despite not understanding a majority but The only thing that I actually understood was when Looker mistook Achroma for Ghetsis and Achroma corrects him. I really liked Achroma in this episode and he has alot more personality than what I thought:

tumblr_inline_mhw54o4wIL1qz4rgp.png
tumblr_mhx414Onx61r2en1ko9_500.png
tumblr_inline_mhun36hpPx1qz4rgp.jpg

Oh you evil, adorable dork :ksmile:

Last edited:
This episode was rather good; a nice start for TP's story arc. I just hope this leads to a good story arc in the end.

I liked the first technical - or, I guess, alluded - appearance of a hiker in the anime.

I could not understand the whole of it due to not knowing Japanese, but I can say that this epsiode was a 50-50

Pros:
1) GIGA IMPACT!
2) It was a nice introductory episode for Team Plasma

Cons:

1) Galvantula, Beartic, Mienshao and Scolipede?! Okay, give us a Garbodor, a Watchog, a Darmanitan or a Druddigon and we are done...
This is Best Wishes Season 2, and it should have been named like that for a reason. It was named like that because it would feature non-Unova Pokemon.
Couldn't they use 4 out of the freakin' 493 waiting out there? The only fully evolved we have seen since BW2 beggining are Garchomp, Lucario, Dragonite and Eevelutions!
2) Team Rocket appears, says motto, and dissapears! (Though this can be good sometimes...)
3) No TR reaction at the sight of "Mr. Boxlunch" and Meowth tied up...

Generally, it was an okay episode for what it was supposed to be, and it lived up to my expectations. Mainly because I knew that an episode that gets the spotlight before being aired won't be that great when it airs off. So, I was prepared for something like that.

8/10

I could not understand the whole of it due to not knowing Japanese, but I can say that this epsiode was a 50-50

Pros:
1) GIGA IMPACT!
2) It was a nice introductory episode for Team Plasma

Cons:

1) Galvantula, Beartic, Mienshao and Scolipede?! Okay, give us a Garbodor, a Watchog, a Darmanitan or a Druddigon and we are done...
This is Best Wishes Season 2, and it should have been named like that for a reason. It was named like that because it would feature non-Unova Pokemon.
Couldn't they use 4 out of the freakin' 493 waiting out there? The only fully evolved we have seen since BW2 beggining are Garchomp, Lucario, Dragonite and Eevelutions!
2) Team Rocket appears, says motto, and dissapears! (Though this can be good sometimes...)
3) No TR reaction at the sight of "Mr. Boxlunch" and Meowth tied up...

Generally, it was an okay episode for what it was supposed to be, and it lived up to my expectations. Mainly because I knew that an episode that gets the spotlight before being aired won't be that great when it airs off. So, I was prepared for something like that.

8/10

Great episode this 9.95/10 and one of my best episodes of the unova region

This was still a very Good episode For The Rise Of Team Plasma and this still got a 10/10.

Really, the only things I was really dissapointed about was the lack of interaction between Team Rocket and Mr. Lunchbox.

Aside from that, I really liked the episode. Colress is a really awesome character, the Plasma Grunt (was her name "Angela" or something?) seemed also pretty important, Team Rocket blasting off again (for real this time!) and...Axew doing something else then spamming Dragon Rage.

A nice debut of Team Plasma and Team Rocket somewhat likeable in the anime again.

Please note: The thread is from 11 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom