• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review BW112: Achroma VS Handsome! Plasma-dan's Conspiracy!!

Good episode. Very good animation in certain parts.
It was very entertaining despide my beefs with it which I want to list.
Rocket Dan turned out to do something right... Well, not right for -them- I guess.

I agree, it was a good Plasma-Dan introduction.

Anyway, my problems with the episode:

1- Nyarth is still the only Rocket-Dan member being in-character.
2- Rocket-Dan suddenly seems to forget who Handsome was. They just seemed to overhear the conversation and talk about him like some random police person.
3- Handsome first talks about how no one knows who the heads and members of Plasma-Dan are, then when they meet Akuroma he's like "Are you G-Cis?". What?

Height errors? :smokin:

bw112.jpg

This was really well done. While I had expected an evil Achroma, he had been given the exact personality as in the games. I was so thrilled to see him showing interest in how Ash draws out Pikachu's powers - which is what he had been searching for in the games XDD Evil or not - I find that awesome.

Also note - I assume they might reference that Ghetsis and Achroma are old friends or something? Cuz Ghetsis first calls him Achroma-kun, which would be a little too friendly when addressing a subordinate. Then he calls him Doctor Achroma again. So I'm hoping for some backstory here XDD

It's Johto with evil villian plot instead of gyms as key plot points. Regardless, nothing but filler inbetween to pad this out to October.
The main problem with this saga is that Ash and co. don't really have a goal. They just happen to encounter N and/or Team Plasma every now and then.
I don't see how trying to collect badges/ribbons/symbols is the only thing that constitutes as a reason for traveling.

It is when you are traveling everywhere by foot and want to become Pokemon master. I mean he can at least get some grinding in for fucks sake. Anyways it is kinda bullshit how they handled Colress so instead of researching bonds he's doing the exact opposite which happens to be the same thing as Dr. Namba

Please note: The thread is from 11 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom