• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review BW112: Achroma VS Handsome! Plasma-dan's Conspiracy!!

Nice to see Giga Impact again. Guess Iris doesn't use it much at all for some strange reason.

That scene with Meowth tied up was hilarious. We are listening to serious Jessie and James commenting the events and then, suddenly, we hear Meowth shouting at them like he would if we were watching DP. Nice touch!

Three words: YA NA KANJI

It almost looked like they were going to play Akuroma as a boring, straight up villain...up until Pikachu broke free from his control device. He reacted like a kid who'd just been told they were getting a bike for Christmas.

Good "first" introduction for Plasma, as well as a nice reintroduction to Handsome. Can't say I have big complaints.

http://sep.2chan.net/dec/18/src/1360231850403.jpg

That whole scene was perfect. Musashi and Kojiro with their plan and Nyasu whining about being tied up. XD More of this please.

And was saying "ya na kanji" so hard?

A few random points

- This episode gives us yet more evidence that "The Rocket-Dan vs. The Plasma-Dan" never happened. Here, we learn that Iris and Dent have no idea who Handsome is and that Satoshi and the Rocket trio have never heard of the Plasma-Dan before.

- I guess whatever perverse brainwashing the Rocket trio underwent before the start of the series also erased their memories of anything they did back when they were still human. I didn't expect them to refer to Handsome by his nickname or anything (haha, that would be "out of character" for them :rolleyes:), but would it have been that hard to have them acknowledge that they've actually met, several times?

- Some of the music heard at the beginning of the episode sounded new to me.

- I'm not 100% clear on why the pokemon in the lab needed that little head cross thing to be controlled by the Plasma-Dan's machine but the pokemon out in the wild did not. If the point is that the head thing allows the group to control the pokemon - where the forest pokemon just kind of rampage about randomly - then they should have made that more clear.

BW112_1_zps3c0b01b7.jpg

BW112_2_zps51939c8b.jpg

BW112_3_zps7b7cab9d.jpg

BW112_4_zpsa4a3697d.jpg

BW112_5_zpsba1039b2.jpg

BW112_6_zpscc43e3c0.jpg

BW112_7_zps510e4a8e.jpg

BW112_8_zpsa020542b.jpg

BW112_9_zpse159482f.jpg

Nyasu abuse will always be funny. You can almost hear him wish he was still with the twerps.

That is just so Blasting Funny with Team Rocket, they are starting to become Comedians again that I really like. This was a Complete 10 for this episode and was very good with the Plot in this episode.

Well TR saved the day because they blow up plasma computer forcing TP to retreat but I didnt like how they put they were shooted with the missile

The question of what Team Rocket's overall plan could be is my main issue here - logically wouldn't Team Rocket be best suited trying to use their technology to try and hack/replicate Team Plasma's research - and thus want to monitor them for a while in letting them use it; but instead they just destroy the system and then run away?

They aren't by any measure defeating Team Plasma, they are just harming their research advancement and getting Team Plasma to take more precautions with their future endeavours.

Still, Team Rocket were interesting in this episode, which makes those two capture Pikachu episodes even more out of place - presumably Team Rocket must have known something about the existence of Team Plasma to be able to know enough to be monitoring them in this episode - but they had time to waste on taking a few Pokemon instead of focusing on getting technology that could allow them to control dozens?

Nice to see a Pokemon Centre again.

The Rocket trio actually did hack the Plasma-Dan's computers. Luckily, Achroma was able to save all the data they had gathered there onto his laptop, so he decided to go ahead and activate the lab's self destruct sequence (and hopefully take care of Handsome and the brats in the process) so he would be free to chase after the trio. Once in their helicopter, the Plasma-Dan shot the Rocket-Dan down.

What we don't know, right now, is whether or not the data the Rocket trio stole from the Plasma-Dan survived the explosion.

I really hope in the next episode they use another footage for TR motto this one have been used 3 times in a row.

PD:Anyone thinks this is pretty creppy:

I'm uncertain what this is setting up. Regardless, it's pretty good, what the antagonists should be. Pikachu overcoming the thing by the power of friendship was a lot quicker than I thought it would be. But evil Pika is pretty scary. Should it happen again and they make it stronger, will anyone be able to stand up to Pika? Even Charizard? Come on, Plasma, bring the army of evil pokemon. Also, is this how they're all going to be? If so, then I think I know how this saga is going to play out. It's Johto with evil villian plot instead of gyms as key plot points. Regardless, nothing but filler inbetween to pad this out to October.

It's Johto with evil villian plot instead of gyms as key plot points. Regardless, nothing but filler inbetween to pad this out to October.
The main problem with this saga is that Ash and co. don't really have a goal. They just happen to encounter N and/or Team Plasma every now and then.

I guess this prooves that the postponed two-parter isn't postponed anymore, but instead officially banned.

The main problem with this saga is that Ash and co. don't really have a goal.

...their goal is "meet up with Paparagi at the White Ruins/Dragonspiral Tower and hopefully get to meet Reshiram", as has been mentioned in like every episode so far.

...their goal is "meet up with Paparagi at the White Ruins/Dragonspiral Tower and hopefully get to meet Reshiram", as has been mentioned in like every episode so far.
Which isn't a real goal as they haven't even explained why they're so interested in the White Ruins. Wanting to encounter Reshiram (for the second time if Movie 14 is supposed to be canon) doesn't justify traveling through Unova again, considering that they could easily take a boat to the vicinity of Icirrus City.

Please note: The thread is from 11 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom