• Hey guys! Have you heard? We now have popup
    Yes, Popups!
    messages for your forum posts. Learn more about it here!
  • To keep up with the hype driven by Sword and Shield's release, we are taking applications for new moderators in our Current Events: Sword and Shield as well as Anime and Manga sections.

For more information, see this thread.We hope you all consider joining our team!
  • We hope you're enjoying Sword and Shield so far! So that everyone can enjoy it and not be spoiled, please keep the all story spoilers and any images from the games in the appropriate sections or in spoiler tags until January 3rd.

Since spoiler tags are not allowed in signatures, please do not put images from the games in your signature either. You can list the names of new Pokémon if you want to list your team in your signature.
  • The forums' software will be updated on December 9th, 2019 and may be down for several hours to multiple days for this process. Thank you for your patience, we hope this update will improve your experience here.

Why not join us over on discord during the downtime?

• ME finally got off his butt and has started his own LP of Platinum version. Watch the chaos unfold here.

REVIEW: BW116: Burn, Lizardon! VS Kairyu!

What's a Pokemon?
Reaction score
I...I couldn't do it. I couldn't hold my stoic attitude.

All those flashbacks broke me.

It's like my childhood came up and punched me in the face.

That was the best thing I've ever seen.

Last edited:
Bright Days
Reaction score
Iris thought Lizardon was a Dragon-type! Kodomo Ne moment and funny exchange! XD

Kairyu's Dragon Rush's animation was sexy! Iris sent out her Pokemon to meet Lizardon and was really excited.

N and Dento scene together! Love those two! Those flashbacks and Kairyu towering over Lizardon!!!111

Stranded
Reaction score
Welcome back, Lizardon! :-D

Really awesome flashbacks and tastefully done animation.

Collects stuff
Reaction score
20 minutes of gratuitous fanwankery - but it was still fantastic. It had Tracey! Primeape! Koga! Everyone's favourite characters were there. Going to be so very awkward to watch dubbed. Were the flashbacks re-recorded or just reanimated?

Oh, and it may just be my lack of Japanese - but was there a reason stated as to why Charizard was back at the lab?

Reaction score
Wow, just wow. This episode lived up to my insane fangirl expectations in just about every sense. And ah, the memories. I must watch this again as soon as I can. And then another time after that.

Loved, absolutely loved N and Dent.

Reaction score
That was a pretty awesome ep. Can't believe they chucked Primeape into the flashbacks too. so awesome

Was that Unfezant Ash sent to Oak? Was that Wing Attack?

Can we all agree that if N hadn't ended the battle, Charizard would have won it?

Oh man, those flashbacks, the feels, so good.

Reaction score
So in this episode, we got flashbacks of:

- Tracey
- Charizard
- Brock
- Misty
- Damien
- Primeape w/ hat
- Squirtle
- Bulbasaur
- Pidgeotto
- Koga
- Poliwrath
- Liza
- Charla
- Clair's Dragonair
- Gary's Blastoise
- Noland's Articuno
- Swellow (spoken)

Moe

Reaction score
There's almost nothing more that episode could have done - not only Charizard reappearing, but Primeape and Pidgeotto as well, a Pokedex scene with Ash not being the stupid one and just about every flashback you'd want. I can just imagine all the effort that would have had to go into doing all that animation for this episode. And a Magikarp salesman, though no scene with N - indeed the lack of Ash doing much at the Kanto fair is the only possible negative, but that just allowed more flashbacks.

Suppose N was exploding on the inside at the concept of Pokemon wanting to battle like that.

How was Charizard going between the Charicific Valley and Oak's explained?

Charizard faces have been missed...

ロケット団よ永遠
Reaction score
The animation in the flashbacks bugged the hell out of me. Everyone's arms were too skinny and their heads were way too big. I wish they had used someone better.

The BW music playing over original series scenes also felt awkward, especially during Satoshi's tearful farewell at the Lizarfic Valley.

Thingamajig said:
Oh, and it may just be my lack of Japanese - but was there a reason stated as to why Charizard was back at the lab?
Orchid-Hakase had apparently gotten it sent to him from the Lizarfic Valley.

Ash's Battle Coach said:
Was that Unfezant Ash sent to Oak?
Yes. Orchid-Hakase says it'll be nice to see how it gets along with the other Flying-Types Satoshi has at the lab (Ohsubame, Mukuhawk, etc.) and how they'll probably race each other to see who's the fastest.

Reaction score
Ah, Dogasu, don't rain on our parade, we're just happy Lizardon's back :p

I was annoyed that they didn't fix the blue sleeve error, though.

fight me
Reaction score
I didn't think I could bring myself to care about the Kanto scenes. Oh how wrong I was. That flashback sequence made me ~*feel*~ things.

Guess I'm not so above nostalgia after all :T

Hoe- MISTY CONFIRMED
Reaction score
DAISUKE LOOKS ACTUALLY SEXY IN BEST WISHES! STYLE

This is a really well done episode. The flashback's, Lizardon's return, Iris's being confused was hillarious. I haven't enjoyed a Best Wishes! episode like this in a while.

Oh and Ōkido-Hakase wasn't as boring as a few episodes back. Woo-hoo.

QUEEN NICKI DOMINATE
Reaction score
I cried the manliest of tears when Satoshi and Lizardon fist bumped

Reaction score
This was the best Birthday Gift EVER so this Episode was a complete 10/10 and this has been the BEST EPISODE OF THE YEAR YET.

Bright Days
Reaction score

And these two ^^

Platonic Ship Shippings Time!