• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview BW116 "Burn up, Lizardon! VS Kairyu!!"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does Charizard stil knows its previous moves Overheat,Dragonbreath... I could see only Flamethrower,Steel wing(sort of),Slash/Metal claw.. And is seismic toss existing in the anime??

Misty already had detailed, colored eyes. They changed Ash's because, unlike the other characters, he had plain, black pupils and no eye color.

that's not completely true. i just watched the orignal series over again and there was an episode or to that showed ash had color in his eyes. i think on of them was in the episode he caught primeape.
and the color was the same as they are in black and white

Misty already had detailed, colored eyes. They changed Ash's because, unlike the other characters, he had plain, black pupils and no eye color.

that's not completely true. i just watched the orignal series over again and there was an episode or to that showed ash had color in his eyes. i think on of them was in the episode he caught primeape.
and the color was the same as they are in black and white

EP7270.jpg

Lizardon has had a ton of one-time moves... Rage, Mega Punch, Take Down, DragonBreath, Overheat, Fire Spin for instance. The idea that he is gonna lose Steel Wing in tomorrow's episode is not surprising. The only moves that have ever really stuck were Flamethrower, Seismic Toss and Dragon Rage.

And I'm going to call it now - Kairyu will beat Lizardon. Should it happen? No. Will I be angry? Yes.

And I'm going to call it now - Kairyu will beat Lizardon. Should it happen? No. Will I be angry? Yes.

How did you come to that conclusion when what is already known of the episode implies otherwise? Kairyu is going to be manipulated, as shown from the red eyes, so why would the writers make a "bad guy wins" situation here?

How did you come to that conclusion when what is already known of the episode implies otherwise? Kairyu is going to be manipulated, as shown from the red eyes, so why would the writers make a "bad guy wins" situation here?

That red eyes thing is from the ep after. Im picking Charizard to win now, in fact he might even dominate, but if he loses it will be complete and utter bullshit

That red eyes thing is from the ep after. Im picking Charizard to win now, in fact he might even dominate, but if he loses it will be complete and utter bullshit

I'm just letting you know that you should be prepared just incase Charizard loses. This is Best Wishes after. Not so much Best Wishes for Ash's sake but just Best Wishes.

I doubt Charizard would lose. Most likely the battle will be interrupted or stopped with no conclusion.

I'm not that excited myself aside from the good animation. Charizard has returned so many times now its lost impact. If something like Pidgeot returned for the first time in 15 years, now that would be something to be hyped about.

This is Charizard making his umpteenth return in the series, and I know it's because he's marketable but I feel bad for Ash's other pokemon who just rot at Oak's lab and are never used.

I don't think Kairyu's being manipulated. Some preview pics show them both with red eyes, I think Kairyu's just fired-up about the battle.

This is going to be good especially because it is my birthday tomorrow and I am excited and got a Happy Birthday from Bulbagarden here a little while ago and thank you so much and I think this is go in to be a really good episode.

I'm not that excited myself aside from the good animation. Charizard has returned so many times now its lost impact. If something like Pidgeot returned for the first time in 15 years, now that would be something to be hyped about.

This is Charizard making his umpteenth return in the series, and I know it's because he's marketable but I feel bad for Ash's other pokemon who just rot at Oak's lab and are never used.

As great as it would be to see Satoshi's reserves playing in the background (I would kill for an appearance by Glion, just so we know where the hell it is), I can guarantee we won't see anything past Okido's head and Satoshi won't bother asking how they are... I mean, he didn't check on his reserves at Araragi's lab even while he was actually there.

Actually, that's a thought... now the League is over, shouldn't Satoshi be transferring his Isshu reserves to Okido by now. It's not like he really needs them for anything important at the moment.

It makes you wonder why the writers bother to keep us up to date on Ash's old Pokemon in the openings if they have no intention on Ash using most of them anymore.

It makes you wonder why the writers bother to keep us up to date on Ash's old Pokemon in the openings if they have no intention on Ash using most of them anymore.
It's like "Hey, we're making our casual appearence just so you know I still exist!"

Jokes apart, some kids wouldn't know them otherwise. What would be their reaction if they saw a Charizard coming out of nowhere?

Exactly. It serves as a way of showing the audience what some of the other Pokemon Ash has so that they aren't caught completely off-guard by any of them suddenly appearing or Ash talking about them. Plus, it's a nice way of showcasing some older Pokemon for the older fans.

Watching the episode now!

- Tracey made a non-speaking cameo during Professor Oak's broadcast introducing the Kanto starters.
- Ash now flashing back to when he first Charmander on the rock and he and Brock rescued it from the storm and Spearow.
- Shows Charmander rejecting Damien (who speaks in this cameo) and joining Ash.
- Shows Charmander battling Primeape and Koga (both with speaking cameos).
- Shows Charmander protecting Ash in Snow Way Out. Bulbasaur, Squirtle and Pidgeotto make cameos.
- Ash talks about it evolving into Charmeleon and Charizard (when it battled Aerodactyl).
- Shows Charizard battling Magmar.
- Shows Ash losing the Indigo League due to Charizard not battling Sparky.
- Cilan mentions that Charizard is like Iris's Dragonite.
- Shows Charizard losing to Poliwrath in the Orange Islands and how Ash saved Charizard.
- Iris asks where Charizard is now. Ash tells them that it's in the Charicific Valley now.

commercial break

- Ash talks about how he left it in the Charizard in the valley after it got creamed by the stronger Charizard. Charla and Liza make cameo appearances.
- Shows Charizard beating Dragonair, Blastoise and Articuno in the Johto League and Battle Frontier.
- Iris and Cilan want to meet Charizard, and apparently Charizard flew to Pallet Town first.
- Ash swaps Unfezant for Charizard. Oak mentions that Unfezant should be good friends with Swellow.
- Ash introduces everyone to Charizard and gets his head fried as always.
- Ash, Iris and Cilan show their Pokemon to Charizard.
- Charizard stares at Dragonite and now they want to battle.
- Charizard knows Flamethrower, Steel Wing, Slash (?), Dragon Tail

Note that all flashback scenes were remade (at least up to the commercial break).

Last edited:
Watching the episode now! Tracey made a non-speaking cameo during Professor Oak's broadcast introducing the Kanto starters.

(will edit this post again as the episode goes on)

and how exactly are you watching it when it doesnt start for another hour and a half

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom