• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview BW116 "Burn up, Lizardon! VS Kairyu!!"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: BW116 "Burn up, Charizard! VS Dragonite!!"

How would that happen, that is just weird, You think Ash would have found out about that offscreen a while back.

What do you mean how would that happen? They fall for each other, they have a kid. Why would Ash need to know about it lol?

Don't worry, I don't think that's the case, it was just a thought

How would that happen, that is just weird, You think Ash would have found out about that offscreen a while back.

Idk if Charizard would write to ash about that

or if he did bulbasaur and squirtle forgot to tell him

This makes me think of this episode in a somewhat different approach. Don't be biased of my second perspective of this besides charmander bringing back a possible memory of charizard to ash. Since Charizard has been left with a female charizard in johto, I'm wondering if charmander may be a child to ash's charizard. It's just an observation and a different idea that no one has discussed here before.

It's just an observation and a different idea that no one has discussed here before.
It's actually been brought up several times, and in a few threads.

I'm not a fan of the idea, personally. I mean, Charizard's baby is an amazingly cute thought, but I don't see why they'd need to introduce a baby. Unless there was a good reason, a kid would seem like a pointless addition.

Hopefully there won't be any flashbacks to the original Kanto, but given BW's lack of continuity there probably won't be. Ash has still never mentioned his past to Iris and Cilan.

Why not? This saga could use some good flashbacks. It's actually quite sad that Iris and Cilan may never know about Ash's past companions or his past accomplishments. For if they leave the show, they will never really know what Ash was like at his best. That is a damn shame.

Brock was mentioned in a flashback.

The writers need to avenge Charizard for his disgraceful loss vs Dusclops. I'd say killing all 5 genesects would be a good way to start.

DOES THIS MEAN LIZARDON AND KAIRYU BECOME BEST FRIENDS FOREVER AFTER THE BATTLE

This episode needs LOTS of discussion...
1) Something does not seem right with the Kanto Fair... I have a real fear that they will handle it the way they handled Ash's part in this series.
We are going to see jewels like Ash scanning Kanto Pokemon (if any other than the 3 obvious appear), no flashbacks of his Kanto days, and nearly nothing of real concern with Kanto outside Charmander (we may not see Bulba/Squirtle). Which brings me to...
2) Back at DP143, they had a reason to do a Johto Fest and showcase some of the region's highlights. It's name: HG/SS... This time, they really have NO reason to do what they did at DP143. They are going to do this whole thing to showcase Charmander and Charizard (who's Charizard is another story...).Anyting else, they don't have to. And what the writers have proven TONS OF TIMES in BW is that they don't do something if the don't have to.
3) Kanto, as a region, has not something important to show because Kanto has no myths (legendaries not involved in the main plot of its games) and no signature items (called Moomoo Milk, Rage Candy Bar, Lava Cookie, Old Gateau, Casteliacone)

Which brings us to the general theory that: all episodes in BW have the potential of being crap. Especially the ones concerning past generations...

Dragonite getting a win would be beyond bad writing and I will be totally convinced the writers have lost it!

Seriously, they better not take it there.

I don't think it's bad writing. Dragonite is not only very experienced, but comes from a powerful species, it also resists Fire and Seismic Toss, and it's been shown to be very reckless and willing to endanger its own life in battle. Sure, Charizard has been with its trainer more and lived with a seasoned Charizard expert, but Dragonite is a force to be reckoned with.

That being said, I don't want Charizard to lose if they do fight. His last comeback had him lose, and I think he needs a win to make up for it. Plus Dragonite already had the Junior Cup and Operation Tempest to shine.

I was just about to ask, are they promoting all the Kanto starters in this episode? I imagine we'll see a Bulba/Squirtle too, although sadly they probably won't be Ash's.
Hitokage is being fairly heavily promoted in merchandise--Dice, Board Games, Get Collections--whereas Zenigame and Fushigidane are not. Since even the most marginal appearances by older Pokemon in BW! have been accompanied by merchandise of some kind, I find it very unlikely that Zenigame and Fushigidane will appear. Indeed, it's not far-fetched to assume that perhaps the appearance of Hitokage is in fact the very reason why Satoshi decides to bring Lizardon back; if such is the case, then obviously his logic would be lacking were the other two Kanto starters to appear.

I don't think it's bad writing. Dragonite is not only very experienced, but comes from a powerful species, it also resists Fire and Seismic Toss, and it's been shown to be very reckless and willing to endanger its own life in battle. Sure, Charizard has been with its trainer more and lived with a seasoned Charizard expert, but Dragonite is a force to be reckoned with.

That being said, I don't want Charizard to lose if they do fight. His last comeback had him lose, and I think he needs a win to make up for it. Plus Dragonite already had the Junior Cup and Operation Tempest to shine.

Dragonite is powerful but remember the fact it lost to a newly evolved pokemon with powerful dragon move(it also disbeyed). I am just speculating,, but if the Charizard appearing belongs to Ash, then Dragonite doesnt stand a chance. I hope there was a clip in opening theme song where Charizard seems to be blocking Reshiram's attack. If Charizard has such power, then i dont see Dragonite having a good day..

Dragonite is powerful but remember the fact it lost to a newly evolved pokemon with powerful dragon move(it also disbeyed). I am just speculating,, but if the Charizard appearing belongs to Ash, then Dragonite doesnt stand a chance. I hope there was a clip in opening theme song where Charizard seems to be blocking Reshiram's attack. If Charizard has such power, then i dont see Dragonite having a good day..

Charizard is strong, but saying that Dragonite doesn't stand a chance against it is a huge exaggeration.

Dragonite lost to Krookodile, yes. However, after that it was struck with Dragon Claw it went berserk, which made things much easier for Krookodile and Ash, not to mention that Krookodile is a very powerful Pokémon too.

I too want Charizard to win, if not having them tie, but that's only because its return would've looked real lame if it was to lose the first battle it participates in. But letting Charizard lose to Dragonite wouldn't necessarily have to be BS, as we all already know how strong Dragonite really is.

Charizard has been training constantly offscreen for 3 series I'm pretty sure some random Dragonite shouldn't stand a chance.

But this isn't a random Dragonite. This is a powerful Dragon who's been shown to know a variety of moves and skill in battle. Not to mention we know nothing about its past before its debut, so it could have been training for much longer. (Which would explain why it's so strong.) I'm not saying Dragonite is stronger, but its past performances and skills shouldn't be ignored.

Seems random to me. I really wasn't impressed with it nothing it did seemed that great other refusing to go down against the Kami's. Did good against Drayden? Still lost and I don't buy the whole gym leaders are epic thing Barry Jump and Kanto Ash can beat gym leaders. Beat Beartic? One: that was bad writing two no where near on Charizards level three: I'm suppose to be impressed with something that tied with something that was underexercised for 3-5 years.?

In the despite having only one less supereffective move than Krook the fact of the matter is it lost to a pokemon that just evolved to it's third stage so I wouldn't buy it beating something that was fully evolved and in special training for more seasons than it wasn't.

Dragonite is totally worthy, and may I add, the perfect opponent for Charizard's first battle this series. Depending on how well Charizard goes we'll see how much stronger it has become, and if it can finally stand on its own against the other Charizard.

In special training for more seasons than it wasn't.

The battle will more than likely end with a tie, or an interruption of some sort. Regardless of what past circumstances were, I can see the writers using these as the main team to battle against Team Plasma. If the ending is any indication, these two will probably be friendly rival/bros. I honestly don't see the writers having a winner here. This might not even be battle, it might just be some other competition related thing that involves a race of some sort. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom