• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview BW116 "Burn up, Lizardon! VS Kairyu!!"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: BW116 "Burn up, Charizard! VS Dragonite!!"

Dragonite is powerful but remember the fact it lost to a newly evolved pokemon with powerful dragon move(it also disbeyed). I am just speculating,, but if the Charizard appearing belongs to Ash, then Dragonite doesnt stand a chance. I hope there was a clip in opening theme song where Charizard seems to be blocking Reshiram's attack. If Charizard has such power, then i dont see Dragonite having a good day..

Charizard is strong, but saying that Dragonite doesn't stand a chance against it is a huge exaggeration.

Dragonite lost to Krookodile, yes. However, after that it was struck with Dragon Claw it went berserk, which made things much easier for Krookodile and Ash, not to mention that Krookodile is a very powerful Pokémon too.

I too want Charizard to win, if not having them tie, but that's only because its return would've looked real lame if it was to lose the first battle it participates in. But letting Charizard lose to Dragonite wouldn't necessarily have to be BS, as we all already know how strong Dragonite really is.

Its not exaggeration and i dint say Dragonite is weak. Its strong but compared to Charizard it may not be a good match-up. Going berserk actually doesnt bring out its true power, but Charizard has been in training for ages and i hope its comeback battle will be a victory which is just my opinion on this.

The worst case scenario and most probable outcome is a tie. That's the way the writers generally treat these reunion battles.

At least there won't be any Contest girl in this episode. In that case the battle would have ended with colliding moves resulting in *sparkles*. Just like that "Piplup, Pansage and Waste of Time" episode.

Anything short of Charizard winning will be bull. Dragonite has no business beating him. Or tying. But this is BW so I bet a tie does occur. Or the battle is interrupted without a conclusion like Cynthia annoyingly did in that Ash vs Dawn battle.

Professor Oak is in this episode according to a 2ch summary.

Professor Oak is in this episode according to a 2ch summary.

I might have made a hundred implications in just one seconds with one sentence.

The less-nonsensical ones? Oak must have come to the Kanto fair to display the Kanto Starters, or Ash calls Oak to call Charizard back who returned back to the ranch, or the best and most likely option--Oak, and Charizard appearing are not related at all, but he either talks to Ash via phone, or a video of him giving a speech is shown,

Screenplay: Atsuhiro Tomioka
Storyboard: Yūji Asada
Assistant director: Yūji Asada
Animation director: Masaaki Iwane

Has it been confirmed anywhere that the charizard that appeared in the poster, or the one in this episode is definitely Ash's?
The poster I mean is the one with Pansage on Charizard's back.

Tomioka and Iwane huh? Fun.

Funny how the new summary still doesn't really fill us in on the battle.

You Think. We should get some information soon.

Feels like this will perhaps be one of those really short battles lasting like a minute or so, even though the battle is the focus in the episode title (remember Rescue Dr. Okido! Nyorotono VS Gureggru!! as an example). They have to cram in Oak, him greeting and talking about Pokemon science things with the whole main cast, showing off most of the common Kanto Pokemon's and whatnot in the episode too. That and the fact that neither summary mentions anything about the battle makes this seem likely.

Feels like this will perhaps be one of those really short battles lasting like a minute or so, even though the battle is the focus in the episode title (remember Rescue Dr. Okido! Nyorotono VS Gureggru!! as an example). They have to cram in Oak, him greeting and talking about Pokemon science things with the whole main cast, showing off most of the common Kanto Pokemon's and whatnot in the episode too. That and the fact that neither summary mentions anything about the battle makes this seem likely.

Except Tomioka didn't write that episode, but is writing this episode.

Oak actually appearing is really nice.

Yeah, this is good seeing Oak possibly in the flesh again maybe.

Maybe this episode will be similar to that one in DP with the Johto starters. It could be a cute little reintroduction to Kanto starters for younger kids who weren't watching during that time, with Lizardon vs Kaiyru being the "main event".

That could be true and I could work with that. Charizard and Dragonight head to head.

The writers decide to include Professor Oak in an episode about a Kanto festival, yet they didn't bring up Professor Elm when a similar festival about the Johto region occurred during an episode of DP. Professor Oak has a lot of favoritism in the anime.

The writers decide to include Professor Oak in an episode about a Kanto festival, yet they didn't bring up Professor Elm when a similar festival about the Johto region occurred during an episode of DP. Professor Oak has a lot of favoritism in the anime.

To be fair, Lyra got a ton of focus in the Johto festival episode. Maybe Oak plays a similar role in this one.

DP 131, 132, 186, 187, 188 and not to mention the entire Donamite, Meloetta two-parter, subway Rocket episode, Brycen's gym, Virbank...and the DP grand festivals, Glactic finale.....oh the list is very long,

So basically this Tomioka writes the battle/action-heavy episodes. I don't even know who he is a few minutes ago, and now I have become a fan of him. Basically any good episode in DP (the league and grand festivals) and BW (donamite) was written by him.

After seeing this, I speculate Dragonite vs Charizard to actually be good as this guy rarely writes fillers (Deino episode)

And Masaki Iwane will be animating this. I am looking forward for this episode now.

A shame he didn't write the league like he did for the past few regions. No wonder Unova League was terrible....maybe I'm being judgmental as I don't who else writes well...

Given that Donamite was the best tourney of best wishes, Brycen's gym was the best-written gym of best wishes (probably, given that it's the only one where there were no new moves/evolutions and Ash actually used his brain and wasn't 6v3) I'd say this is going to be good.

I'm still waiting for proof that Ash doesn't catch that Charmander and witness it evolve twice in the same episode. And then proceeding to use his pokedex on it, of course.

I don't think that Charizard is going to be Ash's Charizard.

Why? Because if Ash's Charizard is really coming, the two summaries will mention Charizard during the summaries apart from title. Also, because the last 3 times that Ash's Charizard appeared, other Charizard appeared shortly before the appareance. And mainly, because Charizard isn't in Kanto as ar as we know. It's in Johto in the Charific Valley with Liza.

This is the episode where Charizard re-appeareance will be setup but it is going to be anotther Charizard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom