• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview BW118 "N's Secret To The Other Side of the Mist"

Status
Not open for further replies.
second translation in the OP ^^

(this has nothing to do with team rocket. they are mentioned in the second episode summary; akuroma vs nyasu. i dont think they are in THIS episode)

Last edited:
Just noticed the translation on the first post.

I am actually glad it's TP. Especially since they'll be gone after BW122 and TR won't be leaving anytime soon.

yeah i agree.

(meanwhile i wish i can say that on serebii but i cant go there for a week)

VA List

Ash
Iris
Cilan
Pikachu
Axew
Jessie
James
Meowth

Other VA possibilities.

Misato Fukuen: Ash's Oshawott, Nurse Joy's Audino
Wasabi Mizuta: Ash's Pignite, Gothitelle from BW021
Kiyotaka Furushima: Jessie's Woobat, Iris's Excadrill
Chika Fujimura: Cilan's Pansage, Nurse Joy
Chiaki Takahashi: Nurse Joy, Ash's Palpitoad, Jessie's Frillish
Yūichi Nakamura: N
Saki Fujita:...
Miho Arakawa:...
Masaki Aizawa: Ghetsis
Hiroki Tōchi: Colress
Akeno Watanabe: Ash's Scraggy, Angie.
Kensuke Satō: Iris's Dragonite
Yūta Odagaki: Pokemon Trainer from an episode.

Last edited:
Saki Fujita and Miho Arakawa are obviously the VAs of Athena and Concordia (in some order). As for Yūta Odagaki, he's listed for tomorrow's episode, as well. He is probably a Team Plasma grunt.

I still wish that N would mention Hilbert in relation to the first Reshiram encounter.

So the TRio is in this episode? That was an unexpected. I thought this episode would be more like BW114 with only some TP grunts being the enemy.

Edit: Actually maybe TR won't even encounter Ash and co. For all we know they might be doing something else that will lead up to the Meowth and Colress episode.

Last edited:
Summaries thanks to Adamant.

"Following the injured N into the mist, Satoshi and friends find themselves in a mysterious forest... And then, the tragic story of N, the Plasma Gang and the legendary Pokémon Reshiram is revealed!!

As the fog cleared, two women named Helena and Verbena appeared alongside the 'Embrace Pokémon' Sirknight and the 'Astral Body Pokémon' Gothiruselle. N then dips himself in a lake. Light covers his body, and his wounds quickly heal. Helena and Verbena act cautious towards Satoshi and the other humans, however. They explain how this place, the refuge of N and his companions, is a place where Pokémon hurt by humans come to heal their wounds.

Satoshi and friends are then told of N's childhood, and explained the connection between him, Ghetsis and the Plasma Gang! And then the Plasma Gang suddenly attacks! Helena and Verbena accuse Satoshi and his friends of working with the invaders! Doryuzu and Pikachu throw themselves before N and the others to protect them, and then...!?"

I still wish that N would mention Hilbert in relation to the first Reshiram encounter.

Why would Hilbert have anything to do with what's going on here? The anime has never needed to copy the game's plots exactly and generally takes as many liberties as it wants. Not to mention that introducing another character just to appear in a flashback when the story and backstory involved would be perfectly fine off without him would just bog the story down and be really irritating. :/

Why would Hilbert have anything to do with what's going on here? The anime has never needed to copy the game's plots exactly and generally takes as many liberties as it wants. Not to mention that introducing another character just to appear in a flashback when the story and backstory involved would be perfectly fine off without him would just bog the story down and be really irritating. :/
Because there needs to be an actual story behind N's past with Reshiram, which would explain why N is already friendly towards other trainers. I highly doubt that the writers can come up with something more interesting than the Black and White story.

I'm really pessimistic about Hilbert/Hilda being mentioned at all in Episode N. I wouldn't put it past the writers to simply leave them out of N's backstory.

Because there needs to be an actual story behind N's past with Reshiram, which would explain why N is already friendly towards other trainers. I highly doubt that the writers can come up with something more interesting than the Black and White story.

That's doesn't mean Hildert has to be involved in that is order for them to make a good story. What about those two girls standing around in the background doing nothing(The one with the pink and blonde hairs)? Can't they do something with them?

That's doesn't mean Hildert has to be involved in that is order for them to make a good story. What about those two girls standing around in the background doing nothing(The one with the pink and blonde hairs)? Can't they do something with them?
As I said, I doubt that a made-up story will be as interesting as the one from the games, although I am not really expecting to see Hilbert referenced. Someone probably convinced N to rebel against Ghetsis. It could be that Athena and Concordia simply told N about Ghetsis being the culprit behind the injured Pokémon, but that wouldn't explain what happened with Reshiram.

As I said, I doubt that a made-up story will be as interesting as the one from the games, although I am not really expecting to see Hilbert referenced. Someone probably convinced N to rebel against Ghetsis. It could be that Athena and Concordia simply told N about Ghetsis being the culprit behind the injured Pokémon, but that wouldn't explain what happened with Reshiram.

... You seem to be under the impression, somehow, that the story from the games is not, itself, made-up. :/

And there's no way they're going to be able to make the game's story look interesting at all if they try to cram it into an exposition dump in a single episode. They'd be much better off coming up with a smaller backstory using characters and elements they've already introduced in this arc. As for explaining why Reshiram is there... there's any number of ways for it to awaken and meet N that don't involve a trainer we haven't met and probably never will. Hilbert is not necessary in the anime.

They'd be much better off coming up with a smaller backstory using characters and elements they've already introduced in this arc.
You mean like Anthea and Concordia who will debut in this episode, or Ghetsis who will do so tomorrow? Yes, they certainly are very developed characters.

As for explaining why Reshiram is there... there's any number of ways for it to awaken and meet N that don't involve a trainer we haven't met and probably never will.
Care to elaborate?

Last edited:
They'd be much better off coming up with a smaller backstory using characters and elements they've already introduced in this arc.
You mean like Anthea and Concordia who will debut in this episode, or Ghetsis who will do so tomorrow? Yes, they certainly are very developed characters.

As for explaining why Reshiram is there... there's any number of ways for it to awaken and meet N that don't involve a trainer we haven't met and probably never will.
Care to elaborate?

Antheia and Concordia's introductions have been foreshadowed by the opening and ending, at least, and Ghetsis has already appeared. Hilbert... not so much.

And do you really need me to sit here and come up with reasons for N to meet Reshiram that don't involve Hilbert? He could have been there during a previous attempt by Ghetsis to awaken the dragon, he could have sought it out himself intending to have it help him save Pokemon from people... it could be literally anything at this point, given what little we know. But there is no reason for it to default to the game's story in that one place when the anime's taken a different approach to most of the rest of N and Plasma's story already. Why is Hilbert so important?

Preview.

Shows A&C healing Pokemon, N snuggling with a Pidove, TP grunts with a Muk, a few battle scenes, and flashbacks of N, Ghetsis, and Reshiram.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom