• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review BW118: N's Secret... To The Other Side of the Mist!

I liked the episode, I especially enjoyed N trying to convince Helena and Verbena that Satoshi-tachi are good to Pokémon, it was quite adorable.

Except he's done that forever, BW or not...
I know, I made it for the joke sake. He would scan everyday if it wasn't for May and Dawn anyway, so that wasn't so tiring as it is now.

Really a heavy-dialogue episode, but a nice one. I was excited when the Seven Sages appeared, but then the following scenes came and I was disappointed. Too bad they will likely pass out with only that flashback as a cameo.

Also, getting to my previous joke, it remembered me that part of BW1 games, when you meet N in Chargestone Cave, after the battle:
http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/N#Chargestone_Cave said:
"Professor Juniper, what are you thinking? You appear to have no qualms about the relationship between Pokémon and people. You put Pokémon into categories using arbitrary rules and think you can understand them like that... The very idea of a Pokédex revolts me. What do you have to say for yourself?"

Can someone answer my doubts,,
1. Why did Reshiram destroy the castle??
2. What reason did Ash & co end up in Dragonspiral tower??

I usually prefer episodes that have a lot of humor or a lot of battle. But this one was very very good for many reasons.

I quit Pokemon Black before finishing the story but I liked how they're handling N. I think I like Gethis more than Ginga-dan's boss now. Achroma is just hateful, and I mean in a 'they've done a good job making him a despicable guy' sort of hateful.
One of the high points here for me was seeing Rocket-dan not acting like every generic drone in the anime anymore. Sure they had less than 3 minutes of appearance, but they weren't forcing serious faces and unexpressive tones of voices. I hope this means they're gonna be fun again soon. Even if they don't go as far as reverting them to pre-BW.

I got confuse with the Reshiram part though. That part of the story bothered me a bit. So angry Reshiram attacks the castle and the two women immediately conclude Gethis is a liar?

This episode was heavily dialogue based, so even with subs, I had to pay close attention to it.

I was glad they mixed up BW and B2W2 in the flashbacks - N in his small playroom and Ghetsis saying that he's raising N to be the leader of Team Plasma.

The question is - does N consider Ghetsis as his father, like in the games? I don't think I heard N calling Ghetsis as his "father".

Gah, maybe the next episodes will show the rest of the past.

Btw, Colress has something on his mind? Angie looks as if she's getting suspicious of him... (I haven't seen the next episode yet)

Spectrum Achromatic:

Achroma has proven himself to be a generally untrustworthy character (both in the episode before this and in the later episode with Nyasu) as well as having questionable loyalty... he's unpredictable. Everyone else is upset that Pikachu broke out of the control of his machine, while he's excited by the resultant findings. He's more interested in what he can discover, it seems, to the point that it gets in the way of him being fully aligned with them.

So, this unreliability is probably why Angie is suspicious of him. She's much more serious and dedicated to her job, so it's either just their difference in approach to their jobs that's causing her not to trust him ooooor she's suspecting him to do something that will actively hinder them. We don't know anything else so far!

This episode was heavily dialogue based, so even with subs, I had to pay close attention to it.

Those subs were for the most part just made-up bullshit, for that matter, so it's not like you understood most of the actual dialogue anyway.

It was very dialogue based. Like I couldn't figure out why N made them leave at the end.

But, very good episode, I just saw the subbed version.

I still have yet to see BW118, but it looks really promising.
And hearing about it from you guys makes me even more excited!

N's a great character, and I'd love to see how they convey his past in the anime.

Please note: The thread is from 11 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom