• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview BW119: Rocket-dan VS Plasma-dan! Nyarth and Achroma!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
This sure looks like it will be a fun episode. I am still disappointed that it has nothing to do with the two parter but whatever.

I guess it's pretty much confirmed that TR will lose which will cause them to team up with Looker. I hope Ash will do more than just train with Charizard and Pignite. It seems a bit weird if he would just train his Pokemon and ignore the castle that's in front of him.

I hope Ash will do more than just train with Charizard and Pignite. It seems a bit weird if he would just train his Pokemon and ignore the castle that's in front of him.
I don't see why he should be training at all at the expense of furthering the story. He will have plenty of time to train after Episode N is over, and so far we don't know if he has anything to train for.

Villains Team Up! (even though its temporary. I just love the idea of the bad guys teaming up to make life miserable for kids & animals :grin:

Last edited:
Let's just hope Team Rocket use a different motto... I'll throw up if an episode focused on them has the same motto animation they've been using for ages.

I don't see why he should be training at all at the expense of furthering the story. He will have plenty of time to train after Episode N is over, and so far we don't know if he has anything to train for.

Seems like we finally agree about something then.

Dat preview... dat preview... Firstly, I think we could do without the Charizard and Pignite scene, it's cool and all, but it just seems a bit random since the rest of the preview is all Team Rocket and Team Plasma. Second, I don't speak Japanese, so does anyone know that sound they make at 0:12? It sounds kinda creepy. Thirdly, Jessie, I know you've never gotten to narrate a preview in the entire series, but CALM DOWN! Saying the title isn't that exciting. But overall, looks like an exciting episode, but I'm confused. Are the TRio and Plasma teaming up or is the TRio going to stab Plasma in the back?

Still not liking the fact that Pignite is still on the team, but I guess that won't be changing soon. That really looked like a seismic toss, hope it's true. Though I wonder why Ash is doing training so randomly after the events of the last episode.

Though I wonder why Ash is doing training so randomly after the events of the last episode.
Maybe it's a setup for Ash and N's confrontation in the next episode. N will ask him what he's been doing in the castle, only to be shocked to learn that he's been wasting his time on training.

It looks like this will be a calm before the storm ep, since it's going to be the only one out of the final 6 Episode N eps where N won't have a major role (otherwise, he shouldn't have left at the last episode). It will also be a nice TR episode, which is fine to me, as this 50-50 version of JJM hasn't been showcased a lot. I hope we get a bit more character from Jessie/James, and finally the good ol' Meowth will shine once again. The Colress part means years of talking, though...

It's one of the few episodes ever of which I have high hopes, because the last 2 were pretty nice as well.

EDIT: Surprised to see Ash training his weaker Fire-types against Charizard. Surprised to see Seismic Toss as well! I am pretty sure they will f*ck it up, though, and Charizard will just learn Circle Throw or something (they love that move in BW, Montgomery's Throh and Cameron's Lucario agree with me...)

Well the tower was kinda far away. Maybe they took a lunch break and something happens between Pignite and Charizard that makes them want to train with each other. Im pretty sure it's just so Ash and co will have something to do so the episode can be mostly Team Rocket & Team Plasma. They probably don't want to advance the plot with the tower in an episode where Ash and co doesn't play a big part. It's not like he's in a hurry, anyways.

Though I wonder why Ash is doing training so randomly after the events of the last episode.
Maybe it's a setup for Ash and N's confrontation in the next episode. N will ask him what he's been doing in the castle, only to be shocked to learn that he's been wasting his time on training.

He's a trainer. Training is expected, he's always happy and in high spirits and roaring and ready to get stronger. It makes perfect sense he would be training in his free time. Badge quest or not badge quest. His Pokemon are still Pokemon and living being and I doubt the writers are writing Satoshi and his Pokemon in the mentality that they have a "clock" going. We see Iris training Pokemon outside of Dragons, technically that would be wasting her time, correct? At least the training looks entertaining and might have a payoff at the end and the whole episode isn't centralized around it. It's most likely a minuscule B-Plot for the episode or simple moment to inform us of what Satoshi-tachi are up to while Team Rocket are doing their thing.

I mentioned this in another thread a while back, but Charizard helping Pignite train (or in this case, kicking his ass) is exactly what I've been wanting to see Ash do throughout his regional travels, using his older Pokemon to train up the power of his newer ones so that they can win badges for him. The fresh start philosophy isn't going to do him much good if he's losing all the time, and in the Unova region he's losing all the time in stereo. The fact that he was trying to use the Donamite tournament to power up his Scraggy shows how desperate he is to strengthen his team.

Course, what I'd love to see is Ash using Infernape to help Pignite train, only for the two to have a scuffle that gets them lost, and they have to try and settle their grudges to travel west to get back to Ash.

Colress is going to be so good in this episode I can totally tell the way he gave that smirk. And Who Else here is a Colress fan because I kind of am and him and Meowth is going to be really good. Also, MY 200th Post has happened and I feel really Great About It.

Are the Genesect appearing in some computer/flashback version or in reality.. Would be great if they debuted in anime(reality) before the movie...

Are the Genesect appearing in some computer/flashback version or in reality.. Would be great if they debuted in anime(reality) before the movie...

All we know is that a blurb in Pokemon Fan said "Genesect will appear in the TV anime March 28th".

The Pignite subplot is such a waste of time. I don't care for Pokémon that think they deserve to win all the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom