• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review BW119: Rocket-dan VS Plasma-dan! Nyarth and Achroma!!

Finally got to see the episode.

So, forget the Satoshi plot, I want to know what the fuck was the point of that Rocket vs. Plasma storyline. It didn't advance the plot, we didn't learn anything useful from it (wow, Dr. Achroma can control pokemon with a machine...still!), it wasn't entertaining...the whole thing could have been skipped without any problem.

And a single pun doesn't make up for the other 15 minutes or so of bland awfulness.

Also, how is it that this fandom basically creams its pants whenever some underaged girl is seen to have even the *tiniest* bit of skin exposed and yet something like this:

angie_assets.png

...goes almost a week without being brought up?

Maybe because I watched this episode first in low quality and barely noticed it?

Fine, I'll say it. DAT ASS!!!!

Yeah, I do wish Team Plasma did a little more than just another mind control episode. There was that Wargle episode, but only 2 TP grunts got the involvement there.

My favorite part was Ash letting all of his Pokemon out and Charizard shooting Flamethrower out into the sky next to the Unova Pokemon. I basically read that as "I'm way more popular than any of you ever will be".

So, forget the Satoshi plot, I want to know what the fuck was the point of that Rocket vs. Plasma storyline. It didn't advance the plot, we didn't learn anything useful from it (wow, Dr. Achroma can control pokemon with a machine...still!), it wasn't entertaining...the whole thing could have been skipped without any problem.

And a single pun doesn't make up for the other 15 minutes or so of bland awfulness.

Also, how is it that this fandom basically creams its pants whenever some underaged girl is seen to have even the *tiniest* bit of skin exposed and yet something like this:

angie_assets.png

dogasu-chan, sore ga kidzuku no wa muzukashi

anyway, the episode was decent so far. Team Rocket was good for once. ^^

Hi, QuietDragon! *waves* ^_^ Ah, OK, I knew she didn't say it regularly.

I can agree with the blandness part for some of it. I'm just one of those fans that goes "Ooo, Rockets!" whenever they get more than 30 seconds of screentime. X3
I like Team Plasma's in-game costumes more...

I wonder if, now that they know Nyasu can whip up tornadoes with his Fury Swipes, that they'll actually use that ability.

angie_assets.png

Actually seeing TR being semi competent was good for me lol.

Lol this was what I noticed when I first saw it and I'm gay lol

angie_assets.png

1rkhachatryan-chan, chisana o shiri o ketsuraku shite iru gei? No way! I missed it as well. XD

but I watched for the Rocket-dan. Which I liked them in the middle for once. Not robotic but not over goofy. ^^

angie_assets.png

1rkhachatryan-chan, chisana o shiri o ketsuraku shite iru gei? No way! I missed it as well. XD

but I watched for the Rocket-dan. Which I liked them in the middle for once. Not robotic but not over goofy. ^^

What does that translate to lol??

angie_assets.png

There's your answer, Dogasu. Most of them probably figure that Angie isn't underaged, and thus they didn't get the same rush.

Joking, mostly.

But yeah, the part of my mind that was stuck in the gutter sort of noticed that shot.

Please note: The thread is from 11 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom