• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review BW119: Rocket-dan VS Plasma-dan! Nyarth and Achroma!!

Eh, to be honest I expected more from the TR plot, but enjoyed the B-plot, it was creative and kind of cute XD

Oww, poor Pignite! Especially after being thrown by Charizard. I imagine that would make things worse rather than better.

That Chaobu thing was really...dumb...felt like they just needed something for Satoshi-tachi to do. This is why I'm against on-screen training, the training did to ignite Chaobu's fire was a chore to watch at times.

EDITS:Whoops, I shouldn't reply early in the morning.

Last edited:
But it wasn't training. It was very pointless, but it's completely in-character for Satoshi to stop whatever he's doing to help his Pokémon, so I don't really mind.

So much for Genesect being relevant to Episode N. Mewtwo's cameo was more significant than that.

Considering that N is clearly worried about Genesect, it will be weird to see him just move on after the White Ruins climax is over.

So Charizard can do that to Pignite while not knowing Seismic Toss anymore?

Beyond finding it amazing how effective Team Rocket's barrier stuff was on this particular occasion unlike all others, I didn't remotely understand the rest of the episode, so I'll just find the side story amusing and leave it at that until the dub.

The thing with Choabu seemed really out of place and just plain weird. It was oddly cute, but just, why? Satoshi couldn't have spent that time training his Pokemon or something instead of something being stuck up its nose? okay. Just like Rocket Dan wasn't necessary in many episodes of Best Wishes, Satoshi & Co felt like they weren't necessary in this one, even if this is technically their story.

The Rocket Dan/Achroma/Nyasu stuff was definitely interesting.

ACHROMA LAUGHING THOUGH

tumblr_mkd8g2vxBM1qbgiw9o2_500.jpg

He's just like "lol naw man"

It was great to see the Genesect cameo, i wonder in the movie we will see the N ceremony and the Reshiram attack!

So instead of a practice battle between two of Ash's greatest Fire-type pokemon, the writers give us a subplot about how Pignite was unable to use Flamethrower as a result of the Bullet Seeds that were stuck in its nasal cavities from the battle in the previous episode? And Charizard threw Pignite to help it resolve that problem? Writers, why do you tease us?

Other than that, I'm happy we get to see Frillish again after nine episodes.

Now this is the kind of stuff we've always wanted to see from two evil teams duking it out. I wonder why Meowth is nyagotiating with Colress, and why he wants the evil beam used on himself. Regardless, now TR knows the flaw in the beam. (Unless that was the point) The junk with Ash and co. can die in a fire. Why is this saga so stunted? It's like you can't decide what you are. This is not going to reflect well in my evaluation. TO BE CONTINUED...

I felt like there was way too much going on in this episode and most of it was unimportant. Pignite's Flamethrower problem, the grunts stuck in the woods, and N's flashback being squished into this episode seemed...kind of random. The Pignite issue seemed just useless and I think that could been replaced with something more relevant, like actual training.

However, I thought it was so funny how small Krookodile was in comparison to Charizard and Dragonite. I'll give this episode a 7/10.

Couldn't they atleast make Musashi, Kojiro and Nyasu more in-character for a Rocket-centred episode? Is that too much asked?

Other then that, the Chaoboo subplot was weird but funny.

I laughed so hard at the scene where Ash, Iris and Axew looked up Pignite's nostrils XD That was so weird, especially the perspective we saw it from.

And then the whole let's-just-jump-like-nobody's-business seance afterwards, too cute. Although Ash's unorthodox way of having Charizard throw Pignite around to force the bullet seed out left me in a bit of worry. What happened to using isotonic saltwater to flush the nostrils, geez! Iris' solution was simple but effective, typical "nature-like" solution coming from her. Loved this subplot XD

Meowth was fierce! Loved how Jessie and James snapped him out of it, though. While they don't display it as often anymore, their close friendship still shines through. In their own, robotic competent kind of way.. Nice little episode before the real action starts.

What the fuck did I just watch? It was a good episode, don't get me wrong. But this was all just so bizarre.

Oh come on guys, we all know Satoshi doesn't train his Pokemon anymore... he uses the Heart of the Cards to win battles now.

Oh come on guys, we all know Satoshi doesn't train his Pokemon anymore... he uses the Heart of the Cards to win battles now.

I don't know what's sadder; that I laughed like crazy at that, or the fact that you're absolutely right.

This episode tried to cram together three different stories at once, spreading itself way too thin.

This is really one of those episodes that make me miss pre-Unova Team Rocket. I think the writers too often try to pass a generic personality as "badass and mature". While they did effectively give Team Plasma a hard time, their flat out lack of personality and dull surprise expressions made me not care.

Aaaand the Pignite subplot. Jees, to think I thought Ash was actually going to be training his Pignite after that blunder in last week's episode. How hopelessly naive of me. How did a Bullet Seed even get caught in his nostril if the attack is energy-based pellets? Oh wait, they conveniently changed it into a physical object... except it should have been roasted the second he tried a Flamethrower since it's made of plant-matter... .... ...Stupid subplot!!

Aaaand the Pignite subplot. Jees, to think I thought Ash was actually going to be training his Pignite after that blunder in last week's episode. How hopelessly naive of me. How did a Bullet Seed even get caught in his nostril if the attack is energy-based pellets? Oh wait, they conveniently changed it into a physical object... except it should have been roasted the second he tried a Flamethrower since it's made of plant-matter... .... ...Stupid subplot!!
Oh, please, you're trying to apply logic to a show about kids who travel the world carrying giant monsters in tiny balls that can turn even smaller while defeating villains the police is too incompetent to defeat? Not to mention all kids have a Bag of Holding for a backpack. And let's not forget that the laws of thermodynamics and conservation of mass are broken once a minute.

...but yes, it does suck how he never trains his Pokémon anymore.

Please note: The thread is from 11 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom