• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview BW122 "Reshiram VS N! Beyond Truth and Ideals!!"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: BW??? - Climax

Wow. That was quick o_o

I just hope these episodes take a while to air. Not only do we still have a good way to go before Gen 6, but there's tying Episode N into the next movie.

I feel real sorry for TP :-(. Unless they make some more appearances between now and when these episodes air, they won't even have been in 10 episodes (barely over five if they don't). And here I thought they'd break the record for apperances by a non-TR villain team :-( (so much for the Shadow Triad and the Sages...)

I'll never get why the producers feel the need to rush through things. You'd think they'd want a storyline to last a little longer so they have more to actually work with and not have to brainstorm fillers and mini-arcs :eek:hdear: (though that's probably a LOTeasier for them...)

None of these titles make me think the Red Genosect is going to show up in April.

So unless that happens in March...maybe we'll see the movie Genosect show up in some weird post-Episode N storyline?

So there is still time for Ash to re-enter the Indigo league and then enter the Champion league, thank god.

I knew this gen wouldn't end without some sort of final tournament for Ash to win.

Darn. I hoped this saga would last almost until XY's release. Episode N's going to end in Japan around the time it debuts in English.

The N vs. Reshiram title (part 3) sounds interesting. Will Reshiram turn against him or something? It'll also be interesting to see what other movie tie-ins come up in the series, because they like to debut movies between specific times. (before/ after somebody evolves/ captured, etc.) Will Genesect or even Mewtwo get an extra subplot? Or do you think they'll cop out and do another tournament? (a bigger PWT as an excuse to cameo more older characters)

So there is still time for Ash to re-enter the Indigo league and then enter the Champion league, thank god.

I knew this gen wouldn't end without some sort of final tournament for Ash to win.

That's just plain...random and really out there.

Anyway, I wonder what the next saga's gonna be called. Best Wishes We Don't Even Fucking Know Anymore Season X

I just realized that if there is a 4th BW series with a new name, that means Iris and Cilan will officially be in more series than any other characters.

Its almost as if the writers know that since this gen is only 3 years, they want to make it seem like Iris/Cilan are in multiple sagas due to these name changes.

I'm kind of happy to be honest. Episode N is ok, but it's still nothing to write home about. I guess we'll know for sure when Charizard appears.

But if this really is Iris and Cilan's last saga than the writers should rightfully dedicate these last five months to closure for them. I expect to see Langley and Cabarnet, if not it's just wasted potential.

Anyone else get a tournament vibe? Think about it: ever since the Sinnoh League in 2010-which was a hit-there has been tournaments every summer since.

Summer 2010: Sinnoh League-Epic
Summer 2011: Don Battle-Horrible
Summer 2012: Junior Cup-Even more Horrible

It's only to be expected that Summer 2013 will give us another tournament, but let's just pray it's a good one. Personally I'd take some specials seeing Haruka, Hikari, Kasumi over another tournament but in fairness to Iris and Cilan I guess it's only right.

But no more Iris glorification, just let her enter with Emolga or something.

It's a pity that Episode N is ending as soon as April, I was hoping it would go on until around the time X/Y came, then again, the writers cannot really keep a long story arc that isn't the simple "Get 8 badges then lose the league for the umpteenth time".

That's one of my problems with the anime, it cannot keep a story arc for so long, usually it's just a bunch of filler episodes, then an occasional two part episode, then more filler. When there's no new gym quest going on, they always have Ash do something similar to one, such as the Orange Islands and the Battle Frontier for instance. Episode N is obviously there for fan-service, and given that even IT has filler episodes, such as the upcoming Ampharos episode, it's obvious that the writers cannot really write a lengthy story arc, only simple episodic episodes.

In the short time between Episode N and X/Y (which is obviously going to be longer than X/Y), they're obviously going to think of something, though given the usual style of the anime, it's likely going to be some tournament arc or something like that, since the anime seems to think that everything that involves Pokemon is solely competitions and nothing more.

It was obvious a villain team arc wasn't going to last long. None of the previous villains got more than 9 episodes a region.

It was obvious a villain team arc wasn't going to last long. None of the previous villains got more than 9 episodes a region.
This early though, now there's the shocker. I do believe however that while Reshiram is being faced in April, this will likely end in mid-may, with the final episodes tying things up nicely.

This early though, now there's the shocker. I do believe however that while Reshiram is being faced in April, this will likely end in mid-may, with the final episodes tying things up nicely.
It's been confirmed that the April three-parter is the climax, with the last episode airing on the 18th. I don't see why there would need to be more episodes, anyway. What needs to be tied up after the climax?

Did not know that. I meant like final goodbyes with N, Ash packing his things leaving for Kanto, stuff like that. Now I'm really interested in how the next saga will start, if the Reshiram episode is the final one.

I really can't see them doing anything like that at all. They have no interest in getting Ash into a Champion League.

The Fighting Misty said:
I just realized that if there is a 4th BW series with a new name, that means Iris and Cilan will officially be in more series than any other characters.

Its almost as if the writers know that since this gen is only 3 years, they want to make it seem like Iris/Cilan are in multiple sagas due to these name changes.

I don't think that's the case either. BW is still just one series and all the different titles aren't separate series. I certainly don't see any difference with season two compared to the first chuck of BW and it's just an excuse to promote the anime more without actually having a new series. Iris and Cilan will still be only in one series, assuming that Cilan also leaves at the end of BW.

Anyway, I am disappointed that the climax is coming so soon. I was hoping that they could make it last until October, but considering that they would have had months without a badge/battle drive quest, that might have been expecting too much in retrospect. Still, hopefully they'll end Episode N on a good note and can do something decent in the remaining few months before X/Y come out.

I just Do Not know If I should be really Happy about this Or be Really Pissed Off at the Writers for doing this. A whole Month they are taking a break from doing any episodes and they are getting for something more than there rap up of the N Saga. I think the Writers are planning something really big that this is something that is going to catch us off guard and we are not going to expect what we thought was going to happen and what are The Writers Planning right now.

I think what I find especially hilarious about this is how much they relentlessly hyped Episode N before it started, leading us to think they intentionally made the Unova League shitty so they could pile all their efforts into Episode N, and... it's only going to last 13 episodes hahahaha what the fuck is this.

I sort of forget whether or not this was actually true, but isn't N confirmed to be appearing in the Genesect movie, which will be coming out like three months after Episode N is over with? What's the deal with that? How the hell can they truly have a Genesect movie without Team Plasma, anyway?

I just... hahahaha, none of this makes sense. I love it. Yeah, 13 episodes is not gonna make up for this entire bullshit series no matter how good they are. Believe it or not I'm quite sure, at worst, they'll be decent episodes. It's just... snrk... ALL THAT HYPE... all of it, for just 13 episodes, and whatever filler bullshit that comes after this will be twice as long at least. That's just RICH.

Most anime only have a 13 episode run. The N arc getting 13 episodes is similar to other shows.

Oh, I'm quite aware of that. But it makes zero sense in the context of the Pokemon anime because it has always been very unorthodox in that regard. Especially considering... however the hell long Best Wishes "Season 2" was, and how long vanilla Best Wishes was. I don't believe they amounted to the magic number of episodes most traditional shows go by.

I'm glad the N arc will be short lived, they probably are planning a Giovanni/TR conclusion afterward anyway.

I sort of forget whether or not this was actually true, but isn't N confirmed to be appearing in the Genesect movie, which will be coming out like three months after Episode N is over with? What's the deal with that? How the hell can they truly have a Genesect movie without Team Plasma, anyway?
Neither N nor Team Plasma are confirmed to be in the movie. The Genesect army will appear in Episode N (most likely next month in one of the Castelia City episodes), but they don't need to follow Team Plasma's commands in the actual movie, as Movie 1 proved with Mewtwo.

Man, I'm calling Episode N the next Best Wishes S2. A lot of hype, then we get nothing (or horribleness).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom