• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview BW122 "Reshiram VS N! Beyond Truth and Ideals!!"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: BW??? - Climax

Most anime only have a 13 episode run. The N arc getting 13 episodes is similar to other shows.

True, but Pokemon arcs haven't had runs of similar length compared to other series, so it's still surprising, especially with how much they hyped it up. It wasn't quite as much as season two in general, but the amount of promotion it got still made it look like it was going to be a longer arc than thirteen episodes.

Who cares about N, or Reshiram. I just wanna see some Looker action.

At least one of the last two March episodes will most likely deal with N's past as implied by the ending (much to the dismay of those hoping for a retconned version of the Team Rocket vs Team Plasma two-parter). Anthea and Concordia need to be showcased, and even Gardevoir and Gothitelle are in the March calendar, so I think we'll see the forest where N grew up. Perhaps N being overwhelmed with memories will lead to his confrontation with Ash.

Well, that's interesting. Though I suppose there's just not too much that can be done with a "filler" arc dedicated just to a villainous team. Hopefully, the ending will be good to at least live up to the hype of such a short-lived season.

The Writers just wanted N and Team Plasma just show up in the Anime and then just get rid of them and then Start something else that will last possibly to the Summer or the Beginning of the Fall.

Out of 13 eps we get 3 fillers at least (113/114/115), 2 introductory (109/110), one needed-for-marketing (111), one for Charizard (116, even though there is a worse possibility this will be filler too!) and 4 Team Plasmas (112, 3 climax).

Do you call that a series or anything? Anyway, going on, we are going to show Team Plasma in no more than 4-5 eps. Can the 3 out 5 eps be called a CLIMAX? Heck, they will be more than the half we get to ever seefrom TP.

I just hope we get some Iris/Cilan/Tournament things later on, so we will have a nice summer. Keep Charizard till BW's end to make it interesting and finally call BW a past.

Out-of-the-blue question: Can't they make a timing-balanced series in Pokemon? First, we got the 191-Sinnoh arc DP and now this...
If this keeps on to XY, I am officially stopping watching.

The climax of the battle events in April doesn't mean the end of episode N - the opening still points to a lot of things not covered in the known episodes about N's backstory - Reshiram vs N is as much a beginning of a storyline as the end of one.

The climax of the battle events in April doesn't mean the end of episode N - the opening still points to a lot of things not covered in the known episodes about N's backstory - Reshiram vs N is as much a beginning of a storyline as the end of one.
CoroCoro says that this will be the climax and conclusion of Episode N. N's past (which is alluded to in the ending rather than the opening) could easily be covered in one or both of the remaining March episodes (as implied by Gardevoir and Gothitelle's inclusion in the March calendar), and obviously it will also be relevant to the climax itself.

While I'm disapointed that this will be a short arc while a lot of the episodes this series will be mostly fillers I still have to say I'm looking forward to these episodes and Charizard returning.

Ash V.S N and Ash/N V.S Team Plasma should be fun.

I don't know what they are going to do after this though, they need time to fill in space for the next series after all. I guess they could do another tournament arc, one big arc with Ash winning one finally.

Hah, I guess at the beginning that the actual "N Saga" would be extremely short, like every "saga" the show's done before.

But yeah, who knows how they're fill in the rest. Another return to Kanto to perhaps work in a Mewtwo plot to fit in with the movie?

Return to Kanto saga would be pretty fun, it doesn't always have to be a one episode type thing.

I just... hahahaha, none of this makes sense. I love it. Yeah, 13 episodes is not gonna make up for this entire bullshit series no matter how good they are. Believe it or not I'm quite sure, at worst, they'll be decent episodes. It's just... snrk... ALL THAT HYPE... all of it, for just 13 episodes, and whatever filler bullshit that comes after this will be twice as long at least. That's just RICH.

I fail to see what doesn't make sense. 13 episodes is more than any previous evil Team arc we've ever had, did some people seriously think that we would get nothing but Team Plasma action right until October? And if they did stretch it out that much, that's like...1 Plasma ep to every 3 fillers. IMO it's much better if they condense those episodes into a coherent arc instead of diluting them in a sea of unrelated episodes like they usually do.

You know what I predict for the months following episode N? Gen 6 plugging. And I'm ok with that :p

Return to Kanto saga would be pretty fun, it doesn't always have to be a one episode type thing.

I'd love a few episodes where the gang are situated in Pallet and go on little adventures around town. Remember the pre-Kanto League episodes in Series 1? Those were pretty neat, and unlike anything we really got later on. Plus now they could use it to give all the Oak Pokemon screentime.

Or, a Cilan-based Arc. I'd been wanting to see the Sommelier Society appear, and in my head it would end up being some sort of secretly corrupt organization like the Soul Society in Bleach where they end up focusing on their own tastes over the feeling of trainers.

N's past (which is alluded to in the ending rather than the opening) could easily be covered in one or both of the remaining March episodes (as implied by Gardevoir and Gothitelle's inclusion in the March calendar), and obviously it will also be relevant to the climax itself.
I meant the opening - now that I look it up I'm talking about Anthea and Concordia, who make an appearance in the opening but don't seem to have an episode yet. Perhaps that's in March, but would they really put that many plot centric episodes in a row. I really can't see N vs Reshiram being the total conclusion of everything related to N - but I suppose if that's what CoroCoro says then so be it, however I can't see how they fit everything in before these episodes and would still expect another episode with N and Ash after it.

N's past (which is alluded to in the ending rather than the opening) could easily be covered in one or both of the remaining March episodes (as implied by Gardevoir and Gothitelle's inclusion in the March calendar), and obviously it will also be relevant to the climax itself.
I meant the opening - now that I look it up I'm talking about Anthea and Concordia, who make an appearance in the opening but don't seem to have an episode yet. Perhaps that's in March, but would they really put that many plot centric episodes in a row.
As long as it isn't an action-driven episode, it should be fine. The episode right before the three-parter shouldn't be a filler, as we need to understand what would make Ash and N clash. Anthea and Concordia should appear before the climax so that they don't look like an afterthought.

I hope that Zoroark debuts in the three-parter.

CoroCoro says that this will be the climax and conclusion of Episode N. N's past (which is alluded to in the ending rather than the opening) could easily be covered in one or both of the remaining March episodes (as implied by Gardevoir and Gothitelle's inclusion in the March calendar), and obviously it will also be relevant to the climax itself.
Then we have to wait until April for them to unveil the new arc for Best Wishes, though I expected them to create their own region just to patch some time for the release of X/Y. Also, this might be the Climax for Best Wishes as well seeing that ShoPro don't want to stay in Unova/Isshu any longer.

Then we have to wait until April for them to unveil the new arc for Best Wishes, though I expected them to create their own region just to patch some time for the release of X/Y. Also, this might be the Climax for Best Wishes as well seeing that ShoPro don't want to stay in Unova/Isshu any longer.
Whatever the next saga is, it will still be part of Best Wishes. It may or may not be set in Unova.

At most, it'll be 14 episodes, actually. You seem to have overlooked a week in March.

More like I seemed to see people before me citing 13 episodes and went with that rather than actually count the weeks myself.

I fail to see what doesn't make sense. 13 episodes is more than any previous evil Team arc we've ever had, did some people seriously think that we would get nothing but Team Plasma action right until October?

The comparison falls flat because unlike the other evil teams, we pretty much had to wait for TWO YEARS to get any sort of screentime out of Team Plasma (with reasonable doubt that they were going to appear at all thanks to the banned 2-parter), so even though Team Galactic didn't get as many episodes, they were introduced to us much earlier on and their saga was spaced out over a much longer period of time in which we got used to them and had a lot more time in which to actually discuss and speculate about them. And barring the current lack of any other news of what lies in store for the anime beyond Episode N, and given that Ash's main reason for being in Unova has been blown on the most rushed League in the anime's history (since it was presumed by many that they weren't rushing the League for no reason - and Episode N was the only available reason there was), and how far in advance Episode N itself was advertised, then I don't think it's crazy to think they were somehow going to stretch Episode N through the majority of the wait until Gen VI.

Maybe it's just me, but making us wait over 2 years to introduce Team Plasma only to completely blow its load by cramming all their episodes together so that we only get to see them for a couple of months out of the 3 years total this series is taking is just very poor planning and I much preferred how they gradually integrated teams into the series in the past, even if they didn't have as many episodes overall. If Best Wishes still had a reason to keep going beyond merchandising (having an actual story to tell, that is), I likely would have overlooked this more, but now all the hype just for this short period of time when there's still an empty space more than twice the size of what Episode N that they have nothing useful to do with other than introduce us Gen VI Pokemon? No, this is screams at me how poorly-planned this series is.

You know what I predict for the months following episode N? Gen 6 plugging. And I'm ok with that :p

Good for you...? Personally I kind of hope the next 6 months aren't solely dedicated to teasing at Gen VI. Sure, they've done cross-generation promotion in the anime lots of times before, but... they haven't dedicated nearly 30 straight episodes for that sole purpose. The staff just keeps giving me reasons to want Best Wishes over with.

The comparison falls flat because unlike the other evil teams, we pretty much had to wait for TWO YEARS to get any sort of screentime out of Team Plasma (with reasonable doubt that they were going to appear at all thanks to the banned 2-parter), so even though Team Galactic didn't get as many episodes, they were introduced to us much earlier on and their saga was spaced out over a much longer period of time in which we got used to them and had a lot more time in which to actually discuss and speculate about them. And barring the current lack of any other news of what lies in store for the anime beyond Episode N, and given that Ash's main reason for being in Unova has been blown on the most rushed League in the anime's history (since it was presumed by many that they weren't rushing the League for no reason - and Episode N was the only available reason there was), and how far in advance Episode N itself was advertised, then I don't think it's crazy to think they were somehow going to stretch Episode N through the majority of the wait until Gen VI.

Maybe it's just me, but making us wait over 2 years to introduce Team Plasma only to completely blow its load by cramming all their episodes together so that we only get to see them for a couple of months out of the 3 years total this series is taking is just very poor planning and I much preferred how they gradually integrated teams into the series in the past, even if they didn't have as many episodes overall. If Best Wishes still had a reason to keep going beyond merchandising (having an actual story to tell, that is), I likely would have overlooked this more, but now all the hype just for this short period of time when there's still an empty space more than twice the size of what Episode N that they have nothing useful to do with other than introduce us Gen VI Pokemon? No, this is screams at me how poorly-planned this series is.

Well, they were going to show up in the cancelled TP Vs TR Two-Parter. It's not like the writers could have done anything to stop the earthquake from killing thousands of lives and prevent the cancellation of the episodes. We only thought that it would last until October because we mislead ourselves into thinking so because we didn't consider that the writers could possible put in another saga after Episode N. The amount of advertising has never meant that its amount would equate to there being more episodes. It could have meant that, but it could have also meant to show how important the small arc was. I'd hardly call it poor planning. It's more forced planning. And anyway, after Episode N, it looks like there will be focus on the five Genesect, which will tie in with the movie. I'd say that's useful, since it helps to advertise a new Pokemon, Genesect, while also advertising some really old Pokemon like Mewtwo, who need the attention before Generation Six starts and has all the attention. It's already taking some of it with Ninfia's presence, but it's only in a short.

Anyway, I hope the climax of the saga turns out to be as exciting, interesting and entertaining as it sounds, with both Ghetsis and N having their roles conveyed properly. With how well N was conveyed and fleshed out in his introductory episode, I hope Ghetsis gets the same treatment and isn't portrayed to be a generic Pokemon villain. The Hunter J treatment would be good enough for me, but not too similar.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom