• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview BW123 - Farewell, Isshu! Setting Sail Once Again!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Playerking

Not-well known member.
Reaction score
Title: Farewell, Isshu! Setting Sail Once Again!!
Airs: April 25th.
Summary: Satoshi and friends embark on a journey to the Kanto Region by ship!

BW123_zpsdfcdbd0b.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Da is in the Kanto Region? So there's an island archipelago in the Kanto region that will be the home to Gen V pokemon like Oshawott and Dewott that, for all intents and purposes, shouldn't even be found in Kanto.

Talk about continuity writers.

Muk is probably Ash's that will be seen in another cameo similar to BW109.

This also puts a wrench into the dub production because Ash and co. will no longer have "Adventures in Unova."

Da is in the Kanto Region? So there's an island archipelago in the Kanto region that will be the home to Gen V pokemon like Oshawott and Dewott that, for all intents and purposes, shouldn't even be found in Kanto.

This also puts a wrench into the dub production because Ash and co. will no longer have "Adventures in Unova."
The most logical interpretation is that they explore the Decolora Islands on the way back to Kanto. So while the archipelago is definitely not part of Unova, it isn't part of Kanto, either. Even the Orange Islands and Sevii Islands are considered separate from Kanto.

I think that the Decolora Islands are based on the Hawaii archipelago, which is situated between Japan and North America. Both archipelagos consist of 8 islands, which is probably not a coincidence.

I assume that Ash will transfer all of his Unova reserves to Professor Oak, if not also Charizard. Even if he keeps the latter, he may start rotating between his old Pokémon, although I wouldn't bet on it just yet.

I assume that Ash will transfer all of his Unova reserves to Professor Oak, if not also Charizard. Even if he keeps the latter, he may start rotating between his old Pokémon.

I'd like to see one of Ash's old Pokemon rotated to his team for each episode of this saga.

Ash's Unova Journey is over (it should have been at BW108...)
I just don't think that he will return the reserves, though. Not until BW officialy ends. Not that we will see lots of Ash's reserves either. Charizard may leave (Decolora is no longer far enough for it to fly away), and Muk should be Ash's. Some little interaction with Prof. Oak is a must, because we may never see Juniper again.

Anyway, Ash/co leaving Unova was expected. Looking forward to BW124 news.

I'd like to see one of Ash's old Pokemon rotated to his team for each episode of this saga.
It's probably a coincidence, but if you take the number of reserves seen in Oak's ranch in the Season 2 opening (including Primeape), substract Charizard and add Butterfree, you get 23 Pokémon. That is very possibly the number of episodes left until the next generation.

My reactions to that picture:

4/4 = Cool!
4/11 = Whoo!
4/18 =FUCK YEAH!!
4/25 = ...wtf?

So...almost 70 episodes of just screwing around then?

Last edited:
My reactions to that picture:

4/4 = Cool!
4/11 = Whoo!
4/18 =FUCK YEAH!!
4/25 = ...wtf?

So...almost 70 episodes of just messing around then?

Why that reaction to Muk?

I don't think they'll be messing around, at least not 70 episodes or anywhere near that number since it's a bit of an exaggeration in my opinion.

There's obviously going to be some non filler episodes, like Oshawott development, maybe he gets a new move, Clair showing up again and Butterfree returning.

Anyway.

I personally see Oak appearing via a monitor call here and that's why a Muk is in this episode, because Muk could hug Oak like he usually does.

I hope Ash and co. battle Team Rocket on board the ship here and that the Pokemon he uses isn't Pikachu. Although, if he does use Pikachu to battle, I hope he also uses another Pokemon. Something like Snivy, Krookodile, Boldore, Oshawott or Unfezant.

Last edited:
Interesting, but...

At the dub, it'll be "Adventures in Unova (until BW14X)", so, it'll be Adventures in Unova near Kanto.

whoops dubbers you screwed up

unless the dubbers retcon it to being near Unova

I doubt Muk would be on the scan if all it gets is a 5 second cameo on the videophone with Oak.

Ash brought Muk back for a filler episode before. The Orange Islands episode where the Mayor sent his Bulbasaur into a sewer, Ash brought Muk back to track it in that episode because of its connection to sludge. Don't ask me why I remember this, I haven't watched that episode in like 10 years.

Muk here we come because I think you are a really good Blob that will get some focus.

Ash literally hasn't used Muk in battle since the Johto league which was exactly 10 years ago. Although Muk did get decent screentime in that one AG episode back at Oak's.

I'd like to see it again even for a filler.

Remember how you guys said The Fighting Misty was crazy for thinking a trip to the Indigo League or at least Kanto would occur in BW? Just look what happened now. Yup, way to bash the guy who pretty much predicted this correctly before all of us.

I myself can't really blame TPCi (the dubbers) for calling the dub season, "Adventures in Unova" for Season 16, seeing as they might not have known they would be heading to Kanto in BW123. If they did, though, it's just laziness and apathy on their part. However, I have a feeling it's the former in this case.

Anyway, maybe TRio might leave this saga after all. There's a good chance it may occur. It's no longer about Pikachu the way it was prior to BW so much as Ash's Pokemon altogether to TRio, they were pretty hyped in Episode N for returning to their older ways (not really to me, but moreso than when they turned serious at first in BW), and so on. I have a feeling we may be saying kudos to them after all.

Last edited:
I remember a lot of people guessing they'd go back to Kanto, especially when Iris and Cilan seemed content in going with Ash to Kanto in the first or second Episode N ep. And like half the people figured the Da arc would take place in Kanto. Plus there is 0 evidence Ash is re-challenging the Indigo League.

As for the TRio stuff, you're free to discuss it here: http://bmgf.bulbagarden.net/f555/will-bw-end-team-rocket-rocket-dan-109382/

I remember a lot of people guessing they'd go back to Kanto, especially when Iris and Cilan seemed content in going with Ash to Kanto in the first or second Episode N ep. And like half the people figured the Da arc would take place in Kanto. Plus there is 0 evidence Ash is re-challenging the Indigo League.

As for the TRio stuff, you're free to discuss it here: http://bmgf.bulbagarden.net/f555/will-bw-end-team-rocket-rocket-dan-109382/

True. I was mainly referring to the people who told him Kanto was completely out of the question. :)

Can't wait. Spring Break for Ash and Iris! But that does mean...

WAIT
FOR
IT...
The X&Y anime will come near November in America?

Best Wishes will end really soon. And that means they have to reveal Cilan's past and his parents or legel guardian sooner (someone has to raise Cilan and his brothers). I hope Cilan stays! Iris will go (my poor friend is really upset). I wonder who will be the new girl then? I hope they show Chili and Cress on DA. How is Cress doing? Whatever happened to Chili? And good news we might get to see Cilan in his swimsuit!! yay!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom