• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview BW123 - Farewell, Isshu! Setting Sail Once Again!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its just filler until they release Generation 6 in October then they'll make another series there... Same as the Battle Frontier when Ash went back to Kanto

So DA is in Kanto? o_O I just....why????? What's wrong with having an island archipelago off the coast of Isshu? Is there a reason why all of these Isshu pokemon are on Kanto islands? Maybe Kanto and Unova aren't as far away as we thought?

What's wrong with having an island archipelago off the coast of Isshu?
For one thing, New York has no archipelago in its vicinity.

Is there a reason why all of these Isshu pokemon are on Kanto islands? Maybe Kanto and Unova aren't as far away as we thought?
We don't know that the islands are in the proximity of Kanto. They could be anywhere between Unova and Kanto, with the latter being the destination.

What's wrong with having an island archipelago off the coast of Isshu?
For one thing, New York has no archipelago in its vicinity.

Is there a reason why all of these Isshu pokemon are on Kanto islands? Maybe Kanto and Unova aren't as far away as we thought?
We don't know that the islands are in the proximity of Kanto. They could be anywhere between Unova and Kanto, with the latter being the destination.

Hm, yeah, it's make sense if they were between Kanto & Isshu; would explain why there are both Kanto & Isshu pokemon there.

lets see the american dub get out of this one.. cant be adventures in unova since they are leaving unova now can it.. lol.. another forced name change for the dub lol Pokemon BW: Adventures in Dakora lol for a good whole 2 months..

lets see the american dub get out of this one.. cant be adventures in unova since they are leaving unova now can it.. lol.. another forced name change for the dub lol Pokemon BW: Adventures in Dakora lol for a good whole 2 months..

Unless they go out of their way to say the archepelago is politically part of Unova, like a dependent territory. Other than that, it will be a big Dub-Induced Plothole.

Unlike some others I don't have a big issue with this news, though it will strike me as a bit odd if the islands are actually in Kanto, since Unova is supposed to be really far from the other regions. Still looking forward to this!

It could just be a shortened season, Adventures in Unova. I mean, not counting the unaired episodes, there are 26 episodes in that season alone, over half of the usual number. Depending on how long this new 'Da' season is, we could be at the usual four season already.

I'm curious what they're going to do while in Kanto. We've hit the battle frontier, there's little to no chance of touching on the Indigo League again, and even his old rival[who I hope makes an appearance] and Team Rocket are sort of.. out of commission. Could it be the Six Gen region is nearer to Kanto, or, in fact, between Kanto and Unova, and the Decolora islands are apart of it, or could led into the next series?

Who knows. They seem to like throwing wrenches in our theories, so I guess I'll have to wait and see.

It could just be a shortened season, Adventures in Unova. I mean, not counting the unaired episodes, there are 26 episodes in that season alone, over half of the usual number. Depending on how long this new 'Da' season is, we could be at the usual four season already.

I'm curious what they're going to do while in Kanto. We've hit the battle frontier, there's little to no chance of touching on the Indigo League again, and even his old rival[who I hope makes an appearance] and Team Rocket are sort of.. out of commission. Could it be the Six Gen region is nearer to Kanto, or, in fact, between Kanto and Unova, and the Decolora islands are apart of it, or could led into the next series?

Who knows. They seem to like throwing wrenches in our theories, so I guess I'll have to wait and see.

The 6th Generation isn't happenign near Kanto because we know that the new games are set around Paris in la France courtoisie du très bon announcer trailer of the Pokemon X and Pokemon Y games that are released in October worldwide.

I am aware of this, but by 'set around' do you mean within Paris or based off of? Although I agree with it being heavily based off of the city, possibly and hopefully the country as a whole, this doesn't push out the possibility the group could be taking an alternate route. While Ash flew to Unova in the beginning of the series, they could be going around the other side of the world, or taking a detour and touching on 'Da', or something of the sort.
Just a thought. There are many possibilities tht could sprout up over time..Guess I just have to wait.

Damn! I was hoping for them to keep staying in Unova. But now that they will be going means that the rivals and other characters will no longer be available anymore. That's what bothers me.

Damn! I was hoping for them to keep staying in Unova. But now that they will be going means that the rivals and other characters will no longer be available anymore. That's what bothers me.

I agree with you. I also wonder how will they end the rivality between Georgia and Iris (if PWT Junior Cup wasn't a definite point of their rivality to end) , and Burgundy and Cilan. I also want to see Bianca for more, she was so funny, and Virgil to appear once again.

Every rival in the anime has got at least 5 pokemon. So I think that wouldn't be a good deal to let them with less than five; Burgundy has four,Georgia has only three, Stephan has only three too. I think they could give them at lest one other pokemon. Or they can follow the group in the DA islands. Hope we get back in Pallet and meet MISTY there. I am a bit fed up with only flashbacks of her.
Anyway I really wonder how will go on and have the end the rivals of this serie.

I hope we can get some important events in the DA! It may be a 20 episode saga. I hope any of the group could catch a new pokemon and see some evolutions.

For me it sounds like a new Orange Isles but we'll see. X&Y seems to be leaned on France/Paris or maybe more from Europe, I certainly would like to see also some resemblance to my home country in X&Y. Anyway, Unova was resembling to NY which is in the USA and if you travel from USA east to Japan you eventually cross Europe as well so this can be viewed as a transition between BW and XY. Somewhere on the way getting thrown off (though I would like to at least get rid of Iris on the way, Cilian might turn out better if he stays longer, didn't give up hope for him yet) might very well occur. There is nothing to gain from revisiting Kanto at this point to my knowledge and it's like impossible Ash would re-attempt the Indigo league. Although it might be a good one or two Seasons where Ash re-travels through old regions to reach the League held there next (to finally win them, yeah like any of this would happen).

Oh like they were gonna get crap anyways...BW isn't a character developing saga.

I know that but I rather see them then Oshawott gangs and Claire who has been seen before.

Oh like they were gonna get crap anyways...BW isn't a character developing saga.

I know that but I rather see them then Oshawott gangs and Claire who has been seen before.

Lol Clair hasn't been seen that much and the only Mijumaru we ever really saw was Ash's.

I really don't want to see Claire anymore than I wanted to see Jasmine back in DP. However, Jasmine coming was a game plot, Clairre being there isn't.

I really don't want to see Claire anymore than I wanted to see Jasmine back in DP.
What's with the bias against old characters? Would you rather see plain COTDs instead?

However, Jasmine coming was a game plot, Clairre being there isn't.
That's a good thing since it probably means that Clair has a better reason to be brought back. You should also bear in mind that B2W2 brought all the past gym leaders back for the World Tournament, so you'd think that at least one of them would appear in the anime.

Last edited:
How is Best Wishes still going? The Pokemon League's done, it shoulda ended there. And why not more side-stories like with Chronicles? I know this may sound petty, but does all this need panning and filler arcs to stall for X&Y?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom