• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review BW123: Farewell, Isshu! Setting Sail Once Again!!

Woah... Talk about a great episode. It's a great Rocket episode, and ended with "We're blasting off agaiiiin!" I like it. And the ending theme brought me back! It was awesome! I want to go to Sinnoh and challenge Paul! But keep going toward the X and Y thing, Ash.

Ash is, I must admit, really adorable in his dream, commanding Reshiram to speed up and yelling jubilantly, so childlike. I love how the Iris in his dreams doesn't even have Zekrom thunderbolt Reshiram- just him. Well, that's certainly one way to shoot down the Iris riding Zekrom fiasco, I suppose. It also amuses me that Ash is rather, uh, nonchalant about announcing he's heading home to Kanto, but the gang's interactions here in that scene and in this episode are just really sweet- so it did play off well, with them both deciding to tag along.
I like Oshawott scolding Oak for whatever he stated, it was a pleasant touch of comedy indeed. I thought there would be more of a scene with Iris and Dento, as they're leaving Unova for possibly the first time in their lives, but they do give some mention to it (I think), so I'll allow them off with that.
Interesting how the TRio both take some boat (I'm presuming it's not theirs, would be of their nature), and print three dud tickets just for it; a lot of effort there, it has to be said. I don't comprehend as to why Jessie feels the need to keep up with the overly excited pair of Pikachu and Kibago (so cute), as eventually, they're just going to hit the play place? Perhaps it's to be absolutely certain they enter it...?
I'm really glad Oshawott has some competence in this episode, I kind of wish Ash'd use him to battle them off in the end, but there's always BW126 for that, so I may be too greedy with that particular desire, anyways. I adore how the gang all try out forcing the locked door open, and the result is still the same. It's locked, kiddies.
Smooth one, Iris, having Excadrill dig into the deck, but it does save them in the end by providing them with an easy distraction, and I love how the TRio think their Pokemon are going to be the perfect cork and stop the spillage, oops.
Also, it fascinated me how both Iris and Ash and not Dento whine about the quality of accommodation; I thought he'd be more fussy than them on that.

I enjoyed this- I'm relieved we finally see the TRio's personalities in the full after waiting for some time now (as long as they don't appear in every single Da episode, I'll be content), and Parker disturbs me slightly with his design. Oh, well.

At least, they have better plans than throwing a random net or mecha at Pikachu and Axew.
Not really. They lost a damn ship for nothing.

We dont even know how they got it! Who cares about the ship IRIS broke?
They could have saved it for a more important thing than just steal someone's Pokémon, like use it to follow their ship during the saga and then engage something, whatever how they managed to got a ship.

But it was funny anyway and I'm still willing for that Excadrill scene gif.

At least, they have better plans than throwing a random net or mecha at Pikachu and Axew.
Not really. They lost a damn ship for nothing.

We dont even know how they got it! Who cares about the ship IRIS broke?
They could have saved it for a more important thing than just steal someone's Pokémon, like use it to follow their ship during the saga and then engage something, whatever how they managed to got a ship.

But it was funny anyway and I'm still willing for that Excadrill scene gif.

They just stole a ship. :)) After all, they didn't expect that the Tarzan Girl and her Excadrill would destroy it eventually! Not that they would let them continue in the saga if their plan succeeded.

I'm still willing for that Excadrill scene gif.
Now if I only knew where to upload pictures bigger than 2MB...
Excadrill_Dig_on_boat_gif_2.gif

Last edited:
Please note: The thread is from 11 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom