• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review BW125: Sommelier Detective Dent! The Locked Room of the Ocean!!

Yall can try to fake it if you want to, but...

While this episode did have its funny moments, ultimately it was cheesy and boring as hell. These fillers are just too out there. I would have rathered another tournament.

Excuse the pessimism, but am I the only one who is questioning how we got to this point as these episodes go on?
Detective Dento episodes are never anything to write home about, the first and second episodes of Da! were pretty much a generic TR fillers, however the next episode, the Ibuki one, the Butterfree one, and a possible future string of episodes look promising. So, I wouldn't make final judgements yet.

Dento hiding behind Iris outta fear of Choroneko? Where have I seen this before, WISHFULSHIPPING HINTS!

tumblr_mmjpntmjcO1qmeg6ao1_500.jpg
tumblr_mmjpntmjcO1qmeg6ao2_500.png

Last edited:
Dento was so cute in this episode >_< I loved all his "¬¬" faces when looking Choroneko.

But is sad to know they will never do a flashback with Baby Dento bullied by a Evil Choroneko =/

I guess this episode was all right, IMO, even if it may just be because I thought it was at least better than the first two eps of Da!.

I was glad to see Axew actually get stomped in a battle tournament, like what we should be seeing more often. No temporary power-ups, no pulling another powerful new move from nowhere - just a total loss for him and Iris.

I loved this episode, it had lots of moments that made laugh. Overall I never got bored for a moment, I just wished most of the episodes would just as entertaining. Can't wait till this episode gets dubbed in English and Spanish.

I haven't had a good long laugh in Pokemon for a long while, I almost spit out the food I was eating - in this scene:
"Satoshi and Iris pulling Choroneko off other person (I forgot his name) and when they managed to take Choroneko off, he goes flying back and lands on Dento's hands!! And when Dento realizes what he caught, he screams really loud."

Dento was so cute in this episode >_< I loved all his "¬¬" faces when looking Choroneko.

=/
Choroneko and Dento on the same scenes where my absolute favorites.

The episode did have it's funny moments, but it was boring half of the time, and I couldn't believe how quickly the time went. Cilan was fun, but I don't think Ash did much to help the humor. Something interesting to note:

>Tournament happens.
>Iris loses in the first round.
>Iris uses Axew and it doesn't learn a new move and loses.
>Type-advantages working enough to beat the opponent.
>Ash wins it.

You'd think it would be considered as being the best tournament in BW!. :p

This was definitely WATWAWAWAWAWWA!!\

The only good thing was that we at least got a brief Cameo Appearence of an Elektrik. Now all we need to see is Zoroark in 2-3 Weeks and Klang.

Last edited:
Well, now they can't say Ash left BW! without scoring a tournament win, I guess.

Well, now they can't say Ash left BW! without scoring a tournament win, I guess.

Not exactly, but we can say he left Isshu without winning a damn thing. Heck, you can hardly say Isshu brought him anything special compared to other regions!

Other than a palm tree and a fruit basket..

You'd think it would be considered as being the best tournament in BW!. :p

Probably would have been had it:

>Been Georgia in place of some CoTD named Tite.
>Burgundy was there, and had beaten Cilan( who actually would've participated).
>Trip would have signed up, but fell off the boat and drowned some time before the tournament started.
>It was not condensed into 10 minutues.
>Pikachu wasn't used.
>Had some kind of actual reward.

I wonder whether we'll ever know why Dent's so afraid of Choroneko....

Anyway, it was a boring episode, but Dent's reactions were hilarious XD

I think the Best Part of the Whole Episode was when Cilan Screamed So Loud Like a Little Girl before Who's That Pokemon.
I can't wait for that Scream with Jason Griffith.

This whole tournament is basically akin to Satoshi's Fukamaru... introduced last minute seemingly to placate the fans and makes no real impact on the plot.

CIlan screaming, was very amusing just like in the litwick episode, The 3,890,472 watchog to appear, said Watchog SLAMMING the door in that guy's face, purrloin attacking the guy and making cilan freak out were very well crafted in this episode id give it around a 6.5/10

Now come to think, do the anime staff people have a fixation with Watchog or what?

I'm probably only one who actually liked this episode, and I don't usually like fillers.
I haven't had a good long laugh in Pokemon for a long while, I almost spit out the food I was eating - in this scene:
"Satoshi and Iris pulling Choroneko off other person (I forgot his name) and when they managed to take Choroneko off, he goes flying back and lands on Dento's hands!! And when Dento realizes what he caught, he screams really loud."
This. It was brilliant scene.

Wow, just found out Shibibeel finally made it's animated debut in this episode. Poor guy, he finally makes an appearance and its just getting knocked out by Pikachu in a clip so brief not even Filb picked it up.

Also, what did Satoshi get for winning the tournament?

I had mixed feelings about this episode when I first saw the previews, but after watching it I can say that it wasn't as bad as I thought. The detective plot didn't drag as much as I thought it would and Cilan was funny; I loved when he screamed when Purrloin got tossed into his arms. I liked the little tournament although I thought Ash should have used someone other than Pikachu, but perhaps the tournament was so minor that it didn't really matter who was used. I just liked how the mystery played out like one big game of Clue.

I wonder whether we'll ever know why Dent's so afraid of Choroneko....

I think we'll never know. Ash and Iris both know what happened already, so bringing the reason back just for the audience seems pointless after preventing us to know.

Wait, did you guys SEE this episode!? I surfed the web to try to watch this episode and all I found was an ad ware! D:<

Please note: The thread is from 11 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom