• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review BW126: Goodbye Mijumaru!? The Path to Being Hotachi King!

This was pretty good not the best but good. Liked seeing Surf again, it is a nifty move to use at times.

I must admit, I never expected to see Surf in the anime again after the 2011 Tsunami. I'd have thought it would have an unofficial ban placed on it like Earthquake did.

Well Miju got a a win for once, after being used as battle fodder in its last dozen appearances. But I so wish the writers would have evolved him, that middle stage is really cool.

Its about fucking time the writers give my favorite little sea otter a win! Its so great to see them not make him out to be nothing but a joke for once, one thing that made this episode full of adorable Oshawott and Dewott even better. Great episode and an Oshawott win is always worth it!

The thing that most annoyed me about the animation during the DP series was the cheap blastoffs Team Rocket had (one static rotating image of them all), during the Episode N blastoffs I thought that it wasn't happening again, but now they're recycling blastoff footage in addition to recycling motto footage? Seriously?

I didn't expect Mijumaru to win, so I enjoyed the episode more than I thought I would. The flashbacks almost got me there at the end.
Turns out that the broken scalchop wasn't that big of a deal after all...

Cool episode, best one of Da! so far.

Loved Mijumaru, glad he got a win and it's good to know things can go his way once in a while. Loved the Shell Blade + Aqua Jet combo and the battle, it wasn't super duper amazing but it was an admirable contest that's for sure. Caesar had Miju outclassed in terms of power, thankfully Satoshi turned it around with that combination in-fruition with spinning to knockout Caesar. I felt bad during the part he was battling in vain against Caesar and kept getting swatted by Shell Blade, that was intense. The way of using Shell Blade in the finishing move, Satoshi used it as more of a way of stabbing than slashing like usual and it was just beautifully animated. The flashbacks Satoshi had of Mijumaru and the idea of separating from him was pretty sweet. Because Miju's hotachi broke he was disqualified, but he won the battle and the whole tournament and we know who the real champion is. Felt bad for Mijumaru when he got rejected, Miju forget that vain and stuck-up Mijuka. ;)

Team Rocket's presence felt largely unneeded and I really wish they didn't appear in this episode, more time could have been devoted toward the battle with what time they did use. Doing their motto and proceeding to get sent skyward in a matter of seconds was just pathetic, once again getting defeated by their own malfunctioning devices. Quattro manages to be an entertaining enough COTD, he snobby behavior was fun to watch and Caesar's. Mijuka gets props too, seeing a Mijumaru in royal clothes was pretty cute. So glad he got a win and a good battle. All the hotachi merchandise looked good too.

Very entertaining episode, best since Pokemon got started. So excited from beginning to end! (perfect 11/10 for me - it was like the animators got inside my head and knew what kind of episode I had dreamed about in years, and today they made it true). I would be perfectly at home on Hotashi Island. The cake looked good, and I wished I had a scalchop t-shirt.

Loved the battle at the end, Miju vs Caesar. How Miju got knocked around a few times at first - I thought he was going to loose the match easily. The Razor Shell attacks at the end, (like Druddigon mentioned above me) was more of a stabbing than slashing.

At one point I thought Miju was leaving, after he won, during the flashbacks, I could feel the tears coming down my eyes (it was that emotional for me).

but still Caesar won at the end!! with Mijuka. (I think I would faint from the cuteness in this scene)..... and Miju's rejected facial expression!! That made me laugh. I guess the scalchop breaking represented his broken heart (and then starts falling in love with Cinccino).

Still very annoyed Nyasu impersonating Futachimaru.

Last edited:
This episode just seemed to be like a lamer version of Cream of the Croagunk Crop. Team Rocket just seemed pointless. However, I loved seeing Oshawott do all of that work to impress Mijuka just for her to break his heart afterward. At least Oshawott actually won a battle for the first time in so many episodes I can't even count.

not bad but a bit cheesy. one of the parts i liked when Oshawott had to hit the target with his schalop. that reminded me of my freshman year at High school where i had to do archery as part of my P.E. class. well that schallop suit didnt compliment Freddie to say the least o_O oh well it was a fair episode. 7/10

A good episode, but if the Hotachi Queen could choose her King, regardless the winner, what was the whole point of the episode? n_n

I'm gonna like it more if the broken scalchop turns out to be a plot or something.

Well, this was a great episode, even though the contest was TOTALLY SAME with the Croagunk Festival Brock participated in DP. They really did a great job in copying EVERY SINGE THING. COTD Rival appears, he has a better Pokemon but gets beaten by the protagonist at the final, though in the end the "Queen" chooses the rival regardless. Meanwhile Meowth tries his luck imitating the Pokemon, to no avail, only for TR to blast off just before the final.

At least, what made this episode better was that we weren't anxiously waiting for a Pastoria Gym Battle, plus we got to see Don George and Freddy Scoop again. It was a great episode, after all it has been 5 years since the last time we got the very same thing. We also got that "Sayonara Oshawott" flashbacks, which reminded me of that Squirtle Squad Johto Episode.

PS: The broken scalchop must have been more for the hilarity, like Piplup's moments at the "Battling A Cute Drama" episode. I don't think we will even see it bandaged the next time Oshawott appears.

I for one loved the symbolism of Oshawott's scalchop breaking, rendering it useless (as the judge himself even declared by disqualifying Oshawott. Ain't got the full package of the best quality? Buh-bye then) the moment he was rejected.

Hilarious.

It feels like this was a pointless filler only made for give Oshawott focus. But guess what? Oshawott already got most focus of all Ashs Unova team members. Do an episode like this to another pokemon(Leavanny, Palpitoad, Boldore or Unfezant) and let him/her show some personality instead of another Oshawott-in-love episode. This is just stupid.

Iris makes the best faces. It was nice of Dento to steal her sclera.

tumblr_mmvzddugMB1s3at53o4_r1_500.jpg

Please note: The thread is from 11 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom