• Hello all! The forum staff have introduced a new rule set. We've reduced the number of rules, made trick language easier to understand, and have hopefully simplified the rules to make understanding them easier. Please have a read over the new forum rules here.
  • Hey guys! Have you heard? We now have popup
    Yes, Popups!
    messages for your forum posts. Learn more about it here!
  • Hey everyone, if you hadn't heard, information about Sword and Shield has been leaking. Outside of the designated threads in our Current Events section, please keep all unrevealed Pokemon, names, or any other information in spoiler tags. This policy will be in effect until January 3rd. This is an exciting time for Pokémon fans, enjoy yourselves!
  • Recently, some of our fellow Pokémon fan sites have received legal requests to take down leaked Sword and Shield images. We have not received one of these requests yet, but we are taking some preemptive measures to stay on the safe side. We ask that from now until the games release (November 15th) that you do not post any new leaked images anywhere on the forums.

For more information, see this thread

PREVIEW: BW128: Rotom VS Dr. Okido!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not-well known member.
Reaction score

Last edited by a moderator:
Pokémon: Gen 8.0 You Can (Not) Catch 'em All
Reaction score
Re: BW128? Oak and Rotom

Is Oak wearing a box on his head?

Pokémon: Gen 8.0 You Can (Not) Catch 'em All
Reaction score

That would make sense, though, why would his hair turn into a square?

Not-well known member.
Reaction score

That would make sense, though, why would his hair turn into a square?
I think it's like a circle, or a dome shape hairstyle. The top is cut off and I can see that it is a bit round in some parts.

I hope this Rotom isn't a mischievous one.

Fire Chicken
Reaction score

Generic filler needed to showcase Rotom... and Oak.

MEGA F'ING AMPHAROS!!!
Reaction score

Rotom hasn't been seen in an anime episode since 2008, so it isn't that bad. I coiuldn't care less if Professor Oak catches anything here, since he barely appears on-screen anyway.

Simpler times ahead
Reaction score

Oak with an Afro thanks to the electric shock from Rotom. I love it. Otherwise, Oak catching a Pokemon? That's.......odd. I wonder why?

What's a Pokemon?
Reaction score

This takes place on Mutoro Island?

Oh haha, it's "Rotom", but with the characters switched around.

That's not clever in the slightest.

Oh well, Rotom is a nice Pokemon.

Not-well known member.
Reaction score

Proud Pokeservative!
Reaction score

Generic filler needed to showcase Rotom... and Oak.
Since rotom can turn into a lawn mower, oven, washer, fan, and Fridge. i wonder if this may by chance be happend to be sponcered by SEARS? Otherwise it doesnt seem too interesting

Onduru ruragittan disukaa
Reaction score

This takes place on Mutoro Island?

Oh haha, it's "Rotom", but with the characters switched around.

That's not clever in the slightest.

Oh well, Rotom is a nice Pokemon.
Kind of weird since Rotom itself is "motor" switched around.

QUEEN NICKI DOMINATE
Reaction score

Nice to see Oak outside the lab and interacting with Pokemon and stuff again. Maybe he wants to capture it for his research or something? Hmmm....possible new Rotom form later?

Prepared for any diluve
Reaction score

Nice to see Oak outside the lab and interacting with Pokemon and stuff again. Maybe he wants to capture it for his research or something? Hmmm....possible new Rotom form later?
Nah, Rotom will turn to Oak's slave.

"Oh, it's so good to cut the grass that way~"

Which reminds me, this would be one of the few times I would love so hard if Meowth had wonders again about getting one for Giovanni.

Stuck
Reaction score

Except it's pretty much confirmed Oak catches it lol.
That doesn't really make the episode important. Oak could have caught Rotom at any time, and we don't know how much of it we'll see in the future. None of Oak's Pokémon has appeared more than once.

Call me Robert guys
Reaction score

Except it's pretty much confirmed Oak catches it lol.
That doesn't really make the episode important. Oak could have caught Rotom at any time, and we don't know how much of it we'll see in the future. None of Oak's Pokémon has appeared more than once.
And yet we know he's battling Rotom with a pokemon so clearly someone is reappearing.

No episode with a important character appearing or a capture is a filler, simple as that.

Stuck
Reaction score

And yet we know he's battling Rotom with a pokemon so clearly someone is reappearing.
I honestly wouldn't be surprised if it were a previously unseen Pokémon. I don't see Oak using Dragonite, and neither Pidgey nor its evolutions would be effective against Rotom. Charmeleon would be nice, but a reference to Movie 4 seems unlikely.

Call me Robert guys
Reaction score

I honestly wouldn't be surprised if it were a previously unseen Pokémon. I don't see Oak using Dragonite, and neither Pidgey nor its evolutions would be effective against Rotom. Charmeleon would be nice, but a reference to Movie 4 seems unlikely.
Definitely won't be a filler if he shows two new pokemon lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.