• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review BW128: Rotom VS Dr. Okido!

Ok. Stunkfisk gets hit by a craftsman lawn mower, Purrloin gets attacked by a Maytag Washer, Axew is unscathed when Iris and Emolga get roaseted by a Kenmore stove, And Jessies face... Ill file this one under the "Ok then..."

8/10

I don't know why Oak didn't use his Dragonite in this episode to help with Rotom. It could have met Iris' Dragonite too.

I don't know why Oak didn't use his Dragonite in this episode to help with Rotom. It could have met Iris' Dragonite too.
He most likely doesn't actually have one, I take the Mastermind Special with a massive grain of salt. Plus that would be overkill for a tiny little Rotom.

In my opinion, the only decent aspect about this episode was that Rotom, a pokemon that had not appeared in the anime since 2008, made another appearance.

I could not care less that Oak caught a pokemon here, because it will be snowing in hell before we ever get to see him use it.

Oak doesn't seem to carry the pokemon that he catches with him on his excursions. The only actual episode in which we saw Oak use a pokemon was EP245, when he used a Pidgey that he caught off screen during the episode.

So chances were Professor Oak didn't have any pokemon on him at the time, and this was why he asked Ash and co. to use their electric-type pokemon to attract the Rotom.

The Da! nice-to-watch episodes streak is still living on - that's awesome -, and I laughed at Jessie's face for like one minute straight. Nice episode.

What wording did they use on explaining genderless Pokemon? I think it's the first time it has come up since BW started the excessive use of Attract and even Cilan didn't seem fully aware of it.

Ash's excitement at playing with a lawnmower and Stunfisk's apparently substandard electricity were great. Really enjoyable episode all round.

This was a really good episode! Don't think I've been more amused by Okido-Hakase in a very long time. The Rotom were absolutely adorable and I liked how everyone actually could particepate in the whole episode. Also yay more Maggyo!

I think I laughed the most at Musashi's puffed up face.
www Musashi looks like a blowfish on steroids. I haven't seen the episode yet, though :(
Waiting for subititles.

I love how Stunfisk cries when it gets ran over or stepped on despite the fact it's Pokedex entry says it can withstand being stepped on by a sumo wrestler :p

- Ash recognizes Rotom.
- Ash says he met Rotom in Sinnoh.

Why can't we have more of this? It makes Ash seem so much more experienced and mature.

Overall, this episode was pretty enjoyable. Stunfisk and Emonga got to do something, everyone contributed in a way and Oak got a Rotom, one of my favorite electric types.

It's a shame that we have to wonder how an English dubber will "deal with" Japanese text in the year 2013.

And if I can recall correct,I thought PUSA/TPCI does'nt really alter the text anymore, and when they do, it's pretty rare. (like that sinnoh now thing and the route paint edit from the 1st DP episode.)
-------
Most likely I think the live caster will still be in the show when it hits the English dub.

And if I can recall correct,I thought PUSA/TPCI does'nt really alter the text anymore, and when they do, it's pretty rare. (like that sinnoh now thing and the route paint edit from the 1st DP episode.)

The Route 201 episode was a necessary (and actually pretty nicely done) paint edit The 'Sinnoh Now' edit was a small blemish on an otherwise excellent record for TPCi, especially considering it was corrected for the DVD release. They've certainly never done pointless paint edits that exist for no other reason than to show off they can be done (hello, Hoenn Badge Case).

It's a shame that we have to wonder how an English dubber will "deal with" Japanese text in the year 2013.

While they have proven they won't do pointless edits like painting out hieroglyphs, they probably haven't altered the text anymore mainly because there is no text to alter in the first place. Even so, TPCi doesn't seem as hater with Japanese text like 4Kids, and I think that if Japanese text would appear in the background, without any relevance besides atmosphere and ambientation, they wouldn't edit it. However, in this case, I think the Live Caster text is being too focused for them to not translate it.

I hope the viewers of the international version might edit the "Live Caster" bit. The last time they did it was the Route 201 thing.
Actually, the last time they did it was in DP070, when they changed a magazine name. On TPCi's defense, I still don't know what "Can" is intended to mean...
yTfwEkV.png

Here is a review I did of the ep :p

[video]http://blip.tv/psychic-waves/pokemon-decolora-adventures-episode-6-review-rotom-and-afro-s-d-6599039[/video]

Please note: The thread is from 11 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom