• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review BW128: Rotom VS Dr. Okido!

This was just so GREAT a perfect Episode and Professor Oak Catches a Pokemon on screen this is good a Perrrfect 10/10 Episode and it was just so Funny with good moments I think. Does anyone know what kind Of Moves that his NEW Rotom Knows at all or Not.

I hope Rotom appears often with Oak.

Personally, I believe that Rotom (like Okido's Lizardo, Poppo and Kairyu) will never appear again... prove me wrong, anime.

Just checked out the pictures on Filb and... does the Pokedex play episodes of the Live Caster? God, I wonder how the TPCi will handle that... would love to see them dub it (HA!).

It's a shame that we have to wonder how an English dubber will "deal with" Japanese text in the year 2013.

It's a shame that we have to wonder how an English dubber will "deal with" Japanese text in the year 2013.

It'll probably look something like this...

Or, you know, it'll probably just get cut.

Can you say, awesome episode? It was a nice comedic episode and it wasn't a filler either technically, it takes the award for the best episode of Da! so far.

• Okido-Hakase, wow, I've never been so entertained by him before. I actually thought he was bland in his DP appearance, he was so refreshing and fun to watch in this episode. He was easily my favorite human character of this whole episode, the afro scene for example and the scene where he did his Pokemon Live Caster and Pokemon senryu in the actual episode(As a result he didn't do it later at the end of the episode.) was the first time I actually really laughed out loud at something in a while in this show. I'm so glad he caught a Rotom and yes, I do think we'll be seeing the Rotom again, not just because I'm an optimist but Lizardo and Kairyu were in specials/movies so it's natural they haven't appeared. Especially those two, the former being seen with him as a kid and the latter being put in a special commissioned by 4kids. The pigeon in Jouto just seemed like a showing Pokemon more than anything, simply brought for a lecture and it's a bird and one of the most early and common Pokemon. Makes sense, but Rotom we will be seeing again and I'm positive of it. Yep, I'm happy we finally got to see his Pokemon capture pose and capture cry, been wanting that for a while. I literally can't wait until this episode is subbed simply because I'm interested in hearing what all of his notes and such were about. Him trying to capture Rotom without weakening it was nice, people give Satoshi flak for that but a Pokemon professor is doing the same thing. Like I said both times it's meant to be nothing but showing their excitement over getting a new Pokemon.
  • Those Rotom had great personalities and their actions were very entertaining, they were even bigger sadistic troublemakers than the Koaruhie, Hitomoshi and Monozu gangs. I thought them loving Emonga's electricity but hating Maggyo's was amusing. Them drenching Iris, Leaf Storming Emonga and roasting Emonga and Iris with Kibago retreating in the safety of Iris's PokemonControlMachineLaser/Fire proof hair was golden. I even like how the writers went out of the way to make their electricity orange. The whole set of them was amazing, just taking over appliances and wrecking stuff.
  • Dem Pokemonz. Happy to see Emonga, Maggyo and Waruvial, haven't seen them since Da! began. Glad for Doryuzu appearing as well. Yay for no Mijumaru this episode too. Kibago shaking Okido's hand was adorable and Emonga trying to infatuate the Rotom with Mero-Mero was great and so like her. She does Mero-Mero so much better than Tsutarja, she actually uses it in comedic instances and isn't helpless without it. Acknowledging Rotom genderless-ness was great too. Maggyo getting run over and crying was a yes scene for me because it was funny.

There were so many fantastic things that happened in this episode!

Liked the in-episode Live Caster segment. It looks like the Pokedex was referenced at the end for the pictures and scene transition, giving the appearance that the Live Caster was a segment for the audience to watch (which it was) rather than having the Pokemon Center setting as well as providing the place for the Live Caster segment.

Team Rocket was fun in this episode. For all the times that they neutralized Pikachu's electric attacks, it was great to have that turned around on them with Maggyo/Waruvial/Doryuzu.
The equipment they were using seemed to have that Ghostbusters vibe. :-D

This episode was a pleasant surprise. It will be hard top this season.

Oh my God this episode was awesome. I think my favorite of the series so far. Even the music was well placed and it wasn't repetitive at all. (Even so, Parker got just 17 seconds of screentime.. Oww...)
When was the last time we saw actual Japanese text within the episode itself? 10 years ago? I think this will be a bit hard for the dub staff, just look at how the Live Caster title screen even reflects on the floor.

The previews we had made the episode look like it was going to be focused in Professor Oak's hair more than anything, but I'm glad that wasn't spread throughout the whole episode as I thought. Professor Oak was just great here, it was a big time since we hadn't his usual comical appearences, and for some reason I like the Oak/Rocket interactions in the series, even if minimal, so this was a plus for me. Team Rocket using a variation of their motto?! During the Best Wishes series?! Another big plus! (Do somebody know what they said? To protect the Electrical Safety? What?)

The participation the twerps' Pokémon had was very well done. I feel sorry for Stunfisk, he got the worse part in everything here, and I didn't expected seeing Krookodile or Excadrill at the end. Just yet another plus in this episode.

The end was a sunset as always, but at least this one had a different vibe for a change. Also, was at the end the narrator impersonating Professor Oak?! I was expecting to see something like this for a while!

Oh, and this guy:
bhKz0Ij.png

Me: Brock is that you?
Guy: *Turns around and reveals that he has eyes*
Me: Oh... Well what was I hoping for anyway...

Last edited:
I hope the viewers of the international version might edit the "Live Caster" bit. The last time they did it was the Route 201 thing. That episode is hilarious, though! I think I will see Prof. Oak in Kanto if I have the time for Summer Vacation!

You know, the dubbers will probably be provided with a 'clean' episode without the Japanese lettering during the Live Caster just let they get all the openings and closings the same way.

This was a really good episode! Don't think I've been more amused by Okido-Hakase in a very long time. The Rotom were absolutely adorable and I liked how everyone actually could particepate in the whole episode. Also yay more Maggyo!

I think I laughed the most at Musashi's puffed up face.

That episode is now my new favorite! That beats the Raichu one, because Rotom is an Electric-Type! I wish I could have one of them-- NEVER MIND, I HAVE A FROST ONE!

And it gets interesting when I watch "Get Your Rotom Running" along with it!

Pretty funny and fun episode to watch, had a great laugh - especially with Musashi's face! (as posted above). Glad to see Okido once again, and same with Emonga! (hadn't seen her in a while).... I wouldn't mind seeing this episode again (for me it was missing one of my two favorite either Satoshi's Mijumaru doing something dumb or funny, or a wild Miruhoggu - to be another instant favorite). For all the funny good times I had maybe 8/10 for me.

Definitely my favorite episode of Da! yet. And was anyone else screaming for Ash to get on board the plane with Oak at the end as well?

Gabo 2oo said:
When was the last time we saw actual Japanese text within the episode itself? 10 years ago?

It's been longer than that. They haven't had anything longer than a single kanji character in an episode since the Orange Islands.

MikaelDer said:
And was anyone else screaming for Ash to get on board the plane with Oak at the end as well?

Orchid-Hakase offered him a ride onboard but he declined, saying that he'd rather continue going by ship because he'll be able to meet more pokemon that way.

Please note: The thread is from 11 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom