• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview BW129 - The Pirate King of the Decolora Islands!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: BW??? - Croconaw

So, Team Rocket had the food that they stole stolen from them and Ash and co are trying to stop the pirates. Nothing new there...

Could be, but in One Piece there are a group of pirates that once had a raft and in their crew theres.

Blackbeard: The captain = Croconaw

Van Auger: The Marksman/Shooter = Octillery

Lafitte: A member who has wings = Ducklett

Multiple members who are Giants/Generally big = Azumarill(Pretty big Pokemon, but compared to Ducklett and Octillery).

Unless you already knew that. I know it's probably not a direct reference, but there are some similarities.

Alternatively, you could compare them to Arlong pirates, since they're fishmen and the Pokemon are all water types, assuming that the latter can all swim.
Croconaw: Arlong (They both the leader and have big sharp teeth)
Octillery: Hachi (They're both based on octopus)
Ducklett: Chew (Ducklett has a bill and Choo has long lips)
Azumarill: Kuroobi (They're both huge and his twin-tailed hairstyle resembles Azumarill's ears)

So, Team Rocket had the food that they stole stolen from them and Ash and co are trying to stop the pirates. Nothing new there...

Could be, but in One Piece there are a group of pirates that once had a raft and in their crew theres.

Multiple members who are Giants/Generally big = Azumarill(Pretty big Pokemon, but compared to Ducklett and Octillery).

Unless you already knew that. I know it's probably not a direct reference, but there are some similarities.

Alternatively, you could compare them to Arlong pirates, since they're fishmen and the Pokemon are all water types, assuming that the latter can all swim.
Azumarill: Kuroobi (They're both huge and his twin-tailed hairstyle resembles Azumarill's ears)

Well, Ash and co. might join forces with Team Rocket to get the Pirates, unless that was already stated. I enjoy it when the two groups join forces, it just shows that they're not all that bad. And since Meowth has shown that he gets along with the group lately and in the 2nd Subway episode, it could show Jessie and James getting along with Ash and co., which hasn't happened for a long time, I think.

Also, did Team Rocket get there stolen food stolen a lot in previous generations, I don't remember. I do remember that they have had their food stolen though.

Hmm, I guess a reference to the Arlong Pirates also makes sense. I hope it's not just a coincidence, seeing as they've had movie and tv show references before and because One Piece is popular in Japan.

Well, Ash and co. might join forces with Team Rocket to get the Pirates, unless that was already stated. I enjoy it when the two groups join forces, it just shows that they're not all that bad. And since Meowth has shown that he gets along with the group lately and in the 2nd Subway episode, it could show Jessie and James getting along with Ash and co., which hasn't happened for a long time, I think.
The last I remember was at Litwick's Mansion episode.

I think it's gonna be a boring filler n_n

How is Azumarill "huge"? It's smaller than Croconaw is.
I think Azumarill is meant to be acknowledge as a sizable Pokemon, it even has Huge Power(Called Muscleman in Japanese) as an ability. Completely exclusive to its family.

I think Azumarill is meant to be acknowledge as a sizable Pokemon, it even has Huge Power(Called Muscleman in Japanese) as an ability.
Huge Power is called Muscleman in Japanese, and by that logic even Azurill is sizable despite being one of the smallest Pokémon. The Marill family are just bouyant.

Ugh, Croconaw... This makes me think of Totodile...

Now when Charizard has returned and possibly Butterfree will too, can't we please have Totodile come back too? :<

That would be awesome. I'm still waiting for them to evolve Bayleef, doubt that will happen anytime soon. Maybe the Croconaw will remind Ash of his Totodile. Might be foreshadowing but I doubt it. Although I have heard that he appears in the 15th Pokemon movie. Looks like an average episode.

The DP series started a trend of showcasing Johto starters that aren't Ash's. There is also a random Typhlosion in the ending. It's rather annoying.

This is going to be so Funny with Meowth being held Captive by these Bumbling Pirate Pokemon

Also, did Team Rocket get there stolen food stolen a lot in previous generations, I don't remember. I do remember that they have had their food stolen though.

Hmm, I guess a reference to the Arlong Pirates also makes sense. I hope it's not just a coincidence, seeing as they've had movie and tv show references before and because One Piece is popular in Japan.

Also an obvious reference to Pikachu's voice actress Ikue Ohtani, who coincidentally voice Tony Tony Chopper, a One Piece Straw Hat Member.

Charizard was mentioned in a summary a week ago, but apparently, someone on 2ch says that they're the Charizard Pokemon Pirates or something.

VA List.

Ash
Iris
Cilan
Pikachu
Axew
Jessie
James
Meowth
Charizard (In the new summary(I think))
Pignite
Oshawott
Snivy (In the new summary)
Yamask
Woobat
Officer Jenny
Parker

Summaries from Adamant.

"The pirates operating in the Decolora Archipelago... appear to be Pokémon!? When the ship Satoshi and friends are riding is attacked by pirates, they immediately start trying to track them down! But the true goal of the pirates turns out to be...!?

The Rocket Gang attempt to steal the luxury food from the Decolora Steamer's food storage. But then the 'Big Jaw Pokémon' Alligates, the 'Jet Pokémon' Okutank and the 'Aqua Rabbit Pokémon' Marilli show up, snatching the food before they can get to it, then dashing off through the ship.

Satoshi and friends hear the alarm sounding off, and attempt to stop them as well, but the 'Water Bird Pokémon' Koaruhie was waiting for them with a raft, and they quickly escape on this. Junsa is also worried over these unbelievably evil acts this Pokémon pirate crew is committing, and Lizardon is sent out to track down their hideout. Will Tsutarja manage to convince them to stop their piracy!? Will Chaoboo's feelings reach through to them!? And is Nyarth no longer bitter about what happened to the food...!?"

Last edited:
Do we have a Preview for this Episode yet because I am really Anticipating this Episode for a while now?

Nice to see Pikachu showing off his talent for impressions again... it's been too long.

Snivy actually doing something useful? What sorcery is this?!?

Tell me when Palpitoad will do something useful.
As much as I love him, as far as I'm concerned Palpitoad is never appearing again in BW. All we know is Leavanny is appearing in the movie, that's the only reserve(Boldore, Unfezant, Leavanny) to be heard of since Episode N.

Would be nice if they could have Charizard do something other than being like the regional bird. I'd rather have it shipped back to Oak when its role is like this.

Would be nice if they could have Charizard do something other than being like the regional bird. I'd rather have it shipped back to Oak when its role is like this.

Well I want Charizard, Pikachu, Oshawott, Pignite and Krookodile shipped back to Oak. Then Ash would have to use Palpitoad and the others.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom